New incan flashlight in 2020: STILL possible!

325addict

Enlightened
I would just buy both the SP-6 and SP-9 AND that 1-cell extender. Then, the choice is yours: especially for 2-cell application, they have FOUR different lamp assemblies! All I can say: the ES-9 really surprised me, how bright it is with just 0.85 Amps of current consumption. Here, you can really choose. Want the brightest and runtime doesn't matter? Just take the EO-9 for your 2-cell setup. For the SP-6 there are 2 lamp assemblies with a voltage of 3.7V. But you could also drop in two pieces 18350 batteries into the SP-6 and share / use the same lamp assemblies! Take the ES-9 for the 2X 18350 batteries, and take the EO-9 for two 18650 batteries in the SP-9 plus one extender. Or just take two pieces 18500 and just drop them in!

Well thanks.. Now I'm getting one.. or two... I was literally just thinking, where can I find a new Incan light, I've been really kicking around picking up some used ones on ebay but now that I know I can get new ones from lumens factory I couldn't be happier. :)

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with 325addict that the stock switch is of good quality. While I have a spare McClicky I haven't swapped it in yet. Probably worth a try though I doubt it'll change much. If I remember tonight I'll try it on my Malkoff/Seraph host.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of incands. I have come to the conclusion that I like either very powerful ones, 500++ lumens for great outdoor tint, or very dim, orange ones, ~1lm, as bedside assistants.

Medium power ones, like e- or p- series with whatever bulb they accept just see no use, despite I own and like them very much.

But I have one e1e which I do use, with a yuji 3200k 5mm LED in tad's adapter. No one would ever guess it is not incand! And I like the beam profile a lot more than that of a hotwire in this host

mrsteel

Newly Enlightened
I would just buy both the SP-6 and SP-9 AND that 1-cell extender. Then, the choice is yours: especially for 2-cell application, they have FOUR different lamp assemblies! All I can say: the ES-9 really surprised me, how bright it is with just 0.85 Amps of current consumption. Here, you can really choose. Want the brightest and runtime doesn't matter? Just take the EO-9 for your 2-cell setup. For the SP-6 there are 2 lamp assemblies with a voltage of 3.7V. But you could also drop in two pieces 18350 batteries into the SP-6 and share / use the same lamp assemblies! Take the ES-9 for the 2X 18350 batteries, and take the EO-9 for two 18650 batteries in the SP-9 plus one extender. Or just take two pieces 18500 and just drop them in!

I ordered the SP-6 and SP-9 with the 1-cell extender. I got several lamp assemblies for the SP-9 and for now just got one for my SP-6. I've reread your post several times and still have a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around what battery combo to use. I plan on EDC'ing the SP-6 without the battery extender and I plan on using the SP-9 with the extender as I bought some 9V lamp assemblies, could you help me out a bit with what's the best battery combo to use there? Is it 18650's?

mrsteel

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of incands. I have come to the conclusion that I like either very powerful ones, 500++ lumens for great outdoor tint, or very dim, orange ones, ~1lm, as bedside assistants.

Medium power ones, like e- or p- series with whatever bulb they accept just see no use, despite I own and like them very much.

But I have one e1e which I do use, with a yuji 3200k 5mm LED in tad's adapter. No one would ever guess it is not incand! And I like the beam profile a lot more than that of a hotwire in this host

I've noticed this as well, though I do also like using my 4D Xenon Maglite in the house too!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Parts came in for this little Lumens Factory incan build. My only incan aside from a ROP modded Mag from way back. (I suppose I do have a P60 laying around I could plug into my beater G2L too.)

MciIklz.jpg

Any chance you can put the smooth reflector in and comment on how it is? Got one of these coming in and curious how she throws.

mrsteel

Newly Enlightened
Any chance you can put the smooth reflector in and comment on how it is? Got one of these coming in and curious how she throws.

Do they sell a smooth reflector is at lumens factory or did you get it elsewhere? Also what's the process for switching it out? Gotta buy a new lamp assembly or just the reflector?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
When you order the head it states that it comes with both smooth and textured. Not sure how they swap out. Thinking it just drops in.

325addict

Enlightened
Yes, I can help you. If your plan is to EDC the SP-6 I would definitely advise to use one 18650 of good quality in it. And for the SP-9 with the 1-cell extender, that's TWO times 18650, so you just have to buy ONE battery model / size. Make sure you use one with a good protection, as some batteries will switch off when trying to power up a high-power incan bulb. I used to use the AW 2600mAh cells for that (powers up the mighty WA1185 in ONE click) but these are no longer available.
These are known to do the same:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-BLAZ...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

and these may work also:
https://www.nkon.nl/rechargeable/li-ion/18650-size/acebeam-18650-3100mah.html

I hope this helps!

I ordered the SP-6 and SP-9 with the 1-cell extender. I got several lamp assemblies for the SP-9 and for now just got one for my SP-6. I've reread your post several times and still have a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around what battery combo to use. I plan on EDC'ing the SP-6 without the battery extender and I plan on using the SP-9 with the extender as I bought some 9V lamp assemblies, could you help me out a bit with what's the best battery combo to use there? Is it 18650's?

325addict

Enlightened
I would surely do so, it's very rewarding. I don't know what goals you have in terms of brightness and runtime, on the Lumens Factory website you can find the specifications down left. Here you will find currents and number of lumens from all bulbs. This enables you to make an informed decision which lamp assembly you would like to buy.

Thanks I'll pick a few of those up!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have been using my E1l with lumens factory 90 lumen incandescent for the past few days. Man I forgot just how bright that little puppy is.Some call it old school. I call it cool 😎

nbp

Flashaholic

Sorry, didn't see this quicker. Have not tried the smooth yet. Did your parts come in to try them out already?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I placed an order with LF late September. Tracking it seems like it may arrive at my house tomorrow, ie figure 3 weeks, just like normal.
Edit: arrived about 3 weeks after ordered. End edit.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oh. Well got a bit before they get here. I scored a E1L body so ordered a E-series head/SS bezel and another 90 lumen bulb. Forgot how useful 90 lumens of incandescent can be.

nbp

Flashaholic
If you got the Fed Ex shipping then it's only like a week to the US. Mine came very fast.

wayben

Newly Enlightened
I didn't realize there was such a large difference in delivery times between USPS and FedEx from Hong Kong. I went USPS for my Seraph SP6, it's been about 3 weeks and should arrive Tuesday. Next time I'll be sure to use FedEx.

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't think I had a choice, it was just selected for me. I think in the other main LF parts thread Mark said that he had adjusted the shipping methods. Maybe you had just missed the cutoff. I dunno.