Michael Jackson has died

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Back in my nightclub days, whenever they played MJ's music it would always pack the dance floor. That high energy music with the driving beat and rock/blusey undertones just touched so many people in a way that was truly unique.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the sources I have read have said that the doctor is cooperating, so I don't think there is any sort of "manhunt" going on. That said, I imagine he will probably face charges of some kind eventually considering what we know so far.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me personally, I'm 22, when I saw Thriller, it scared the .... out of me and the allegations about young boys didn't really help his case for me. So as I got older, he became the punchline for at least 50% of my jokes. I won't deny his musical talent and dance skills though.

In one of the articles covering this story, they showed the "stages" of Jackson, quite the metamorphosis indeed, but you know I wonder (and I'm not asking this to be disrespectful or anything) if a young Michael was shown a picture of old Michael, how he'd react? I admit I think strangely.

Empath

Flashaholic
LightInTheWallet, your post has been removed. Yours and any others wishing to butt heads with a jury's decision of the past, can do so somewhere other than a RIP tribute type thread.

There are existing threads from the past that were used for such commentary. Search one of them out, and add such comments to them if you must.

Just as an observation, at this time there are many people hurting over an unexpected loss that has taken them by surprise. Kicking them in the teeth is not sport.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
LightInTheWallet, your post has been removed. Yours and any others wishing to butt heads with a jury's decision of the past, can do so somewhere other than a RIP tribute type thread.

There are existing threads from the past that were used for such commentary. Search one of them out, and add such comments to them if you must.

Just as an observation, at this time there are many people hurting over an unexpected loss that has taken them by surprise. Kicking them in the teeth is not sport.

Is there anything in my last post that might be offensive that you'd like me to edit?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I hope the family does get closure. They have been through a lot over the years, and losing a family member is devastating and should be respected.

I was glad to read that his private cardiologist who continued doing CPF en route and in the hospital did not disappear, and after fully cooperating with LA detectives is no longer considered a suspect. It will help everyone a lot just to know exactly what caused his death. Even the family has asked for their own second autopsy. Greta especially knows how important it is to wait until all the facts are in.

The former nanny recently gave more information in the Sunday London Times.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Well said, Lux.

The statement about his physician not being a suspect came from the physician's own spokesperson. I'm waiting to hear that from the authorities before I put a lot of stock in that statement.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't say I have ever been a particular fan. I wasn't even aware of a comeback tour until the coverage of his death. His music, while mostly better crafted than that of similar style, generally didn't move me. I can't say I am shocked even though he is only 10 yrs older than me. He lived a physically hard life. Some of that was the nature of his profession, some of that was choices he made for other reasons, and some just bad luck. Even if his music had moved me, he hadn't really done anything in over a decade. His art and contributions, IMO, were mostly a matter of his youth before the rest of his life took over.

That's why the end stands out more to me. In what I have heard about his last few months I have more respect for him than I ever did before. Despite being 50 and not having maintained the conditioning necessary to be a dancer he was working his butt off. He was pushing himself hard to get himself and the show ready. I don't have to like his music or his other life choices to respect that dedication to his craft. Out of shape from years of distraction and probably suffering from painkiller addiction, he could have cut corners everywhere and still had fans lining up. He didn't and it may well have been the last straw.

Dedication, sacrifice, and hard work for something that mattered to him and brought joy to many - that's a pretty good last note to end the song.

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Dedication, sacrifice, and hard work for something that mattered to him and brought joy to many - that's a pretty good last note to end the song.

Well stated as is the rest of your post. :thumbsup:

I am also glad to hear that there may be a chance to see what it was he was working on, as his comeback. I suspect myself like many, would be curious to see some of this whereas had he lived and gone on to London to do his shows, I doubt I would have known about it at all.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
What an excellent conversation ladies and gentlemen. Here's what I wrote down a few days ago. It's a little embarrassing but I kinda don't care about stuff like that as much as I used too.

Back in the day most of my friends and I would gravitate to rock clubs and concerts, blues oh, yes, jazz too. Some of us would sit in with the real musicians. I can still wail about any genre on the harp 30 years later. Glittery, thumping music was viewed by us much like the RCA Victor dog, Nipper, looking into an old Victrola.

We discovered dance clubs and discos and they were so much more fun than most other clubs. It could have been the beat, the light show, maybe it was the dancing, probably the pretty girls had something to do with it...It was just fun.

For a guy with questionable rhythm and mobile fluidity, Michael Jackson's tunes were a gift. One arm on the bar holding a drink, Billy Jean comes on, lower eye lids, let that bass riff in, get a little side to side, get a little wiggle, set that drink down, you choo choo onto the floor moving without effort, you're owning a low key smile and nobody cares what it looks like 'cause it's all good. Then before the phrase was a phrase you bust-a-move...Hot Dayum, that was fun.

MJ was not in my top ten favorite musicians but I'm going to choose to remember him for his music and his show and how many times he taught this white boy how to dance. C'mon ya'll. Moonwalk with me one time.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was glad to read that his private cardiologist who continued doing CPF en route and in the hospital did not disappear, and after fully cooperating with LA detectives is no longer considered a suspect.

I hope you mean CPR, although it'd be awesome knowing his cardiologist is a flashaholic:p

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope you mean CPR, although it'd be awesome knowing his cardiologist is a flashaholic:p

lol. When I read that he was doing CPF en route to the hospital, I first pictured him in the ambulance, logged on to CPF on his laptop. I then figured, "naw, that can't be right, CPF must be some kind of CPR", but I couldn't figure out what the "F" meant.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
lol. When I read that he was doing CPF en route to the hospital, I first pictured him in the ambulance, logged on to CPF on his laptop. I then figured, "naw, that can't be right, CPF must be some kind of CPR", but I couldn't figure out what the "F" meant.

A miss-type, if I was to guess, on Lux's part.

Bill