New and upgraded Fraz Mechanical Smart Materials flashlights

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Paul,
Hope you don't mind me posting this here, I did try PM-ing you but it just didn't seem to work/send.

Just wondering hows it going for a fix for the mashed spring on my 26350 light? Unfortunaly it has been sitting in my draw the whole time, I did buy some protected 26350 batteries but they don't fit :0(

Also could I order an extra 26650/21700 body (that could use protected batteries) as well to fit the 26350 Big E light?

Thanks
Glenn

TheFraz

Enlightened
Hi Paul,
Hope you don't mind me posting this here, I did try PM-ing you but it just didn't seem to work/send.

Just wondering hows it going for a fix for the mashed spring on my 26350 light? Unfortunaly it has been sitting in my draw the whole time, I did buy some protected 26350 batteries but they don't fit :0(

Also could I order an extra 26650/21700 body (that could use protected batteries) as well to fit the 26350 Big E light?

Thanks
Glenn

Hey Glenn. Sorry about the inbox....I've gotta clear it out and buy more space for sure.

I have your spring (I'll send you a few extras) ready to go, I just have to machine the special tool for you to be able to open up the bezel of the Lumenite (I only have one). Sorry it has taken so long.

Those protected batteries won't work with those battery tube designs because they were made specifically for the shorter, unprotected battery type. I'm sure that is what caused damage to that spring - the pinch and twist when the battery tube ran out of space for the battery and it bound up against the spring. It opened my eyes as I haven't had that happen before. The light is designed for the battery to 'float' between those 2 springs thus always maintaining contact. And when fully twisted to full on, the battery should be under no tension with the internals of the light.

I wanted the light to be as compact as possible. I have since lengthened the tubes as much as I can to accommodate for as may battery types as possible. I can definitely get you a 21700 battery tube type for the Lumenite, but I will need you to measure the thread diameter of the internal threads of your light - I update the design with each new run and slightly change the models as feedback comes in.

That internal retaining ring tool definitely has made me rethink the bezel designs of these lights for easier user access.

-Paul

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank's for you're responce Paul,

The tube seems to mesure 39mm at the thread & the same diameter of inside of the head it screws into.
Can the lights I got from you be upgraded to the new wireless set up? if you need, I could send them back for a tune-up and extra battery tube.

TheFraz

Enlightened
Thank's for you're responce Paul,

The tube seems to mesure 39mm at the thread & the same diameter of inside of the head it screws into.
Can the lights I got from you be upgraded to the new wireless set up? if you need, I could send them back for a tune-up and extra battery tube.

No problem at all Glenn. Yes, if you send them back I'd be happy to fix the issues - that would definitely be the best way to do it. I want to make sure I get the parts matched to your light as it was one of the older designs.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been watching for a while the development. I haven't been on here very much over the past year or so. Is there a quick place I can go to order? Just a lot to catch up on, sorry. Thank you! Cool manufacturing videos!

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast

TheFraz

Enlightened
Just updated the OP with some updated pics on the new look of the light. The internals have also continued to change. The wireless design is progressing nicely.

I keep saying it....but I'm really gonna try to start updating this thread along with the sales thread to show more development stuff.

XcodvSW.jpg

Top down view of the internals on my EDC.

-Fraz