Malkoff wish list.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Xpl hi 5700k in hound dog and xpl 5700k in all the m61 variants.

16kHz pwm frequency for anything with electronic low modes.

4.2v support for 3v heads.

Z41 style tail caps that have anodized threads for lock out, oveready use to sell them but not anymore unfortunately and they look awesome on md bodies.

Malkoff style e series 1/2 cell body that can accept the tri e series tail cap.

Bring back the lanyards.

Last edited:

bignc

Enlightened
Or an adjustable hi/lo ring

For ME adjustable does not equal ultimate reliability. I know they aren't mutually exclusive but I want to make adjustments to gear BEFORE I field the equipment. Malkoff stuff is for when you MUST have exactly what you want and you MUST know what you will get. To ME, adding variability is a non-starter. I JUST started being ok with Edc a hi lo. lol

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If there were an adjustable pot on the ring you WOULD be able to make any adjustments you need/want before you set out.

bignc

Enlightened
If there were an adjustable pot on the ring you WOULD be able to make any adjustments you need/want before you set out.

I didn't explain clearly enough....Probably because my thoughts aren't perfectly clear on the matter. I'm thinking that I don't want to introduce additional complexity to potentially life saving equipment. My main emergency lights are single mode...I only have 2 hi/lo ring lights from Malkoff. So it may be fun to have the option in one piece on a toy light. But for me, the hi lo ring is already pushing it as it is - with MORE variables it's a no go for MY use of Malkoff lighting.

A caveat inducing question because I don't know EE, if the resistor (either the current ones or the "wishlist adjustable one") fell out or malfunctioned, would you have the hi or the lo? If the answer is definite and not either/or, I could plan around it....

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Could simply keep a "plain" retaining ring with your emergency gear :shrug:

That's what I do anyhow.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right, you'd be stuck on high mode. With the resistor or plunger switch hypothetically broken, the brass ring would function exactly like the plain aluminium retaining ring. Never seen this happen to a Malkoff, but I've read about something similar with an Elzetta, which uses the same tech.

bignc

Enlightened
PLEASE- don't misunderstand my reservation as a vote against. :). I like choices! And thanks for the answers- that helps some. Still would prefer an assortment but maybe I could be on board with adjustable. I'll leave it to the experts either way!

Oh yeah, and a hi/lo edc sized AAA Malkoff.

Last edited:

QMT93

Enlightened
21700 version of the MD2, and MD4. Also, higher lux on a 1x21700 M61HOT with 750 lumens.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I would like a 2D Maglite drop in with a long runtime low mode that comes on with the first press of the switch and then a medium and high. So, basically a Malkoff M361 for a Maglite. I would also like an MD2 drop in with only 2 modes that work with the clicky, much like the Surefire G2X Pro. That is mainly because at work I need one handed operation. I would also like it to have a little more throw than the M61, but more flood than the M61T.

bigfoot

Enlightened
Coming back around to suggest a Hound Dog 18650 with a 219B high CRI emitter. Thinking this would be a grail light, and I'd probably be able to get rid of the rest (Psssh... who am I kidding?! LOL).

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'd love a high CRI Hound Dog, I don't think the Nichia 219 would produce enough output to satisfy the Hound Dog crowd. Eventually, there will be another option...