most "bang for the buck"

Raybo

Enlightened
Re: most \"bang for the buck\"

"Most bang for the buck" posted by cheapo, how ironic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I would have to say a DIY mod, my favorite is a Mag mod using a Lux 3.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree with DDA, the 28 led cheapo puts out a ton of light for low dollars. I have a few and will report back on how the body works when the leds are replaced with 26000 units. Give me a week...should be a blaster...

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast

I give the "el cheapo" 28 led unit a lumen output of about "45". Anyone care to chime in about that.

paulr

Flashaholic

I guess I know what bucks are but I need a clearer definition of "bang" to answer the question. You've gotta understand too that on a flashaholic board, we're not always looking for the same things in lights that others are looking for.

I'd say for most regular non-flashaholics, the two most useful lights per dollar are the common household 2D-powered incandescent flashlight and the $1.00-ish coin cell keychain LED lights available from various places around CPF.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some great bang for the buck:
Dorcy 1AAA 5 bucks
Brinkman maxfire 20 bucks
Surefire G2 35 bucks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif Thor 30 bucks

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would go for the Streamlight Pro Polymer Luxeon for throw or the Advancemart 28 LED for flood. For sheer light output each does it's respective task as well as lights costing much more. I do not currently own either but may get both.
Of course since we are talking about LED's, in two to four months both of these will probably be superceded for both performance and price.

Added Section-
I forgot to mention that the Streamlight Pro Polymer Luxeon has nearly 3 times the throw of the LitePro Spitfire 1.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a subject that would be good to review on a quarterly basis.
It would be interesting to look back over a year and a half or two years of quarterly threads on this subject and see how the lights that are recomended and their coresponding prices change.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

In my opinion, one of the best bang-for-the-buck lights going right now has to be the new Photon Freedom with 2X LED. For $20.00, you get an awesome multi-level light, neck lanyard that is very useful and a magnetic clip that can be used for many things.

sniper

Enlightened

Easy: Mini Mag with MJLED & clickie! Also, the UK 4AA eLED ain't too shabby, either, but the REAL champ, if we are talking CHEAP is the 3 light package from ****'s Sporting Goods-- three for the price of one Mini Mag, extra bulbs, clickie, and 26,000 MCD or MJLED moddable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif