Money lost on flashlights

Paladin

Enlightened
Never ever pay retail, and when it's time to sell you pretty much break even. I've seen used lights in the MP selling for more than I paid for new examples of the same models.

Paladin

dwain

Newly Enlightened
I have never lost any money on flashlights. I only have 4 maglights, and a few Walmart specials. They are all being used. This may change though, as I just found this site. Still it will not be lost money, as with any thing else, you just get what you pay for.

Cell34

Newly Enlightened
I thought this was going to be a thread on money you have lost due to you physically losing your flashlight. I'm not sure about losing money due to depreciation but I know I have lost at least 400 dollars over 3 years just from losing so many of them out in the field. Just lost my Thrunite Catapult V2 this last week which made me sad. Oh wells. So on the bright side, at least you still physically have your lights.

Chad

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
My lights are tools, not a collection. I buy the best tool available for the job when I need it, and I'm happy. I have not bought a light just to have, all have had a use. I do not feel that I've "lost" any money on my other tools just because a new super-dee-duper ratchet comes out the next month, nor do I with flashlights.

Guns and diesel truck upgrades, well.......... :) I have zero regrets.

Last edited:

catherine

Banned
i just have one TEI G20 , but i want to buy more different brand. i love flashlight, so i don't think it is lost money . i would like to cost. :sssh:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
When every I buy just about anything ( flashlight, car, motorcycle, TV, holiday...), I value it in terms of "enjoyment units" vs price.
Will I get X units enjoyment from my $?
I also assume it will be worth NOTHING at the end ( be it a day or 10 years).
Same goes for flashlights. It may "cost" a bit, but if after X units, I give it away, lose it, or it breaks, I am satisfied. If I am lucky enough to sell it, I translate the extra cost ( I usually sell & buy) to get the new one into more enjoyment units. ie will I get 200x more units by upgrading to get 100 more lumens.
It works for me.
So I have never "Lost" any $ on flashlights.

Latest posts