*new* Fenix E41: compact 4x AA-light, max. 1000 lumens

RemcoM

Enlightened
No, both E41, and PD35, do not impress me att all...have a PD35, but theres nothing impressive, about this light...but thats my opinion.

Thats why i have a TK61, TK75, RC40, Nitecore TM36, and a Olight X6 marauder.

Some weeks ago, i tested the Fenix PD35, and compared with the HIGHbeam of a car of a farmer, i know......The PD35 looks like completely overshadowd, by the Highbeam of the car....

The beam of the PD35, was completely gone, when the Highbeam turned on. The farmer said....thats a shitty light you have...looks like nothing!!

And so is the E41 i guess.....1000 lumens, against 850 lumens, of the PD35, is not a very big step.

kj2

Flashaholic
No, both E41, and PD35, do not impress me att all...have a PD35, but theres nothing impressive, about this light...but thats my opinion.
Some weeks ago, i tested the Fenix PD35, and compared with the HIGHbeam of a car of a farmer, i know......The PD35 looks like completely overshadowd, by the Highbeam of the car....
The beam of the PD35, was completely gone, when the Highbeam turned on. The farmer said....thats a shitty light you have...looks like nothing!!
And so is the E41 i guess.....1000 lumens, against 850 lumens, of the PD35, is not a very big step.
Since the PD35 (nor any other flashlight) isn't a 'car headlight' you're comparing apple's with banana's...
Do you even understand the difference between a flashlight and a car headlight??

Trevilux

Enlightened
Lights of a vehicle against EDC light compact 1 18650? I do not understand the comparison. The farmer is not very sharp....
It has nothing to do PD35 against oneTK75, TM26 ...
I really do not understand what you're trying to say.

Edit: 100% ok with kj2

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

What is the point of comparing a torch to a car headlamp,they both have complete different uses and are powered by different types of battery.When comparing like for like is order of the day surely.:rolleyes:

RemcoM

Enlightened
Since the PD35 (nor any other flashlight) isn't a 'car headlight' you're comparing apple's with banana's...
Do you even understand the difference between a flashlight and a car headlight??

Yes i know exactly the difference, between both kind of lights.

I say only what ive seen, when compared the PD35, against the HIGHbeam, of that car of the farmer, and that was, that the beam of the PD35, wash completely washed out, of view, and gone....when the farmer turns on the HIGHbeams of his car,

And he said, that is a shitty flashlight, come with something more powerfull light, and then we will see.

My TK75, is fifty fifty, with his highbeams....and my TK61, nitecore TM36, and Olight marauder, and Fenix RC40, should win, in intensity i hope.

Next time, all my lights i go compare with his highbeam...but he said....first see!!

But ontopic...The E41, and the PD35 look indeed dim, in comparison to also my TK75.......no, not impressed at all.

But that is only my opinion you understand?

kj2

Flashaholic
But ontopic...The E41, and the PD35 look indeed dim, in comparison to also my TK75.......no, not impressed at all.
And how can you compare these two with the TK75? Size, battery-configuration, singe led/multiple leds, reflector-size.. all different.

RemcoM

Enlightened
And how can you compare these two with the TK75? Size, battery-configuration, singe led/multiple leds, reflector-size.. all different.

I compare only the intensity, of the lights...nothing more.

You have a PD35 also?

Do you like this light?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes i know exactly the difference, between both kind of lights.

I say only what ive seen, when compared the PD35, against the HIGHbeam, of that car of the farmer, and that was, that the beam of the PD35, wash completely washed out, of view, and gone....when the farmer turns on the HIGHbeams of his car,

And he said, that is a shitty flashlight, come with something more powerfull light, and then we will see.

My TK75, is fifty fifty, with his highbeams....and my TK61, nitecore TM36, and Olight marauder, and Fenix RC40, should win, in intensity i hope.

Next time, all my lights i go compare with his highbeam...but he said....first see!!

But that is only my opinion you understand?

You have me completely baffled as why you compare a torch to a car headlamp and then you throw in a TK75 which is another type of torch altogether,they all do different jobs.I happen to really enjoy my PD35 and i use it for something different to my PD32.

Next time i go shopping for a torch i will take my car into the store and wait for the men in white coats to take me away.:nana:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
AwkwardSeal_zpscd0e91fe.jpg

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
^
Lol, nice

You know, I was helping a buddy out with a radio install in his car and the 100 lumens out of my headlamp and the 200 lumens out of my EDC just wasn't cutting it, so I unbolted his headlight and spliced in some extra wire. Popped that under the dash and voila, made all the difference. :ohgeez:

FYI, a quick google search will tell you that the average cars headlights output 2000 to 3000 lumens in total. If the car uses 4 H3 bulbs for lows and highs at the same time you're looking at 6000 lumens. If the car is using newer bulbs like H9s then you're looking at 8400 lumens. Not to mention the fact that US regulations allow for 150,000 cd intensity and EU allows 225,000cd. Why would even purchase a 1000 lumen light with 10,000cd if all you care about is outshining you farmer of a neighbor's car... who by the way is probably getting a kick out of the guy next store who drops a couple hundred of whatever your currency happens to be every time he flashes his highbeams at you.

As a side note, what did you use to walk the dog or take out the trash back in the 90's, a WWII spotlight in a red wagon?

