Name something from your state that surprises you

boo5ted

Enlightened
Ill start im in georgia it blows my mind the band the b52s are from here there so darn cool

They're from Athens actually, funny story about the song "Love Shack" is it's supposedly about Paradise Valley Resort in Dawsonville.

Make of that what you will lol.

One of the older guys I used to work with was friends with Fred Schneider(lead singer) and went to UGA with him. He told me after many "adult beverages" he's mentioned attending Paradise Valley in the 80's multiple times. So there is that :LOL:

Also, did you know in the city of Atlanta that it is illegal to tie your giraffe to a street light or telephone pole? TF am I supposed to do with him then? He will just eat any tree that I tie him to.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

South Carolina firsts...

1. First European settlement in 1526
2. We built the first ship to cross the Atlantic Ocean
3. First Black Baptist church
4. We had the first golf club
5. The very first municipal college 1770
6. The first public library was built in Charles Town on St. Phillips Street.
7. The first public museum in the colonies was founded in 1773.
8. Most importantly? The world's hottest pepper was created in South Carolina. :cool:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
They're from Athens actually, funny story about the song "Love Shack" is it's supposedly about Paradise Valley Resort in Dawsonville.

Make of that what you will lol.

One of the older guys I used to work with was friends with Fred Schneider(lead singer) and went to UGA with him. He told me after many "adult beverages" he's mentioned attending Paradise Valley in the 80's multiple times. So there is that :LOL:

Also, did you know in the city of Atlanta that it is illegal to tie your giraffe to a street light or telephone pole? TF am I supposed to do with him then? He will just eat any tree that I tie him to.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I clicked on that link to Paradise Valley, not knowing what it was, and... yikes! :yellowlaugh:

We have a law that requires a motorist who passes another motorist who is going slower to honk their horn when they've finished passing.

They finally passed a law that requires slower traffic in the fast lane to move over, even if speeding. Finally, a law that makes sense! :)

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Driving down I5 to SoCal I saw a couch discarded on the side of the highway. That's nothing out of the ordinary, however, as I passed by noticed there was a guy sleeping on it!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Here's something that may surprise folks.
All this talk about litter reminded me of a tv commercial from the 1970's asking folks not to litter.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember that ad.. Wasn't Cody also on episodes of Walker Texas Ranger?

Ever since I can remember, and long before green movements, the number one rule when leaving the beach is pick up someones garbage..

Imo the best law ever passed was when SC County outlawed using beach sand as an ashtray. Although the ordinance is really only enforced in town beaches near SC Boardwalk. Even so, at least it brought some awareness to smokers with a penalty fine

Hey, Native American-Italianos.. sure why not

scsiguru

Newly Enlightened
Only state to have LOST population every year for for the last 50 years.

ledbetter

Enlightened
I'd like to see CA huge homeless population lost, sent back to the States they hitched here from
I agree! People don't realize the majority of these people are not locals. I see temporary(and long expired) tags on cars/rv's from everywhere except California. The state no longer tows/confiscates rv's because they're considered toxic waste and no one will process them. So there they sit.