Maglite Mini-AA Incan to LED Mod Rehash

devryd

Newly Enlightened
I am not using a dummy cell I added a copper pipe to the tailcap and soldered the spring to it.
I cleaned my connections so i guess something is a little wrong with my driver. I will keep using it that way though, but can't keep it on for a long time, because it gets hot after a few minutes.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found 3mm 90CRI emitters and stuffed my Mini's with them. Simple mod cause reflector opening is perfect fit for these emitters.
5b7351b646edbc8157a85efcffbdb572.jpg

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey id30209, are those 3mm LEDs yuji's and do you think they would fit into a solitaire? Also, it looks like the Led in the 2aaa has a color temp that is a little warmer than neutral but still not as warm as the LED in the 2aa.
If you don't mind I would like to know more. I considered a 5mm mod before I saw your post. Looks like I could get a good color temp, better battery life and a bit more lumens out of a mini mag without doing anything to it except putting in the Led and I still have the incan option.

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey id30209, are those 3mm LEDs yuji's and do you think they would fit into a solitaire? Also, it looks like the Led in the 2aaa has a color temp that is a little warmer than neutral but still not as warm as the LED in the 2aa.
If you don't mind I would like to know more. I considered a 5mm mod before I saw your post. Looks like I could get a good color temp, better battery life and a bit more lumens out of a mini mag without doing anything to it except putting in the Led and I still have the incan option.

PM coming