M1X - warm tint, comparison shot Fenix TA30 and FINALLY a pic that shows the warmth

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M1X - warm tint, added comparison shot with LF HO-9

Thanks for the response Henk, perhaps you could point me to this CPF dealer or online store this dealer operates.

Have a great New Year!

You have a PM sir! :D

I would have done that in my posting, if I knew.

Hyperloop's reply shows that it is to remain secret. Well, personnally I don't care, the M1X is not my class of light, too large...

Happy new year! :party:

Fender

Newly Enlightened
Here are two shots of my M1X V4, recieved early to mid November, and a Surefire LX2. The M1X is my warmest light by far. I would assume it is a "warm" version. What do you think? The difference is quite large in person.

m1x1.jpg

m1x2.jpg

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would have done that in my posting, if I knew.

Hyperloop's reply shows that it is to remain secret. Well, personnally I don't care, the M1X is not my class of light, too large...

Happy new year! :party:
No, it isnt that it is to remain secret, no one asked :D but as i am unsure if he has it in stock, i can give his contact details on a case by case basis while i ask him if i can post his contact details here.

Reason being, this may be a case where there is a limited number of pieces and i wouldnt want to give the impression that he has these in stock when he only has a coupla pieces and thus make life difficult for everyone, you guys thinking that there are huge stocks of this light and him being deluged with inquiries when there arent that many, best to be safe right? My inquiries have gone out to him.

Ask and ye shall receive :p

Happy New Year CPF-ers and best wishes to all for 2010.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally agree with hyperloop!

Spoke to Flavio @ BugOutGear and he's just told me that the M1X warm tint versions are made to order only at this stage. But here comes the strangest bit: the DEALER has to supply the warm tint MC-E emitters to Jetbeam for them to be fitted onto the M1Xs.:confused: Jetbeam does not make a warm tint version of the M1X as part of their product lineup.

Sounds like we need to organise a GROUPBUY. Anyone here got experience with this? We also need an LED expert to help determine the binning of the MC-Es and where to source the emitters.

Advice/opinions anyone???

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE:

I've found a reliable dealer in Singapore who can supply the warm tinted M1Xs. Those of you who are interested, PM hyperloop or myself for his contact details.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you are confident enough to perform your own mods, you could source a warm tint MC-E and swap the emitter yourself, or you could sell your M1X and get a whole new light from Singapore.

I agree! I want to know where they are being sold!

I got my V4 as soon as it was released, and it is a normal cool tint.

Where are the warm tints being bought from???

Fender

Newly Enlightened
So mine has to be a regular version then. The warm ones must be REALLY warm then!

Here are two shots of my M1X V4, recieved early to mid November, and a Surefire LX2. The M1X is my warmest light by far. I would assume it is a "warm" version. What do you think? The difference is quite large in person.

m1x1.jpg

m1x2.jpg

Fender

Newly Enlightened
Upon comparing my M1X V4 to my Malkoff MCE Warm - I would have to say mine is a warm M1X. it's identical in temp to the MCE that I know is a warm version, and much warmer than any of my other lights. How come there hasn't been any comparisons of V4 M1X's to other lights? Mine was never ordered as a warm version, but definitely is one. Maybe my dealer ordered them in as such. Who knows.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears that since its a made to order light, the colour temperature of the warm tint depends what MC-Es the dealer can get hold of. Can someone enlighten me as to what bin a MC-E would be if its about 4000K??

ConG

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE:

I've found a reliable dealer in Singapore who can supply the warm tinted M1Xs. Those of you who are interested, PM hyperloop or myself for his contact details.

Hi Fusion_m8,

would you please send me the dealers contact deails via pm? I'm a new user of this forum and obviously I can't send personal messages yet.

Thanks,
Cheers!
ConG

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ConG:

Tried to PM you the details but could not, you have to ENABLE your PM service first. Its currently disabled.

Fusion

Hi Fusion_m8,

would you please send me the dealers contact deails via pm? I'm a new user of this forum and obviously I can't send personal messages yet.

Thanks,
Cheers!
ConG

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a technical person also, but I try...:eek: Incandescent beams are about 3000K-3300K. I found a warm white J 6D MC-E emitter for sale on ebay and the dealer stated the tint of the MC-E to be between 2600K-3700K, which is basically the same as an incandescent lamp. I suspect that would be the same one used in your warm tint M1X, judging from your photos and you saying its the same tint as an incand.

The Dereelight Q2 5A/B P60 drop-in I got is about 4500K, almost identical in tint to a standard VW Golf HID projector front headlight.

i'm not too technologically inclined, what would be a 4000k tint?

ConG

Newly Enlightened
Hello Fusion_m8

thanks for the effort. my messages are not yet active, because I have to post two non-spammy-messages first.

After this post, it should be possible to pm me. If it still is'nt working, could you please send the contact to my email adress?

Thanks,
Cheers,
ConG

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a technical person also, but I try...:eek: Incandescent beams are about 3000K-3300K. I found a warm white J 6D MC-E emitter for sale on ebay and the dealer stated the tint of the MC-E to be between 2600K-3700K, which is basically the same as an incandescent lamp. I suspect that would be the same one used in your warm tint M1X, judging from your photos and you saying its the same tint as an incand.

The Dereelight Q2 5A/B P60 drop-in I got is about 4500K, almost identical in tint to a standard VW Golf HID projector front headlight.

dude best i can do has already been done :D all i can do now is arrange for a fishing trip in melbourne and PM you before i come up so you can meet me and see the light for yourself but looking at my schedule for the next few months, it doesnt seem likely :D still, contact my supplier and talk to him, the tint is INCREDIBLY incand. have no idea where he got it from, but i hope you get one and am sure you will enjoy it too.

ConG

Newly Enlightened
If you are confident enough to perform your own mods, you could source a warm tint MC-E and swap the emitter yourself...

As the pill of the M1X seems to be quite easy to access... two questions:

- where can I buy MC-E emitters/stars with a warm tint?
- how difficult is it to swap the emitter? Is it just a little soldering, or is it tricky for a noob to position/align/attach the star and make sure the heat is correctly dissipated?