New guy on the block... WOW I thought I was crazy about flashlights!

bspofford

Enlightened
:welcome: Remember, have all flashlight deliveries sent to the office!! :whistle: :sssh:

:nana::nana:

Good idea! I retired and sent my wife to work so now I'm the only one home when the postman comes. Still have to hide all the evidence . . .

layzieyez

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! Look at my join date, and look at the list of lights I own in my signature. Don't let this happen to you.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have known about this place for a little while, but I didn't join until about 3 months ago. It has cost me over $1000 dollars already. Mind you, I am showing restraint. Honestly, I have never "met" a nicer bunch of crazy people though.

BigD64

Enlightened
All these guys are right, you will not be able to keep your wallet closed. This has a simple solution however, give me your wallet and I will approve all flashlight purchases for you. All your worries will go away. Every once in a while you will get a new light and your wife will be none the wiser. Except for the no money for food thingy. Good luck and welcome to CPF!

xoltri

Newly Enlightened
Ha, am I the only one that only buys a few flashlights? I really have 2 places in my life for flashlights, one I carry all the time, and a big one to keep in a drawer.

For my EDC I bought an ARC AAA back in the day when it was THE AAA flashlight, a LF2 when that came out, a LF2X recently when I lost my LF2 :(. I always have this on me, it gets a lot of use. The few times I left it at home I've regretted it.

And for my large flashlight I have bought a Malkoff drop in for a 3D Mag. I use this camping or when the power goes out it will light up an entire room easily.

For me that's enough, but I eagerly await the opportunity for technological advancement to replace these two with newer better models.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha, am I the only one that only buys a few flashlights?

You'll get your flashaholic badge confiscated if you say that too loudly :p

Actually, I own very few lights currently. Looking in to getting more soonish, but a new bike frame comes first.