• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired More new services added!!! Interested in Mods?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
desmondpun said:
Hi Milky,

PM sent regards to the M420-KT4.

Thanks in advance.

Pun, got your PM and will reply later today.

For all: been working hard on some outstanding PMs the past couple days and am down to a handful! Man, what a relief.

Now that all is caught up, feel free to order some stuff! PM with interest! :laughing:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
And don't hesitate to ask for stuff that he hasn't posted about. Why, i'll bet he could come up with a FLuPIC module for a Tektite Excursion LS4 if someone wanted...

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
easilyled said:
Any possibility of retro-fitting existing luxeon PDs or Aleph 1's with CreeXRE's
and reflectors to match?

Absolutely! I need to secure a supply of Cree XR-E's... although anyone who's got 'em could always send extras along to pay for their mod. (Hint, hint.) ;)

But to answer your question, yes, I see no reason those lights couldn't be retrofitted to work with the Cree XR-E.
:thumbsup:

BTW, I've got SEVEN KL2 heads brand new in box, just waiting to have something built in them! PM me with what you might like. Rapid ship is in effect, folks... place the order and pay today or tomorrow, I ship your light Saturday morning and believe it or not, you'll probably get it on Monday! Instant gratification! :naughty:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted a photo collage of various things I've modded or built over on Flashlight-Forums as those folks didn't really know what I could do, and I didn't know where to begin! At any rate, just wanted to mention it if anyone wants to take a look... it's over here... not sure if you need to register to see the photos or not.
:thinking:

img-m180-kl2-tbase-sw02-happy-tidings.jpg

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milkyspit Mods and Services... The Impossible Only Takes Longer!

Forgot to ask... does it make sense to post the photo collage over here as well? I'm hosting the photos so it wouldn't be a bandwidth drag on CPF... but for the folks viewing, it's a LOT of photos! That could be both good and bad I guess.

Thoughts anyone? :popcorn:

BTW, anyone want a build? ;)

easilyled

Flashaholic
milkyspit said:
Absolutely! I need to secure a supply of Cree XR-E's... although anyone who's got 'em could always send extras along to pay for their mod. (Hint, hint.) ;)

But to answer your question, yes, I see no reason those lights couldn't be retrofitted to work with the Cree XR-E.
:thumbsup:

BTW, I've got SEVEN KL2 heads brand new in box, just waiting to have something built in them! PM me with what you might like. Rapid ship is in effect, folks... place the order and pay today or tomorrow, I ship your light Saturday morning and believe it or not, you'll probably get it on Monday! Instant gratification! :naughty:

Great news! I have a Ti mclux and 2 Aleph-1 lights that I would really like to do this with.

I've put my name down for 3 of the 93-100 lumen/350ma Cree XR-E emitters in the Group Buy. Maybe I should get more. :rock:

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for responding, Sorry for bugging you and I understand! Kids are more important then lights, but just a little :grin2:
-bobby

tsl

Enlightened
I got my A2 with a "THC3 LEDectomy" back from Scott (Milky) on Wednesday. I sent it on Thursday ... arrived Saturday at Scott's ... shipped Monday ... arrived Wednesday. Now, that's what I call one heck of a turnaround time! And if you've never dealt with Scott, he is superb in his communication, a true professional, and he's completely upfront and honest about what he can and can't do as well as what to expect.

So, I wanted to replace the stock LEDs in the A2 with something less purple. GreenLEDs A2 review thread (https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/119758) turned me on to the option of using THC3 LEDs. A quick PM to bwaites confirmed the usefulness of the mod. In a PM to Scott, I had thought that the actual tint of the THC3 LEDs would be the same as the incan beam, but Scott said that the tint would be more of a beige-white and that the transition from LED to incan would be more natural than with the stock LEDs. All good, so off the A2 went.

I don't have a stock A2 to compare my modded A2 to, but I can make some comments. The beam tint is pretty identical to that in greenLED's review ... a somewhat cool white at the center with a straw yellow tint around it. The beam is a nice, even flood with no real discernable hotspot. For walking, I found that it illuminated a path 6-10 feet in front of me (some ambient light from moon as well as urban environment). It really has no throw, but I never expected it to! I compared it against the low beam of a L2, and the THC3 LEDs generated a larger flood and had more light in the "spillbeam" compared to the L2. The L2's hotspot does allow you to illuminate the path further away than what you could do with the THC3 LEDs, but we're talking 15 lumens for the L2 compared to the 5 lumens or so for the THC3 LEDs.

All in all, great mod, and IMO, it's taken an already excellent light and made it even better. Thanks Scott!!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

phypaa

Newly Enlightened
Milky, I have just pm you asking about Milky L1, I know I have to wait...but I just can't held in sending you the message again. Your mod L1 is just so attractive:goodjob:

Ralls

Newly Enlightened
It's been a while since I posted on the forums, but I just wanted to give an update on my Milky L1 that I've had for a few months now. It is hands down the most fantastic light that I have ever owned. I've gotten a handful of compliments on it, the best one coming from a fellow flashaholic saying that out of all the lights that I had owned to date, the Milky L1 was far and away the best and that he was the most jealous of. He loved the beam pattern and especially the wide spill. I've used it a moderate amount in the few months that I've owned it and I've only gone through a few cells, so the battery life is indeed excellent. BTW, I was heavily considering the A2 Aviator, whom a friend owns, and I'm glad that I went with the ML1. Kudos to Milkyspit for making such an excellent light!

milkyspit said:
Oh no my friend, it's what I guess you'd call an L0! Following the credo "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" I had perforated the side of an L1 body while drilling it out wider... so a little bandsaw work followed by some Dremeling and judicious use of JBWeld epoxy resulted in a 1x123 body in the L1 format! Same tailswitch, same head end, fits any E-series head in fact... but the capsule is gone and 1x123 (including rechargeable) slides right in. :naughty:

I had a vague feeling that's what it was, but was too afraid to take a guess. I guess the runtimes would then be affected only by your choice of E-series head?

Jaybee64

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Sent a couple of emails but don't know if they got thru'.

I'm a total newbie on modding and have no skill whatsoever so apologies if the following is really dim.

I'd like a tailcap for my KL4/E1E - strobe/high/low - is this possible? - Would you need the KL4 to complete the mod?

I'd welcome comments

Jem

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jaybee64 said:
Hello,

Sent a couple of emails but don't know if they got thru'.

I'm a total newbie on modding and have no skill whatsoever so apologies if the following is really dim.

I'd like a tailcap for my KL4/E1E - strobe/high/low - is this possible? - Would you need the KL4 to complete the mod?

I'd welcome comments

Jem

Jem, I want to say I didn't get the emails, but then again your name and that KL4/E1E sound familiar, so maybe I just screwed-up and lost your message? Sorry about that!
:ohgeez:

As to your question: the high and low beams are most definitely possible, though the strobe isn't something we could do with a simple tailcap mod... that's getting more into replacing the circuit board in the head of the light. If you wanna go for the high/low tailcap I could do the mod without having the KL4, but ideally I'd like to have it so I could test the finished product with the actual configuration you're going to use... that's the best way to make sure the low beam is set to the correct brightness and working properly.

PM me, please, if I can help! Sorry about the email snafu.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ralls said:
It's been a while since I posted on the forums, but I just wanted to give an update on my Milky L1 that I've had for a few months now. It is hands down the most fantastic light that I have ever owned. I've gotten a handful of compliments on it, the best one coming from a fellow flashaholic saying that out of all the lights that I had owned to date, the Milky L1 was far and away the best and that he was the most jealous of. He loved the beam pattern and especially the wide spill. I've used it a moderate amount in the few months that I've owned it and I've only gone through a few cells, so the battery life is indeed excellent. BTW, I was heavily considering the A2 Aviator, whom a friend owns, and I'm glad that I went with the ML1. Kudos to Milkyspit for making such an excellent light!

Ralls, thanks for the feedback! It's good to hear how these lights are doing out in the field. I took the liberty of copying a quote of your feedback into the Milky L1 Info Thread... hope you don't mind! Thought it might be of some use to folks looking for ML1 information over there.

Ralls said:
I had a vague feeling that's what it was, but was too afraid to take a guess. I guess the runtimes would then be affected only by your choice of E-series head?

You're right, runtimes would depend on the specific head mounted on the body.

Any aluminum welders out there? The two halves of the L0 body have come apart... apparently I'm not very skilled at using JB Weld... :ohgeez: