**NEW** Nitecore TM26

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If memory serves, the brand listed on the flashlight in question is Imalent. Which brings the question of how it is pronounced. I would suggest 'em-yoo-late.

Not to say it is the only company doing it. I'm sure Surefire has a beef or two. Speaking of; did Surefire copy anybody else with their products? Did someone else come up with the post-Maglight tactical flashlight before Surefire?

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
If you can't convince the masses, confuse them. I fully agree this whole thing is a gimmick and I question the robustness of the screen.

Haha!!! That's funny.

Hey, with regards to the OLED, it does actually seem like they're fairly sturdy. You might remember some of the video's including the one of it being kicked down the road from pot hole to pot hole. I think the track record here at CPF has been pretty decent as well.

It would be good if people report any failures though.

markr6

Flashaholic
Haha!!! That's funny.

Hey, with regards to the OLED, it does actually seem like they're fairly sturdy. You might remember some of the video's including the one of it being kicked down the road from pot hole to pot hole. I think the track record here at CPF has been pretty decent as well.

Don't want to speak for pjandyho, but I think he was referring to the touch screen of the Imalent knockoff, not the OLED.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't want to speak for pjandyho, but I think he was referring to the touch screen of the Imalent knockoff, not the OLED.
Yes that is precisely what I am talking about, the Imalent. I don't think the OLED on my TM26 is that flimsy.

Last edited:

Elkhunter

Newly Enlightened
Haha!!! That's funny.

Dont get me wrong I love this light but lately I have had to push the off button on it don't stay off but comes on at same level which tells me it isn't my error since its not changing brightness level.

tskiller

Newly Enlightened
damn, i feel very fortunate to have read this forum on a whim today. :thanks: I saw the deal with coupon code from IS and it was simply too good to pass up.

I kept my eye on a nice flashlight and the TM26 was always something I thought was very cool but a bit expensive. I previously bought a nitecore AA2 SENS that has been serving me very well as a EDC I keep in my messenger bag and take on trips to the cottage in northern Michigan. With the discount from IS I just couldn't say no to the TM26. :naughty:

I've got a TM26 and 4 x 18650 KeepPower 3400mAh on the way! To be honest, I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to real flashlights. The TM26 has a charger built in, but is it worth the money to buy a quality independent charger? Is there any other accessory or gear I should get for maintenance or otherwise useful for this particular model? I do plan on getting a few more batteries, but I have a bit more reading to do before I decide on what I'm getting. The keeppower ones I bought with the TM26 seemed solid and reasonably priced for a first set.

lovecpf

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn, i feel very fortunate to have read this forum on a whim today. :thanks: I saw the deal with coupon code from IS and it was simply too good to pass up.

I kept my eye on a nice flashlight and the TM26 was always something I thought was very cool but a bit expensive. I previously bought a nitecore AA2 SENS that has been serving me very well as a EDC I keep in my messenger bag and take on trips to the cottage in northern Michigan. With the discount from IS I just couldn't say no to the TM26. :naughty:

I've got a TM26 and 4 x 18650 KeepPower 3400mAh on the way! To be honest, I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to real flashlights. The TM26 has a charger built in, but is it worth the money to buy a quality independent charger? Is there any other accessory or gear I should get for maintenance or otherwise useful for this particular model? I do plan on getting a few more batteries, but I have a bit more reading to do before I decide on what I'm getting. The keeppower ones I bought with the TM26 seemed solid and reasonably priced for a first set.

lovecpf

Good score. I would recommend also purchasing a 4 bay charger. The TM doesn't charge the batteries to 100% capacity.
Probably 80% or so.

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
i received my second TM26 from IS today. btw, great vendor and fast shipping!

just an observation. i noticed that the LEDs are XML (green circuit board, 3 wires) vs the first one i got, XM-L2 (silver circuit board, 2 wires). brightness between the two is pretty much the same at least to my eyes.

foxxkat

Newly Enlightened
anyone knows whether tm26 can accommodate long protected 18650? >69.5mm long like those green panasonic protected 3400mah cells.

