My grain of salt regarding the HDS.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, and he didn't call it "candle mode"
It is as close as he will get to acknowledging it. If he didn't put it in here, it would leave everyone who knows about it confused when new software comes out and it's moved... it is also an easy way to figure out which version of software is in the light.

• 2.10 - released December 2013 - Rotary Tactical UI, calibration, internal cleanup, drop button lockout, locator flash enable option, rotary C & D presets to strobes, arbitrary exponent logarithmic spacing (always 24 levels), minimum to 0.02 lumens, flicker mode (undocumented, 5 clicks from off).
  • 2.11 - released April 2014 - higher speed fast strobe per research studies, CCW in Tactical UI is rotary.
  • 2.12 - released October 2014 - new configurations.
  • 2.13 - released December 2014 - skipped because some think 13 is unlucky.
  • 2.14 - released January 2015 - locator flash option controls quad-click, swap A/B for Tactical UI, triple-click from off latches level for Tactical UI, flicker to 7 clicks from off.
  • 2.15 - released January 2015 - true momentary at 6 clicks from off, flicker to 9 clicks from off.
  • 2.16 - released May 2015 - true momentary when Turn On option disabled.
  • 2.17 - released May 2015 - support for L91 AA.
  • 2.18 - released February 2018 - simplify default Rotary UI, level lock to triple-click from on for Tactical UI, return option and triple-click from off for button lockout, option to enable true momentary, bicycle strobes and configuration, improved auto-off.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, and he didn't call it "candle mode"
But it is a very well made candle mode, that would deserve this naming. :thumbsup:
Using my Rotary NC27 with the Fenix AOD-S diffuser gives you the romantic felling of a candle without having open fire.

As opposite, I used to have a Philips LED garden lantern. This lantern had a very warm and nice light color, but the candle mode was more blinking and flickering, than "emulating" a candle. The candle mode on this lantern should have been named "flickering". :sick2:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
But it is a very well made candle mode, that would deserve this naming. :thumbsup:
Using my Rotary NC27 with the Fenix AOD-S diffuser gives you the romantic felling of a candle without having open fire.

Nice. I think the candle mode is a little too bright without a diffuser. I use the patented CPF plastic bottle cap diffuser to knock off the hot spot.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The idea is cool, but for me personally the brightness jumps in this mode are very annoying if you add at least 5 intermediate values between each jump, it would look more real, now it looks like a old garland))

Latest posts