Michael Jackson has died

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Growing up on a US Army base in Japan during the '80's had its share of MJ being everywhere. He was all the rage with the kids on base, and much of Japan adored him. Watching "Moonwalker" (the movie, not the video), hearing "Bad" and all his other songs brings back lots of great memories.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
One word... Money.

Some sleazy reporter probably knew someone working in the coroner's office, approached him, threw a $#^%load of greenbacks at him, and oops; copy of the report left lying out where "anyone" might pick it up. :ironic:

The way that report reads, being so starkly different from the first one and almost lurid in it's description, makes me question it's authenticity. A lot.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Damn! I wasn't selected. Just got the bad news this morning.

mj.jpg

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess you will have to get your brightest light and wave it back and forth outside the stadium!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I guess you will have to get your brightest light and wave it back and forth outside the stadium!

The funny part is... That would seriously not be a problem for the vast majority of us.

All of a sudden, there's a beam of light coming down from Heaven. All of Jackson's fans think it's a sign from above.

Meanwhile the rest of us realize it's coming in at an extreme angle. Oh that's just LL paying his respects. :D

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, the memorial was really nice....i think the Magic Johnson and Usher moved me the most.

Crenshaw

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel for his family and fans, I hope they got some closure from it all. But honestly believe the whole thing was a bit much, rather like the OJ trial coverage which drove me nuts for months. Personally I am glad it is all over, hopefully. I know it sounds terrible, but to those who were not big fans of his work, and who had doubts as to his character in certain, unnamed areas, having to see it every time one turned on the tv and flicked the channels was a bit too much. I dont spend a ton of time watching tv, but to see it every time was getting old.

RIP Micheal Jackson.

Greta

Flashaholic
I feel for his family and fans, I hope they got some closure from it all. But honestly believe the whole thing was a bit much, rather like the OJ trial coverage which drove me nuts for months. Personally I am glad it is all over, hopefully. I know it sounds terrible, but to those who were not big fans of his work, and who had doubts as to his character in certain, unnamed areas, having to see it every time one turned on the tv and flicked the channels was a bit too much. I dont spend a ton of time watching tv, but to see it every time was getting old.

RIP Micheal Jackson.
My sentiments exactly! :twothumbs

saabgoblin

Enlightened

RIP Micheal Jackson.

My sentiments exactly! :twothumbs
Sorry to say but it ain't over yet, just this morning my local station played his crying daughter at least twice and with the ensuing financial and custody battles, this sideshow won't be over anytime soon.:tired:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sorry to say but it ain't over yet, just this morning my local station played his crying daughter at least twice and with the ensuing financial and custody battles, this sideshow won't be over anytime soon.:tired:

Ah ratings... Do whatever you can to get them. When he was alive, it meant de-basing his character to the most extreme degree. Now that he's dead, it means building up his character to the other extreme degree. And now it means exploiting one of his children.

All to get ratings. :ironic:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
It's far from over. There is the children custody, "Rev" Al Sharpton is demanding the U.S. Post Office issue a memorial MJ stamp, despite their typical 5 year delay after a noteworthy person's death, the whole cause of death, going after the medical providers, sorting out assets/liabilities & ownership, and reportedly he has > 100 songs he never released, and intended to benefit his children.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's far from over. There is the children custody, "Rev" Al Sharpton is demanding the U.S. Post Office issue a memorial MJ stamp, despite their typical 5 year delay after a noteworthy person's death, the whole cause of death, going after the medical providers, sorting out assets/liabilities & ownership, and reportedly he has > 100 songs he never released, and intended to benefit his children.

Yeah, but hopefully all of that stuff will be more background noise, the occasional news story, and not the in your face constantly everyday event. One can but hope...

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
while i am an MJ fan, but i personally am also getting abit tired of the over milking of the story by the media. I appreciate that they aired the memorial for people like me who couldnt be there.....seeing every other advert about supposed drug use, interviews with people who work at neverland, his doctor, people who are "experts" etc etc.....i really dont care anymore, the fact is he Died BEFORE he should have, regardless of how, and we should jsut honor his memory, and not sully it with all this pointless speculation.

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Well, the good "Rev" has to angerly demand something. Now that America has a Black President, his cries of nation-wide racism are falling on more than a few deaf ears.

As far as the songs go, it's not a bunch of never-released songs. It's that MJ gave the rights to a ton of his songs to his children. That's better than leaving them a crate full of gold bars!

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Everybody, watch out, here come the attention whores vying at their chance for their 15 minutes of fame and fortune. Actually it would be entertaining if there weren't other more important issues like our two current wars, the economy...ect...ect...

What passes for news today would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I wonder if one could pinpoint just when the media in America died? Probably best to be taken to the U-Ground for any further elaboration.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I wonder if one could pinpoint just when the media in America died?
In the mid 80's shortly after Walter Cronkite retired. Back then the media valued their role, and acted responsibly with their Constitutional Freedom of the Press.

Also as the internet has grown, people are dropping tv & printed news sources, forcing them to show increasingly perverted dancing pink ponies for ratings.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
In the mid 80's shortly after Walter Cronkite retired. Back then the media valued their role, and acted responsibly with their Constitutional Freedom of the Press.

Also as the internet has grown, people are dropping tv & printed news sources, forcing them to show increasingly perverted dancing pink ponies for ratings.
Funny that you should mention good old Walter, I remember not too long ago, he was practically silenced and never heard from again after weighing in on a certain topic with some criticism.

We could use a good dose of investigative journalism once again but sadly the flash and fluff news would more than likely be the bread winner. Good points Lux, especially on the pink ponies!

So as not to hijack the thread, Michael Jackson is still dead.

nickanto

Newly Enlightened
What???? Michael Jackson died????? When the heck did this happen????