• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired More new services added!!! Interested in Mods?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky,

I still need to send off that part to you for modding. Argh. I'll try to get it out on Monday.

Did you make that adapter collar that I see on that KL2/C2/SW01 combo? SWEET!!!! Oh no, I really, really need one. That and the KL2 -180 combo. Super sigh. How do I get that purchase past my wife??? I am such a junky now.

I have to be strong. I have to be strong.

Thanks again for the Chrononster. It is just about the ideal trail flashlight. I love it.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chronos said:
Milky,

I still need to send off that part to you for modding. Argh. I'll try to get it out on Monday.

Did you make that adapter collar that I see on that KL2/C2/SW01 combo? SWEET!!!! Oh no, I really, really need one. That and the KL2 -180 combo. Super sigh. How do I get that purchase past my wife??? I am such a junky now.

I have to be strong. I have to be strong.

Thanks again for the Chrononster. It is just about the ideal trail flashlight. I love it.

Will watch for the part in the mail!

I didn't make the C2M adapters but the idea was mine, I put in the request for them to be made. The production ones aren't quite ready yet but are close... maybe 2-3 weeks? Pricing to be determined. The one in the photo is a prototype... the production ones will be hard anodized for better protection. I'll save one for you!

Hmm... did you already get yourself an M180-KL2, or do we still need to hook you up with one of those? PM me and we can hash out something along the lines of the light shown in the photo, if that's the kind of thing you might want.
:thumbsup:

Glad the Chrononster is working well for you! I could see where it would be a great trail light. :eek:

Jack4369 said:
Milky:

The adapter looks very good !

PM send for some question.

Jack

Jack, PM replied! :)

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the first pic Milky posted is the prototype of the MC2 that Tektite will be releasing. He already let that cat out of the bag. I'm guessing there's a subte difference with the LEDs compared to "yours"?

I can see that adapter causing money to fall out of people's wallets. You should be ashamed...

Is that a Milky L1 in the pic with the CD case, or a regular one?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Archangel said:
Well, the first pic Milky posted is the prototype of the MC2 that Tektite will be releasing. He already let that cat out of the bag. I'm guessing there's a subte difference with the LEDs compared to "yours"?

I can see that adapter causing money to fall out of people's wallets. You should be ashamed...

Is that a Milky L1 in the pic with the CD case, or a regular one?

Archangel, yes, the top photo shows the prototype Tektite MC2... for at least their first batch they'll literally be using exactly the same board as the PVC version of the MC2 that I've traditionally built. However, the lens on the Tektite version might decrease overall output a bit since it's polycarbonate. (Could be modded though!) :naughty:

Adapter isn't QUITE available, but will be within (educated guess) a few weeks or so. I'll have some, as will one of CPF's most respected online retailers. That's all I'm gonna say! :sssh:

Yes, that's a Milky L1 in the "Elegant Universe" pic, but what's the other light in the photo? Hint: look for a clue in the top photo in the same post. :)

Nebula

Enlightened
Scott - Thank you for the exceptional service and amazingly quick turnaround. My decision to go with the ML1 was easy after reading the very long list of positive comments about you and your work. I for one believe that the accolades are well deserved! I look forward to receiving my new toys. Thanks. Kirk

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bullet-proof version of the MC2?
milkyspit said:
Archangel,
Yes, that's a Milky L1 in the "Elegant Universe" pic, but what's the other light in the photo? Hint: look for a clue in the top photo in the same post. :)

alantch

Enlightened
Milky, any idea how long a ML1 with UXOJ will last in constant low-beam mode? How does it compare with a new-gen stock L1, which purportedly lasts 90 hrs on low-beam as advertised?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Milky, you gotta get yourself a lathe bro...how are you fabricating your stuff now? Do you actually have a shop? Need employees'? ;)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Archangel said:
A bullet-proof version of the MC2?
Oh no my friend, it's what I guess you'd call an L0! Following the credo "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" I had perforated the side of an L1 body while drilling it out wider... so a little bandsaw work followed by some Dremeling and judicious use of JBWeld epoxy resulted in a 1x123 body in the L1 format! Same tailswitch, same head end, fits any E-series head in fact... but the capsule is gone and 1x123 (including rechargeable) slides right in. :naughty:

alantch said:
Milky, any idea how long a ML1 with UXOJ will last in constant low-beam mode? How does it compare with a new-gen stock L1, which purportedly lasts 90 hrs on low-beam as advertised?
Here are some quotes from a review Flashdark drafted, and sent to me to proofread for factual inaccuracies (sorry about the delay Flashdark!)...

Runtime (low): Normal operations in all respects until low begins to dim visually...
75 hours.

Runtime (low): Low output visually falls to moon mode at...
96-113 hours.

Runtime (low): Some, low-power, moon-mode output but full-power high beam still visually available on demand until...
169.5 hours.

Runtime (low): Death certificate signed at (light out)...
169.5+ hours. (Test ongoing at time of this writing.)

KDOG3 said:
Hey Milky, you gotta get yourself a lathe bro...how are you fabricating your stuff now? Do you actually have a shop? Need employees'? ;)
I've gotten really good with the Dremel! :)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
One-Of-A-Kind Head Available!

Just put together a very unusual M180 head: it's essentially an M180-M3 but in this case has the flat KL2 bezel in place of the scalloped M3 bezel. This gives a streamlined, flat appearance to the front and makes the head shorter overall... yet it still has the half-inch thick slug of aluminum inside for some truly overkill heatsinking! Features 3x Lux1W SWOH emitters, which provide a rich white color as well as a little better color rendition outdoors than the cooler tints can provide. Quick and crummy photo...

img-m180-m3-kl2-bezel.jpg

Priced just like a standard M180-M3 build at $265, and I'll toss in free shipping... first person gets it! PM me with interest. Thanks! :)

Oh, BTW... 180 lumens continuous for 2-3 hours off 3x123 primaries, a single 18650 cell, 2x17500 cells... and 4-5 hours off 2x18650 cells! ...and yes, this little puppy is quite capable of being turned on for the entire runtime with no heat issues whatsoever, and perfectly flat regulation. :naughty:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just completed an X700-M6 for Tonyd and it turned out... a little interesting. Installed a high-brightness red-orange emitter in the center location, with 6x UWOJ surrounding it, for improved color rendition... and it does seem to work! :naughty:

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi Milkyspit,

Sent you an PM a while back asking where to send my old L1 Head for modify. Haven't heard anything and I am just wondering if you still do this kind of work?

PA

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Per Arne said:
Hi Milkyspit,

Sent you an PM a while back asking where to send my old L1 Head for modify. Haven't heard anything and I am just wondering if you still do this kind of work?

PA

Absolutely I do, yes! :D Sorry I didn't reply... somehow your PM got buried. I'll go look for it and try to reply later today. :ohgeez:

Dizney

Newly Enlightened
Milky,

PM sent in regards to the X700. Hopefully I won't have to take out a second mortgage!!

Thanks!