*NEW* Cree XM-L Mag Drop-In

gatorgofer

Newly Enlightened
Well, A 2D host is what I have at the moment and that's about as big as I care to carry on my walks. I am curious however, how many Lumens and how much run time the 3 1/2D's provide?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, A 2D host is what I have at the moment and that's about as big as I care to carry on my walks. I am curious however, how many Lumens and how much run time the 3 1/2D's provide?

You can fit 3 NiMH C cells by Tenergy in a 2D Mag. Just take off the paint inside the tailcap and cut the spring really short.

Then just go to Hardware store and get some PvC pipe cut to lengh and use as a battery holder. This is what I do.

bigC

cdrake261

Enlightened

Hard to say without measuring equipment, but about what my tk30 is as far as brightness but throw is superior. I use a 4D mag and I got my flashlight last week and I yet to charge my batteries. The guy who posted after you made a good point using c-cells instead...carrying a 4D takes a little bit to get used to, but plus side is that I can use it as a batting weapon as well as a blinding light. Just food for thought...

redswr

Newly Enlightened
hmm... kinda wish i woulda saw this before i just got my Malkoff drop in... i was wanting the multi mode switch, maybe i'll get this for my 2D i have laying around. Can you run a 2 or 3 AA to D set up or the half D's pretty much the only way to go? i dont' have a charger and kinda am on a budget...

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the new 3000K XMLs floating about, has there been any additions in the line of drop-ins?

No sales for the drop-ins has slowed to the point that I will not be making another batch unless the demand rises.

Mac

Heath_m

Newly Enlightened
Count me for one too Mac! Any chance demand has risen enough yet to make some more drop ins for a maglite? I'm dying for your product and I've been hunting all over!

xpshooter

Newly Enlightened
I hope you decide to make more, I would like one of these.

:help:

Thanks

xpshooter

N10

Newly Enlightened
mac, on your website u said you do take money orders right(canada post money order)?...i'm still deciding whether i'm going to get this drop in but wanted to get more info...i've searched a little around the forum and couldn't really find any review of this drop in..
what i wanted to know is what is the beam like cause i'm looking for a more throwy type kind of beam

cdrake261

Enlightened
mac, on your website u said you do take money orders right(canada post money order)?...i'm still deciding whether i'm going to get this drop in but wanted to get more info...i've searched a little around the forum and couldn't really find any review of this drop in..
what i wanted to know is what is the beam like cause i'm looking for a more throwy type kind of beam

I had the xm-l drop in...it's nice and does throw good, get it, you'll love it!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wanted to ask.. the drop in is fully regulated right? just asking cAuse its not mentioned on the website..thanks

The drop-in uses a 7135 chip boards with a maximum input voltage of 6v. It' not a fully regulted driver board.

Mac

N10

Newly Enlightened
drop ins aren't available atm guys will have to wait or get find one on the marketplace