Neo T5 is up for grabs at the amilite website!!

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
The spill is about 65-70% of a Surefire L4. Remember that the L4 is driven off of two CR123a batteries. The hotspot on the Neo T5 is much brighter, whiter and about 50% smaller than the L4 hotspot. What a superb light. I would recommend this for an EDC light, and I have used a Surefire L4 daily for the last two years...

AC

neoT5_07.jpg

adnj

Enlightened
What extras came with the light (box, covers, clickies, lanyard, nothing, etc.)?

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
A great light, no doubt, but just a bit too big for EDC.

But, that dosent mean I wont buy one................. Yes we need beamshots. T5 VS. Fenix P1D-Ce is a good place to start.

LightScene

Enlightened
It's not too big to EDC. It's smaller than the lights it's displacing.
It's a clickie. Small clickies don't make sense.

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
The light came in a small cardboard cigar style box with 2 extra o-rings, lanyard, battery and paper instruction sheet.

AC

neot5_08.jpg

Last edited:

FASTCAR

Banned
How is the general build quality of the T5? More like surefire or more like a 20$ china light?

Need more info. If it checks out, I will grab a bunch of these for all the guys that work for me.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
FASTCAR said:
How is the general build quality of the T5? More like surefire or more like a 20$ china light?

Need more info. If it checks out, I will grab a bunch of these for all the guys that work for me.
Hey Fastcar, have you ever seen the T3? If the T5 is similar to the T3 quality, then I'd safely say that these are best lights made in a foreign country. Its HA-III is pretty much like Surefire, fit and finish feel like of those found is much more expensive custom flashlights.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why did they go to a tail clickie??? Why didn't they give buyers the option for a twisty head, or a tail clickie? I am going to find a used Neo T3 and install a Seoul P4 myself.

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
FASTCAR said:

The fit and finish resemble Surefire's quality. The flashlight body could use a little more knurling to make easier to grip. The kydex accessory holster is very nice, but takes a little work to remove the light, but it is easily holstered. I dropped mine 4 times on my concrete garage floor, and cannot find any signs of abuse on the flashlight itself...

AC

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
datiLED said:
Why did they go to a tail clickie??? Why didn't they give buyers the option for a twisty head, or a tail clickie? I am going to find a used Neo T3 and install a Seoul P4 myself.
Clickie and two simple modes is the way to go. If you want a twistie go with the P1D. It's not like we are short of options.

FASTCAR

Banned
Does any 1 have : P1dce D-mini and Neo T5 ?

Many of us would love beamies of all 3
Perhaps what light you like best ( just a personal pick)

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
AC_Doctor said:
The spill is about 65-70% of a Surefire L4. Remember that the L4 is driven off of two CR123a batteries. The hotspot on the Neo T5 is much brighter, whiter and about 50% smaller than the L4 hotspot. What a superb light. I would recommend this for an EDC light, and I have used a Surefire L4 daily for the last two years...

AC

neoT5_07.jpg

Thanks for the info. By "65-70% of L4 spill", do you mean % of spillbeam diameter or % of spillbeam brightness?

Thanks again.