New Malkoff E-Series Bezel ??

ypsifly

Enlightened
Should this make it to production, would it be for the E1, E2, or both? I would love to upgrade my E1 with a Malkoff but will one cell give it enough juice?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on which drop-in you use you can use 1 or 2 cells. An M30 gives max brightness with 1 cell.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, wow. I just ordered an E1E, for my first "real" incan light. If Mr. Malkoff could come up with something like an M30WF (or any M30, for that matter) for the E1-series, I'd be all over it. Heck, if he came out with an E-type M60, I'd go out and order an E2E or an older E20, too.

Think of the versatality we'd have for the E-series with Surefire and LF incan lamps, SureFire and TLS LED heads, and finally Malkoff heads/dropins! :thumbsup:

LumenMan

Enlightened
Depending on which drop-in you use you can use 1 or 2 cells. An M30 gives max brightness with 1 cell.

That's why I love the M30 :thumbsup: If Gene's new E-Series bezels does make into production I will have quite a few E-Series lights packin' M60's & M30's :party:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This is something myself and the machinest have played with (off and on) for quite a while. We have a workable prototype which is about 1.125 in diameter and uses the M60. It seems to work quite well and doesn't have that German WWII hand grenade look that aftermarket E2 heads are famous for. We will see where it leads.

Gene

Hopefully it will lead to another sweet product we can buy from you. :twothumbs

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the resident Surefire expert said the E series and L series threads are not interchangeable.

I don't know for sure since I don't own any of the L series myself.

-Trevor

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slightly more complicated than that. E-series bezel THREADS are L1 compatible, but E-bezels will not fit on L1 tubes due to a purpose built interferance inside. This is to prevent running regulated E-bezels on regulated L1 bodies. The L1 heads are "dumb" and the L1 driver is in the body. The interferance comes from the L1 tube being thicker than E-tubes on the Inner Diameter (ID). If you bore out an L1 and remove the driver, then E-bezels will fit. I had Milky do exactly that to one of mine and now it fits a 17500 (or 2x RCR2's) and any E-head including what I have on it right now... a Vital Gear F2 with a Malkoff M60W in it! :nana::nana::nana::nana: operating with the L1 2-stage tailcap for a low with extended run time :twothumbs

OH, wait, isn't that what this thread is about? :nana:
E and L bezels will interchange, but not tail caps.
L1 heads will all fit any E-body, but of course you don't want to put a dumb direct drive L1 head on an E2 with two cells of any kind in it. :poof:

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
If this happens, My surefire/Vital gear/milky legos will add another slash with malkoff's name! Id be in for 1 bezel and a M60!

RGB_LED

Enlightened
:faint: OMG. My E1 and E2 bodies would have new lives! I would totally be in for one especially since my E2 body fits a 17670. I'm stoked and my wallet is in the upright and locked position!

Btw, does anyone actually have evidence or communication that this is really happening? :popcorn:

LumenMan

Enlightened
:faint: OMG. My E1 and E2 bodies would have new lives! I would totally be in for one especially since my E2 body fits a 17670. I'm stoked and my wallet is in the upright and locked position!

Btw, does anyone actually have evidence or communication that this is really happening? :popcorn:

It looks like Gene has given the "Green Light" to the production of these E-Series Bezels ! lovecpf:hitit: