Need thrower in "3-D" size

Newly Enlightened
OK then, if you want to be helpfull provide some links so he knows where to get them...:whistle:

Outdoors Fanatic said:
Folks, lets keep it real here. As much as lots and lots of CPFers love to mod and search for customized things, most people don't! Wmirag clearly stated that it was his friend who were looking for a flashlight, not some CPF mod geek. Most people don't want to go on an endless hunting trip for lenses, batteries, bulbs and other parts! They just want to get the "just-out-the-box" best performer! And that is: the mini-HID. With the Warrion K500 being the top one.

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned twice already...

A "D" size on steroids:

http://www.aelight.com/portable/powerlight.html

I saw these today at a vendor at the Sun-n-Fun Fly-In in Lakeland,Florida.

Most impressive...a personal searchlight.

The light, battery, and charger:
14 watt was $275 US + tx
24 watt: $330. + tx.

The case is $45.
Light up something a half mile away... :)

I've never paid that much for a light before....but I'm thinking of selling one of my children to get one.... :grin2:

jb

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
When advertising HID's, they sometimes say "whiter light", but it's always those 6000K blue glarebulbs.
rolleye11.gif

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
When advertising HID's, they sometimes say "whiter light", but it's always those 6000K blue glarebulbs.
rolleye11.gif
You are right...looking at the HID from a distance reminds me of those blue tint automobile headlights.

jb

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to third or 4th the AELight suggestions - they're the obvious answer.

FWIW I'm bringing in that line and will be offering a CPF member special on them:

Tentatively:
14W (800 lumen) $265
24W (1300 lumen) $298

Add $40 for the AL travel case.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
rolleye11.gif

6000k is as white as it gets. Those blue beams common in imported cars such in Mercedes-Benz and others are in the 10.000k range. In fact, if you try to order a spare lamp from a mercedes dealer you'll read on the package : "10.000k xenon hi-beam replacement bulb".

RoyJ

Enlightened
Outdoors Fanatic said:
6000k is as white as it gets. Those blue beams common in imported cars such in Mercedes-Benz and others are in the 10.000k range. In fact, if you try to order a spare lamp from a mercedes dealer you'll read on the package : "10.000k xenon hi-beam replacement bulb".

Most stock HIDs are 4600 - 6000k. At 10000k you have a deep violet.