Malkoff wish list.

johnv

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see a AAA keychain flashlight. That would be awesome!

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I was waiting for the M361N also. I bought the MD2 body from the Malkoff site with coupon and Illumn had free shipping (not sure if that still is) and got the [h=1]Malkoff Devices M361 219B V3. I am very happy with it. [/h]

RSLSCKBEKLSHKL

Newly Enlightened
Not that I'm saying I'm wanting one really bad but I'd damn sure buy it...why doesn't Gene make a WML in the vein of a SF X300 or Streamlight TLR? Like a pistol light I mean.

I wouldn't mind seeing a hi low md2 with a tail switch only for variety. One click High, two for low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BattleBrat

Newly Enlightened
Not that I'm saying I'm wanting one really bad but I'd damn sure buy it...why doesn't Gene make a WML in the vein of a SF X300 or Streamlight TLR? Like a pistol light I mean.

I wouldn't mind seeing a hi low md2 with a tail switch only for variety. One click High, two for low.

I think there are drop ins that can do that.

My wish is for an MDC HA AA with a 10/50/100 Lumen mode spacing, it would be much more
useful at work!

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
90 deg head, with a McClickey. Revised 18650 body with removable tail cap. get rid of the adaptor, It's the weak link.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
A red light. Either a small AA/AAA with a deep red led or a m61ll with one. Even a red colored lens for the MD2/3/4 series would be good.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
22.3 crenulated head.

Unshrouded standard tailcaps like the z41

Diffused lenses for the mdx heads

18350 mdx body

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've said this many times before, but I still want a low voltage, 1x18650 version of the Wildcat. Bonus points for 5000K. A congressional gold medal for 5000K and 90+ CRI.

It doesn't seem too pie in the sky, right? After all, we have a Hound Dog 18650.
Gene explained to me why this isn't possible a while back and i tried to relay the message. It has something to do with the way the driver works for this particular module. It can be adjusted but you can't have everything you want in this case.
Your next best bet was the m91bn 5000k from the group buy
M361 that is designed to work perfectly with hi/lo ring for six reliable levels...(some apparently work fine...others do not. Mine does not).
Unfortunately this will never be either. The m361 wasn't designed to end up with 6 modes, it was a freak accident that it's possible on some modules.it has something to do with the forward voltage of the emitters from what Gene has told me.

The m361 always worked for me. My original m361 219b v2 used to work, now it works when it wants to. My 2nd 219b v2 works all the time but tint is slightly different and the output is slightly higher in the low modes. My original would be perfect if it worked. I have heard219b v3 doesn't work but i don't own any yet.
Said it before but hi/lo ring "pack" with different resistors. Or single rings with different resistors. Just thinking of ways to expand options with maybe less work...
I have an easy solution.... Make special clips for the ring to allow resistor swaps, otherwise you will have to make several up or become friends with the soldering iron
Or an adjustable hi/lo ring😁
This would be ideal, kind of like a rotary

I'd love to see h/l for mdc/vme as well as li-ion mdc 123

Being this is your thread and hopes Gene will see it, may i suggest you place the ideas in a list within your op, for easy access to Gene's eyes?

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
When I recently spoke to Gene on the New WC he said the 18650 version would be done soon! Now I'm not sure exactly what that means. If he meant 2X18650 or what. But sure sounds like he's making more then one version of it.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to see a wc 18650. I mentioned to him that it would be a hot seller for our community.

I'm starting to feel like he's messing with us(me). Time will tell. There would be a lot of happy campers if he makes an 18650 version.

A version like the m91bn group buy would be welcome as well, love all the options we have with those. Very versatile modules

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The 91's are extremely versatile. 3-12 volts and good output and runtimes along the whole voltage range.