Sorry mods, OT post is done and over with.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, a quick google search will tell you that the average cars headlights output 2000 to 3000 lumens in total. If the car uses 4 H3 bulbs for lows and highs at the same time you're looking at 6000 lumens. If the car is using newer bulbs like H9s then you're looking at 8400 lumens. Not to mention the fact that US regulations allow for 150,000 cd intensity and EU allows 225,000cd. Why would even purchase a 1000 lumen light with 10,000cd if all you care about is outshining you farmer of a neighbor's car... who by the way is probably getting a kick out of the guy next store who drops a couple hundred of whatever your currency happens to be every time he flashes his highbeams at you.

What's the main difference between high beams and low beams on cars. I don't really know anything about car headlights. I hear some newer ones are leds but that aside are both usually some type of incandescent bulbs or all halogen? I know hid beams are out there, but I drive a 1996 Camry. What are the beams on my car probably? Never have had to replace any. The brights on my Camry are pretty bright. Definitely at least over 2000 lumens like you said. The lower beams not so much. Maybe it's because I'm in the car and they are pointing at the ground, but my Fenix E50 seems pretty close to the low beams at 780 lumens.

-------

You know what... I'll just Google it. Here, I'll *steer* this thread back towards the E41 :)

Last edited:

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Well, the primary difference between car headlights and say the Fenix E41 ;) is the the light dispersal. I will skip the multitude of complex factors and nifty jargon that would make even a flashaholics eyes glaze over and say that the low beams (aka passing beams) are still around 2000 to 3000 lumens in the same sense that the 3 bulb chandelier in you living room is. The light, unlike the E41, is designed to be dispersed over a large area and in a very specific pattern (see google for that one). High beams (aka main beams) are more direction focused and project a far reaching beam, similar to the E41 in almost every aspect there. There are two ways to do this, design 4 reflectors and have 4 lights running or have a bi-filament bulb and a bulb shield in 2 lights. Similar principle among other headlight types i.e. xenon, LED, halogen, incan. Just different ways of achieving it. I would put your high beams at 4000 lumens conservatively, that is if all 4 headlights light up at once. Essentially, that's 4 Fenix E41's taped together, just incase Mr. Remco was interested.

RemcoM

Enlightened
^
Lol, nice

Like i said, the PD35, and E41, are nothing against car headlamps....i thought, carhighbeams, has limitations at 75 kcD....but here i read....US 150kcD, and EU.....225 kcD.

Why is that allowed? Isnt that high not very dangerous, to other traffic? So, that means, you need a real good flashlight to be win, of that intensity.

I really hope, that my TK61, and nitecore TM36, does win, in intensity of that most powerfull carHIGHbeam.

But the PD35, really looks shitty, and like nothing, against a carhighbeam. Still waiting, for a 10000 lumen flashlight/spotlight, with enormous throw.

You know, I was helping a buddy out with a radio install in his car and the 100 lumens out of my headlamp and the 200 lumens out of my EDC just wasn't cutting it, so I unbolted his headlight and spliced in some extra wire. Popped that under the dash and voila, made all the difference. :ohgeez:

As a side note, what did you use to walk the dog or take out the trash back in the 90's, a WWII spotlight in a red wagon?

Sorry mods, OT post is done and over with.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. I like 4 aa lights. You can put 4 cells into a charger and charge as a set. Good run time and output. I'll keep this on my want list for sure :)

RemcoM

Enlightened
To kj2, and all others,

I think i need one of this lights.

To leave all carheadlights, and......even...yes...planelandinglights behind me.

What has began, with a ordinaire simple Fenix E21 4 years ago...has reached extreme obsessions, i want now only the most extreme throwerspotlights...to dissolve all my doubts, of i can win of other lightsources, yes or no. But my farthest throwing light, is now my Nitecore TM36. But want still more.

See link below. Why you all flashaholics, not go for a light, that throw for almost 3 kilometres? But im affraid they are to expensive...sadly enough.

http://www.xevision.com/hid_searchlights_2.html

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
To kj2, and all others,

I think i need one of this lights.

To leave all carheadlights, and......even...yes...planelandinglights behind me.

What has began, with a ordinaire simple Fenix E21 4 years ago...has reached extreme obsessions, i want now only the most extreme throwerspotlights...to dissolve all my doubts, of i can win of other lightsources, yes or no. But my farthest throwing light, is now my Nitecore TM36. But want still more.

See link below. Why you all flashaholics, not go for a light, that throw for almost 3 kilometres? But im affraid they are to expensive...sadly enough.

http://www.xevision.com/hid_searchlights_2.html

Please keep it on topic, and open a new topic about this.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
"...planelandinglights..." Oh man, I never even considered what planes used for front lights lol. Okay.. back to the E41 :)

Does Fenix list cd for the various modes anywhere? I know they always give the max intensity on their site for the main specs, but I just want to get a general sense of the 400 lumen high. I'm considering maybe getting one of these or an E35ue. The E35ue is more compact, but will be less throwy for sure.

Last edited:

magicstone12

Banned
"...planelandinglights..." Oh man, I never even considered what planes used for front lights lol. Okay.. back to the E41 :)

Does Fenix list cd for the various modes anywhere? I know they always give the max intensity on their site for the main specs, but I just want to get a general sense of the 400 lumen high. I'm considering maybe getting one of these or an E35ue. The E35ue is more compact, but will be less throwy for sure.

You could only find the cd for the max output on the website.

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
good prize for the output and size,has any one got it and done a review?