Missing Florida CPF members?

Turt

Enlightened
I noticed litfuse hasn't come back on after Charley. Anyone know of any other Florida CPF members we should keep an eye open for that hasn't come back on since Charley?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Power is back in florida now to probably 95% of the people that were out, but internet access and telephone service continues to be a major problem. Those with cable modems are lucky to even have the cable company answer the phone and even if they do there is no information that they can give you. They don't even have a standard "8 to 10 days" like the electric company kept telling everyone. They just "dont know, sorry I can't help you, no there is no supervisor you can talk to."

And at least in parts of central florida the phone exchange is screwed up in a way that keeps you from getting a modem connection either even though you can make telephone calls. I've been trying to get a friend of mine back online and though we're tried 3 different dialup companies, and he can make a very slow and expensive long distance modem connection, he can make no connection to the local ISP numbers.

So even if everybody is fine, it is likely to be a while before they can login and tell us about it.