:)

dts71

Newly Enlightened
TM26 ordered, Illumination Supply had no 12V cables though. Anyone with a 4Sevens charger that could check if that car cable works?
Also, has anyone tested if charging via a car cable is faster than the 1A power supply?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone knows whether tm26 can accommodate long protected 18650? >69.5mm long like those green panasonic protected 3400mah cells.

I use both the 3400s and 3100s in mine BUT they scrunge (deform) bottom contact plate, so you can't use 123s unless you pull the contacts up again. No biggie for me as I only use 123s for emergences but would not like to do that more than a few times.

This issue has been addressed before. The short answer is they will fit, but they are absolutely borderline, may deform your contacts, and are definitely not ideal. Since they can't be used in any number of lights (due to width) and fit extremely tightly in others (too long), other than the cost savings, I'm not sure why anyone would want to buy these cells. I like my cells to be compatible with as many of my lights as possible.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
TM26 ordered, Illumination Supply had no 12V cables though. Anyone with a 4Sevens charger that could check if that car cable works?
Also, has anyone tested if charging via a car cable is faster than the 1A power supply?

The 12 volt DC cord that fits the external Nitecore charger will not fit into the charging port on the TM26.

DoubleZed

Newly Enlightened
Even though I had to pay additionally around 20$ for the shipping to Europe, I went for it and took one from IS. This thread shows that I will not regret it :)

Anyway, now I need some batteries and some decent ones that seem to be available from Germany are the protected Keeppower 3400s. They are quite expensive, but seem to be a good choice for a great flashlight. Are there any other recommendations that would preferably be available from a European reseller? It is difficult to get lithium batteries posted to Europe from Asia.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is absolutely no comparison in throw between the TM26 and the S6330. The TM26 crushes it, easily, without breaking a sweat. It has more lumens (almost half again as many), and a much higher candela rating as well.

tonkem

Enlightened
There is absolutely no comparison in throw between the TM26 and the S6330. The TM26 crushes it, easily, without breaking a sweat. It has more lumens (almost half again as many), and a much higher candela rating as well.

Thanks thedoc007, would you have any comments on how you like the tm26 versus the s6330? I have the 6330, and have never really considered nitecore, other than I have a charger of theirs, but this model is interesting.

Thanks, and any pics of both models in the hand? I am partial to smaller sized lights, and this one(tm26) looks small, but I am used to my Lupines as well, which are very small, just don't have the versatility of the tm26. Any beam comparisons? Not much about the 6330 in reviews, and now it is discontinued, for a newer model I am sure...

Thanks again .

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks thedoc007, would you have any comments on how you like the tm26 versus the s6330?

I don't own the S6330, I was basing my response on the specs, and what I know about the S6330. Although the candela rating is hard to find for the S6330, we can figure it out fairly accurately. The Zebralight is basically 3 SC600s wrapped together - the reflectors are totally separate, and exactly the same size as the SC600 reflector, so adding the candela rating of three SC600s give us a rating of around 15-16k candela. The TM26, on the other hand, is rated for 43k lux@1m, nearly triple the intensity by the numbers. In real world use, of course, it will not throw nearly 3 times as well, but given that it has 1100 more lumens to work with AND better focus, it WILL be significantly better at medium to long range. The reason I like the Nitecore so much is because it is so versatile...massive flood, but also capable as a thrower for PRACTICAL distances, whereas the S6330 is a dedicated flooder.

As for the size comparison, I didn't find any direct comparison between the TM26 and S6330 in a quick search. I did find this thread, though, where Tatopus kindly posted pics comparing the TM15 to the Zebralight. The TM26 is a little smaller than the TM15 (smaller reflectors, shorter head), but it does give you a pretty good idea. If you want compact, you already have the right light...the Zebralight really is amazingly small.

I hope someone else can help with a direct comparison...

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't hold back. I just ordered a TM26 and 4 EagleTac 3400mah 18650s.

I've been eyeing this light ever since it came out and I'm still eyeing it- a pretty good sign that I want it bad. :D

tonkem

Enlightened
Let us all know how you like it. Where did you order it? You can PM me if needed......

I couldn't hold back. I just ordered a TM26 and 4 EagleTac 3400mah 18650s.

I've been eyeing this light ever since it came out and I'm still eyeing it- a pretty good sign that I want it bad. :D