Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Yes, I'd buy several.

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • No, I happy with the round heads.

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's good that over 60% of those that have voted would buy one or more anti-roll heads.

Unfortunately the lack of interest in the actual numbers won't make such an option viable.

I thought that Malkoff had a stronger following on CPF so I was disappointed that there were less than I expected that voted..

Thanks to those that have bothered to take part in the poll.

markr6

Flashaholic
That's too bad. "If you're not growing, you're dying". Not saying Malkoff is going anywhere, but a rather inexpensive option like this would be another tool in the bag. Wouldn't hurt to try IMO. It could be that one little thing making a light 300% more attractive to someone on the fence.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I don't put mine down long enough for it to roll anywhere😂 But in all honesty I was one of the first members to buy his md2 when they came out way back when. I sold it shortly after I got it for all the wrong reasons but just got another one and now remember why I bought one in the first place. Just excellent all around. The round head to me is great and love it. My choice would be to leave it alone and get his new tail cap.

blueridgeman

Newly Enlightened
No need for an anti-roll bezel any longer, at least since last autumn. The tri-cap does a fine job of keeping it in place.

I have a tri-cap on my MD2 and it stays in place on it's side well when laid on a flat surface. For my two MDCs the clips work fine.

blueridgeman

Newly Enlightened
I wish the MDC was available with a high/low switch head like the larger ones. I like the simplicity and would be prefect with the 2 AA.

KBobAries

Enlightened
I wonder what resulted from the conversation between the OP and Gene about this. I'm curious to know if a minimum number of confirmed orders was mentioned.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what resulted from the conversation between the OP and Gene about this. I'm curious to know if a minimum number of confirmed orders was mentioned.

Gene didn't quote minimum numbers but with only about 40 response, at that time, he said there wasn't enough interest. He was happy for me to start the thread to gauge interest though.

Instead of an anti roll head, Gene made an anti roll tailcap. ;)

The anti-roll tail cap doesn't necessarily fit in with duty belt carry though.

Just to be clear I never envisioned the anti roll head replacing the current heads, I was hoping just for them to be another option for us.

To solve this "problem" I put a surefire combat ring on my Malkoff flashlights.
Thus, in addition to preventing the lantern from rolling, the combat ring also improves ergonomics and safety.

markr6

Flashaholic
I was hoping just for them to be another option for us.

I like options. Last night my wife was using my MD2, then she set it on the kitchen counter. From a distance, I watched it roll in slow motion and hit the floor just as I was about to stop it.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count your blessings that Mrs Mark actually left the light where you could fimd it.
I seem to spend most of my days tracking down where Mrs Yeti left the last one.
P

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My only concern of a Malkoff rolling off an object is if it lands on my toe.... the light is a lot tougher than my toes that's for certain....

or perhaps bezel down on my wooden floor leaving a divet in the wood. That would leave me having to explain to Mrs. Fixer how the floor got hurt.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
My 3 year old got it once and was hammering the concrete basement wall. I said "NO!! You'll chip the paint...on the wall"

Latest posts