Need advice.....Got burned.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
One does not drop it for the benefit of the cheating aunt and uncle. One might drop it to preserve peace in the family. The aunt/uncle is a sibling to either the mother or father of the victim. I would rather eat the loss than cause my mom to get into a fight with her brother.

You're a nicer guy than I am.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't let them get away with this! I'd go to court just to have them face somebody over this. If they don't pay for the fixup, See if you get the mechanic to testify in your case as to the pattern of non payment. If he has to go to court, see if he can get YOU to testify. I hope you get this resolved, but in any case, you do not deserved to be ripped off. It doesn't matter who they are, family or not. I also would count two less family members on my family tree after this. :mad:

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
Get this. They just spent 700 fixing it up. I aksed the owner of the place that fixed it up how much it was worth before the fixed it and he said it was worth about 800-900.

BTW they still have not piad the guy for fixing it and the four wheeler is still sitting at his shop till he gets piad (What I should have done).

If that is true and you have a title slip, you could consider paying the repairman what he wants (which might be less than $700 at this point) and grabbing what is yours. There is no way you should consider this without a written title.

If it is worth $1500 now, you would not be ahead, but better off than where you sit with nothing but a sad story to tell.

(I also like the idea of visiting them and borrowing something of value, but that could be risky if they are as jerky as they appear from cyberspace.)

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
One question that has been asked many times is "... do you still have the title/pink slip?"

If you do--there is a lot you can do, very easily.

If you don't, after several years, you may have even lost the right to file in small claims court (unless there was, say, a two year payment schedule and they stopped paying in the second year).

-Bill

Pila_Power

Enlightened
If you haven't talked with your parents yet, why not?

I'd trust my own parents' advice over internet folks, no offence to any here, but do you see what I mean?

It may or may not turn into a sh1t fight, but either way if you eat this it will bug you forever. An injustice has been done and you can fix it. It's not your fault but it affects you negatively.

Do as you please but yeah - talk to your family!!!

Honesty is the key.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you haven't talked with your parents yet, why not?

I'd trust my own parents' advice over internet folks, no offence to any here, but do you see what I mean?

It may or may not turn into a sh1t fight, but either way if you eat this it will bug you forever. An injustice has been done and you can fix it. It's not your fault but it affects you negatively.

Do as you please but yeah - talk to your family!!!

Honesty is the key.

I would completely agree that talking with your parents is probably better than you might get here, and that honest is the key. But keep in mind no one can undo an injustice. An injustice cannot be undone by anyone. You can only get down in the pit, and waller around with it, and make sure everyone involved gets some on themselves.

Raptor#

Newly Enlightened
Don't let them get away with this! I'd go to court just to have them face somebody over this. If they don't pay for the fixup, See if you get the mechanic to testify in your case as to the pattern of non payment. If he has to go to court, see if he can get YOU to testify. I hope you get this resolved, but in any case, you do not deserved to be ripped off. It doesn't matter who they are, family or not. I also would count two less family members on my family tree after this. :mad:

Sounds like the way to go.

But first, you should talk to your parents. If that won't help, you still can (and should!) go to the court.
In this case, you already lost 2 family members.
Cut your losses, and get your money / property back or you have lost 2 family members AND your money, wich would be even worse.

Last edited:

Latest posts