New Fenix coming?

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
a store on FB just posted this...

Announcing soon..........

Drum Roll...........

A military green flashlight. Looks rather tough.

Going
to
be
a
mover.
Fenix's
finest.

Do we know what light they are talking about??

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's all they posted on Facebook too. It's possible that a picture will leak before next week. Only time will tell ;)

kj2

Flashaholic
TK51 is coming end October so has to be a other light. I think a "colour-update" of the TK22.

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's likely! As far as I can remember in the past the lights available in olive green were standard models such as the T1 and TK10. I am not sure if the TK11 was ever available in green but there may have been other models.
If it is an existing model and they are only offering anodizing in a different color, I don't understand why they would shroud the release in mystery since it's neither an upgrade nor a new light! They could as well post the whole information on Facebook from day one!

kj2

Flashaholic
That's likely! As far as I can remember in the past the lights available in olive green were standard models such as the T1 and TK10. I am not sure if the TK11 was ever available in green but there may have been other models.
If it is an existing model and they are only offering anodizing in a different color, I don't understand why they would shroud the release in mystery since it's neither an upgrade nor a new light! They could as well post the whole information on Facebook from day one!
I did found a , new to me, photo of the TK22 http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...*coming*-*new*-Fenix-E50-TK22-and-TK75/page12 post#339 (page 12)

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green huh... I was expecting a sort of "hunter green" color :)

That TK22 in OD is sexy though... I would really lust after one if that is indeed what this mystery light is. Especially in a NW emitter as somebody was suggesting on that thread.

:hitit:

Sophie2013

Newly Enlightened
I guess it should be TK11.It's an awesome light which gains great popularity in military and police, even though TK11 only has two modes. But the max output is only 258lumens, I think they will make a upgrate.:devil:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it should be TK11.It's an awesome light which gains great popularity in military and police, even though TK11 only has two modes. But the max output is only 258lumens, I think they will make a upgrate.:devil:

I've talked about how the TK11 is one of the DEFINITE lights I want to see upgraded to an xp-g2 emitter. They should do that and put the "loss-less op reflector" in it from the TK22 and maybe change the way the head connects to the body. It's a fantastic light, but the way it is now on my TK11 xp-g r5 the head literally is connected to the body by the plate/capsule that the led is connected to-- AKA the threads on the end of the body piece that connect the head are on the "inside". It's sturdy for sure, but somewhat of an outdated design maybe?

Not trying to link my own thread for no reason, but this happened to me a few weeks ago: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?370471-Fenix-TK11-R5-Glue-Problem

As you can see my TK11 is basically a TOTAL tactical light now, even better than what you have to do for something like a surefire "tactical" g2x lol.

----

Anyway. Yeah I'd DEFINITELY buy a new iteration and upgraded version of the classic TK11. It's not the first light I bought but it basically defines what modern LED lights are to me.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
They should release an xp-g2 of the TK12, slightly longer but much more flexible than the TK11

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meh. In all likelyhood there won't be an xp-g2 TK11 so if anything I'd like to see the TK15 released with an xp-g2 over the TK12.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately a while back Fenix said there were no plans to upgrade the TK15 to XP-G2 either: I think the TK22 kind of replaces it though with an XM-L led and a slightly bigger head. That said, if Fenix want or rather if they see a concrete business opportunity, they can do upgrades or special editions of the TK11, TK12, TK15 or any of their discontinued model. What is more likely is that they'll just focus their development and production efforts on a "TK25"!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Fenix already meant to do that with the LD25. I never owned either model but I suspect that the TK20 fans would not consider the LD25 that worthy!
A new 2xAA TK light would be a great idea!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Fenix already meant to do that with the LD25. I never owned either model but I suspect that the TK20 fans would not consider the LD25 that worthy!
A new 2xAA TK light would be a great idea!

You are right. LD25 isn't close to a worthy successor to TK20. But if we write about it and tell our opinion maybe Fenix will listen! We know that the flashlight manufacturers read flashlight forums like CPF so there is still hope I think! :)