The new Malkoff M61SHO

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Colored LEDs don't use more than 1 amp of current so they stay cool and ultra reliable.

It's not cheap but you can do red auxiliaries and Amber triples in a heavy copper P6 drop in.

Johnny Ryall

Newly Enlightened
HDS amber is fantastic, probably my most used HDS these days. Lotta $$$ for a colored led though.
I been eyeing them for a year or so, even on the second they ain't cheap at all,
If I had a malkoff amber head that I could swap out on a 16650 body when camping that would be the tops, its been ideal lately to carry one body, 2-3 batteries and 2-3 heads on my last few trips.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I been eyeing them for a year or so, even on the second they ain't cheap at all,
If I had a malkoff amber head that I could swap out on a 16650 body when camping that would be the tops, its been ideal lately to carry one body, 2-3 batteries and 2-3 heads on my last few trips.

A p6 dropin should fit in a VME head.
I have 3 different sized p6 dropins...i'll see if any fit into a VME head.

intake_monk

Newly Enlightened
For the two I own, form factor of the light pill is also slightly different. the Sho has a lip for optimal P60 drop-in spacing. Also because the HOT has a TIR optic, the pill itself is sealed where as the reflector is open inside the head.

pills.jpeg
pills2.jpeg
pills3.jpeg

They both work in the M61 heads, but because the tapering is different on the HOT, i don't think it would work as a drop-in in surefire heads.

EDIT: HOTv2 is camera right in the shots, while SHO is camera left.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
SST20 with reflector vs XPL Hi with TIR.