Muyshondt has really disappointed. I will never buy from him again. Am I wrong here?

bigdelicious

Newly Enlightened
Ok. Tell me if I am wrong. I purchased a $325 maus from his website. The flashlight is defective. It doesn't shut off. It constantly runs. I emailed asking for assistance. he took about three days to respond. He said I could send it for a repair. I said I just want to return it. I'm honestly so disappointed in the light. It's like an expensive keychain. This is the response I get:

We do not accept returns on copper products, as per the the terms and conditions you agreed to at purchase. You can review the terms of purchase and our warranty policy here: https://muys.co/wandp

I have a small business and I could never imagine treating a customer this way. I'm just going to dispute the charge to my credit card company anyway but I tried to do things the right way. You sold me a flashlight that doesn't work. I don't like the light but that isn't why I want to return it. I want to return it because it's defective. I spent $325. I don't want a repaired light. I don't want to be inconvenienced by having to send it back to receive another light that will probably suffer from the same defect. I think I should be allowed a refund. If he didn't sell defective products we wouldn't be in this predicament. I will never purchase from him again and I would advise anyone thinking of it to read this post first.

Last edited:

hamhanded

Enlightened
I don't see where it says they we not take back a copper light?
I see this part: "All Leather Goods, Power Cells, Opus Series, and Copper-based products (Copper, Aluminum Bronze, 1930, etc.) are final sale and exempt from being returned."

That's too bad. I wonder why they chose to implement that policy. For such a huge carve-out of an otherwise standard return policy, I would expect a warning right on those items' pages.

3_gun

Enlightened
Replacing a defective product is not a return.

But I can understand his wanting to try & fix it before going further.

It may not be repairable & depending on the item, replaceable, at that point a return/refund would be the right thing.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Copper products are likely exempt from returns because they tarnish & cannot be resold as new. Leather for the same reasons. It is possible to refinish both but it requires a complete disassembly & rebuilding of the light. Its very hard work and it wont be like new. I know because I learned to refinish watch cases & its hard and time consuming work if you wanna do it right. Batteries should be self explanatory. Not saying that makes it right just sharing my thoughts.

Last edited:

fulee9999

Enlightened
it's suprising to hear bad about Muyshondt customer service, they have always been the Gucci or Luis Vutton of flashlights in the sense that you overpay for the brand recognition and customer care but not so much for the quality of the product.
Funnily enough I've seen a bunch of flashlight videos where the reviewer has a "oh and that's my Muyshondt xyz I just got back [ because it did not work]" moment and to be fair I never really cared about that much, because going in, you know you're buying a jewel light, it's not an appliance, you don't - need to - use it.

bigdelicious

Newly Enlightened
Appreciate the responses. Again I think the old aeon was a great light because was someone else's design that he copied anyway. This thing is a piece of junk. If he didn't sell defective products I wouldn't be in this position. I wasn't going to return it. My fault for buying a piece of junk. But once, on the second battery it started to malfunction, I felt I was definitely within my right to return it. But he will be getting the light back and I will be calling my credit card company. Just wanted to put it out there thanks

LRJ88

Enlightened
Appreciate the responses. Again I think the old aeon was a great light because was someone else's design that he copied anyway. This thing is a piece of junk. If he didn't sell defective products I wouldn't be in this position. I wasn't going to return it. My fault for buying a piece of junk. But once, on the second battery it started to malfunction, I felt I was definitely within my right to return it. But he will be getting the light back and I will be calling my credit card company. Just wanted to put it out there thanks
You're saying it was on the second battery? If you're able to, could you take pics of the inside of the head, and the body thread?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Copper products are likely exempt from returns because they tarnish & cannot be resold as new. Leather for the same reasons. It is possible to refinish both but it requires a complete disassembly & rebuilding of the light. Its very hard work and it wont be like new. I know because I learned to refinish watch cases & its hard and time consuming work if you wanna do it right. Batteries should be self explanatory. Not saying that makes it right just sharing my thoughts.
Nothing that was returned as defective should be resold as new, no matter what it is made of.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, the problem is here people would notice if it was sold as new & complain. With most products companies can get away with it, provided it was overhauled. Then they resell it for full price. Standard practice on amazon. But refinishing a copper flashlights wouldn't make any financial sense considering the effort involved, so they simply dont accept returns.
think about it.gif

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Really surprised to hear that. Very disappointing customer service.
Best bet unfortunately is indeed to do a credit card charge-back. When you send back the light, be sure to mail it back Certified Mail. Helps to eliminate any disputes about what happened to the product.

DRW

Enlightened
Ok. Tell me if I am wrong. I purchased a $325 maus from his website. The flashlight is defective. It doesn't shut off. It constantly runs. I emailed asking for assistance. he took about three days to respond. He said I could send it for a repair. I said I just want to return it. I'm honestly so disappointed in the light. It's like an expensive keychain. This is the response I get:

We do not accept returns on copper products, as per the the terms and conditions you agreed to at purchase. You can review the terms of purchase and our warranty policy here: https://muys.co/wandp

I have a small business and I could never imagine treating a customer this way. I'm just going to dispute the charge to my credit card company anyway but I tried to do things the right way. You sold me a flashlight that doesn't work. I don't like the light but that isn't why I want to return it. I want to return it because it's defective. I spent $325. I don't want a repaired light. I don't want to be inconvenienced by having to send it back to receive another light that will probably suffer from the same defect. I think I should be allowed a refund. If he didn't sell defective products we wouldn't be in this predicament. I will never purchase from him again and I would advise anyone thinking of it to read this post first.
I think you are wrong. Didn't give the vendor a chance to solve the problem.

Since you brought it up, what's the name of your business?

Disputing the charge with your CC seems to be a way to circumvent the terms and conditions to which you agreed.

Last edited:

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
I've had my copper maus for a few years now and it works great. I have some of his 18650s and they are real nice (good for 40,00 cycles).

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I would think the bad Publicity they get by not working with you would be worse than them just exchanging the light. First thing people do when going to a restaurant or a hotel is look at the reviews One bad review and people are out. Kinda why I love dealing with malkoff. No BS he takes care of you. Period

3_gun

Enlightened
An offer to repair the light was made & passed on by the purchaser, who instead wanted a refund, which is not offered on the item bought.

We don't know what would happen if the light could not have been repaired. Replacement with the same item? An offer of store credit? A refund?

All unknowns at this point. But as an outside third party only knowing what is posted on/in this thread; I do not see the seller as "the bad guy" at this point

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than using fluffy flowery wording to pass off a chinese mass produced light as a $325 custom light.
I really don't like this and it's way too common with knives etc too. It's not that there's not some quality manufacturing to be had but I just don't want it and will never buy it.
Honestly though this Instawank type stuff is just nauseating, just looking at the sellers website for two seconds and I'm gone.
Thank goodness for the likes of Mcgizmo, Malkoff and HDS.