Mac EDC SST-50 photo shoot.

I'd like to add my Mac EDC shots to the thread.

All four of mine (two Ti and two brass) have the same drivers:
65000k, 3 mode 2800mah. In addition, all four are, per my request, custom-made with no drill holes for the clip. All four tails are hole-free. :D

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to add my Mac EDC shots to the thread.

All four of mine (two Ti and two brass) have the same drivers:
65000k, 3 mode 2800mah. In addition, all four are, per my request, custom-made with no drill holes for the clip. All four tails are hole-free. :D

IMG_5130.jpg

Just beautiful. Congratulations, AWTYD!! (Wanna sell one of the Ti lights? I like 'em especially without the clip/holes!) :clap: :rock: :twothumbs

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
:sigh: Trying to resist Mac's EDC is becoming increasingly difficult for me. It's like getting to see chocolate cake and not eat it. Impossible.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Gheez Troy :eek:oo:

I guess you aren't missing the one that's in my pocket too much when you have all that goodness going on. :)

Just beautiful. Congratulations, AWTYD!! (Wanna sell one of the Ti lights? I like 'em especially without the clip/holes!) :clap: :rock: :twothumbs
Thanks Dan! Ain't they beautiful? :naughty: Glad to know I have an ally in the proverbial "no-clip" club. :thumbsup: We're a rare breed, I've discovered. :D

I took a clue from you and snapped these shots today, before the wife and kids came home. No reason to advertise my extreme geekness - had to take the mandatory backyard shots to capture the immense beauty of these lights. Just hope the neighbors didn't notice (I can hear 'em now: "You're what? Taking pictures of flashlights?!?") :shakehead :huh:

Incidentalist: nope, I'm good! :D

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK OK OK - this is intended to be a photo thread, but carrying through my original post and questions regarding IMRs..2 pretty red AW IMRs showed up from Lighthound today - charged 'em up and dropped one into that awesome brass EDC SST50. thought I'd share the readings.....the IMR definitely makes a difference!! Both batteries were freshly charged and showing ~4.2. Other lights are shown just for grins....
SST50EDC.jpg

Wow. American made, one cell, pocket sized, and has the brightness of big monster lights. Just awesome!!

:twothumbs

Barbarian

Enlightened
450 lumens for a super smooth design as well. No rough edges at all. Perfect design by Mac.

Mac,

Did you ever think in your wildest dreams that this light would become so popular?

I hope you are not too bored making the same light over and over. We can't get enough of them. :devil:

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
450 lumens for a super smooth design as well. No rough edges at all. Perfect design by Mac.

Mac,

Did you ever think in your wildest dreams that this light would become so popular?

I hope you are not too bored making the same light over and over. We can't get enough of them. :devil:

Well, he could start making the Knurly light! I would be in on that one, too. :thumbsup:

Barbarian

Enlightened
^

You are so right zwerky! Don't forget about that styrofoam run he might have!

Track Terror

Newly Enlightened
Very nice lights! He should come out with a Stanley Cup editon. I bet the Hockey fans would love it. :laughing:

Barbarian

Enlightened
Very nice lights! He should come out with a Stanley Cup editon. I bet the Hockey fans would love it. :laughing:
Funny you mention that. The aluminum lights look a little bit like mini Stanley Cups. That was the first thing a guy I work with said when he first saw the light.

fyrstormer

Banned
Thanks Dan! Ain't they beautiful? :naughty: Glad to know I have an ally in the proverbial "no-clip" club. :thumbsup: We're a rare breed, I've discovered. :D

I took a clue from you and snapped these shots today, before the wife and kids came home. No reason to advertise my extreme geekness - had to take the mandatory backyard shots to capture the immense beauty of these lights. Just hope the neighbors didn't notice (I can hear 'em now: "You're what? Taking pictures of flashlights?!?") :shakehead :huh:

Incidentalist: nope, I'm good! :D
I used to be a no-clip kinda guy, until I discovered McGizmo-style clips, and I learned how useful a good clip could be. Now I have a clip to hang my house keys from too, so they don't ball-up in the bottom of my pocket. My thighs haven't been this comfortable in years. :D

fyrstormer

Banned
Wow. American made, one cell, pocket sized, and has the brightness of big monster lights. Just awesome!!

:twothumbs
I dunno about you, but one of the reasons I like my titanium customs so much is because it's nice to know America can still make world-class machinery -- as long as you can pay the price, anyway.

It makes me wonder, what would the average American house look like if we didn't have a steady supply of high-end electronics and appliances made in Asia and sold for low low prices? I wonder if we'd still be washing dishes by hand and beating rugs in the backyard...

I have AOTH in Stingray, elephant, alligator & beavertail. QUALITY.

FWIW the EDC SST-50 is slightly longer than a Ti PD & right about the same diameter - I use a pancake style open type holster for it that was made for a Ti PD - I'll throw a photo of it in here tomorrow.

Yeah, you'd want to use an AOTH holster made for an LS20. Perfect fit.

fyrstormer

Banned
I have, yes, but I don't generally wear belts, or carry anything else that I would need a holster for, and I get enough crap at work already for all the tools I carry in my pockets -- I suspect a holster for a flashlight would be all the more amusing to the un-illuminated.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny - at my age I've become somewhat peculiar anyway...:eek:

I used to carry in my left pocket - knife, Chapstick in the winter, nothing else. Right pocket - keys and change.

NOW - left pocket - flashlight and Chapstick in the winter - right pocket, everything else. The light just HAS to be light enough to carry without dragging down my pants (suit at work..:(). I just can't carry one on my belt - I would have to deal with too many questions and perhaps even a bit of ridicule :crazy:

When I walk my dogs, the light is typically in my hand all the time, and if there is a lanyard hole, with a lanyard. That's about all I ever use a clip for - to attach a lanyard. But I just don't like the feel of a clip in my hand - McGizmo's are the least objectionable, but I'd prefer not to have them at all - for 'dress' I carry either a NG sleeved Arc 6 or a Ti BitZ with the clip removed.

So the smooth lines of the EDC SST-50 really appeal to me, although the brass version I was lucky enough to snap up on the BST is too heavy. So an aluminum EDC SST-50 sans clip might just be the perfect EDC for me.

Sorry that this great "photo shoot" thread has been relegated to a discussion about clips, holsters and lanyards. :green: Here's my thinking: I, too, wear a suit for my livelihood, and there's no way in hell I'm going to wear any sort of holster in that environment. But in off hours and especially at geek fests like the SHOT Show, I'm holstered up (though wearing a shirt over the entire ensemble).

I usually carry ONE light per day (lately the options are either a clipless Ti SST-50 or a clipless McGizmo Lunasol 20). Always in its OWN pocket (nothing else in the pocket with it).

I don't like the way a clip feels when I use a light. Clips always seem to be blocking the true feel of the light. Mac's EDC SST-50 is as perfect of a fit for the hand as any light that's ever been made. The pointer and middle fingers land nicely in the grooved body, the ring and little finger rest comfortably on the head, and the thumb is poised perfectly over the tail. The clip just messes up all of that perfect set-up. :grin2: