My TITAN Mod - Now it's perfect

Bushman5

Enlightened
HAHAHHA i was wondering how soon someoen would mod a Titan...

neat.

:devil:

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I filed the back off my MillerMods L0P to make it shorter for pocket carry. Not a $500 light like the Titan, but the $90 or so I paid for mine is still the most I've spent on a flashlight. I'm still very happy with my mod.

Do you have another shot, more from the side?

Here's a shot of my mod

MM_L0P_front.jpg

Greg

jspalmer

Newly Enlightened
Awesome job, I'd like to do that to mine also. I wonder if Milkyspit has done anything to a Titan yet.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brave, certainly, but having machined titanium before I am amazed at your patience. Such a clean turn, it looks factory done. Really impressive machine work, Phredd. A truly unique Titan.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good! Tools do best when they work like you want them to. Now definitely mod that thing with some tritium! :D

scottaw

Enlightened
HOLD ON, HOLD ON, we're all calling him ballsy here, but nobody mentioned that "the instructor" "take another class" HOLY @#$! This guy is just learning the lathe and doing this! There are lathe masters among us that haven't done this yet:eek:oo: You da man! :twothumbs

Phredd

Enlightened
You're all too kind. I'm blushing. :)

I just added another pic from the side as someone requested. I don't think there's enough thickness for tritium on the stock end cap without breaking through. Actually, I ordered a dot from B@rt. I don't remember the size, but cutting out a small circle in the center (under the spring) might not weaken the end cap. I'll just have to see when it arrives.

I'd love to see if someone else figures a nice way to add tritium. It seems the only sensible place is the narrow space between the cuts on the body - opposite the wide space between the cuts where the laser inscriptions are.

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I would prefer the Titan to be like this. The loss of the warranty on a $500 light is a no go for me. That helps with the cost of the light for me. You are a very brave man and did a nice job.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll buy some new pants with bigger coin pockets. :D
I'll say brave with capital "B".
Is this for the class project, if so anything less that A grade it'll be unfair. :twothumbs

kodiak

Enlightened
Great job! I love to see people modify stuff to there liking. It trully gives your EDC, a one of a kind feeling. Also, gives it character! I will probobly do something similer to mine when I get it. Could someone tell me where to buy Trinium dots or sticks? Thanks!

kodiak

Enlightened
Hi! I just made space. Thank you. I am a machinist also, It's good to see someone seeking the trade!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Mine came last Monday as I was walking out the door to catch a plane to Ireland. I concur there isn't enough "meat" for trit slots on the tailcap. I noticed the 3 pins on the "electronics" section next to the "battery" section are spring-loaded from the inside. I *suspect* they will prove to be the key to disassembly. I'd like to knurl a band on the electronics section, and if there's enough wall, add some trits. I'm also contemplating making a new tailcap with a recessed splitring like my avatar, which could provide additional trit "real estate."

:thumbsup: On being first, Phredd!

Larry

Last edited: