**NEW** Nitecore TM26

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I had started this as a new post, but it seems like it should go here ... preview: I just got a new TM26 and it appears it may have an XML-2 upgrade from the factory ... there may be a upgraded version in town.

I just got my second TM26 due to the smoking deal IS had ... I turned it on and was taken aback when the OLED said 3800 lumens.
z5rAcfd.jpg

Compared to my other TM26 that is only a month old or so, it still says 3500 lumens. The box my new TM26 came in also still says 3500 lumens.
wlfIbjQ.jpg

Looking at the LEDs, you can see a difference (new on left, old on right). The '3800' LEDs have a silver PCB with 2 wires visible into the diode. The '3500 TM26' has a green PCB and 3 wires visible into the diode.

jvhDFNL.jpg

Anyway, I could have been living under a rock (I have been busy lately) but this seemed very noteworthy to me and worth sharing.

I just played with it some more and noticed the other modes are different.

Level 2 is 150 vs 95
qsIlSzt.jpg

Level 3 is 600 vs 540
XHH6Drb.jpg

Level 4 is 1850 vs 1700
0FfUrOF.jpg

hmmm so did they tweak the temperature thresholds as well?

could you please see how long it would run on Level5 before it steps down?

Tail stand with no airflow, ambient temp of 68F was 3:44 with a step down at 62-63 degrees C.

tonkem

Enlightened
What is the lowest mode? still 3 lumens? Also, how do you like the light compared to other lights you have and have owned. On the fence on this light, since I have Lupine Betty TLS and Wilma TL lights, that are smaller but not quite as bright. As well, I have the Zebralight S6330 which is also smaller but not quite as bright.

Also, what runtimes does the light say at each level now?

Thanks.

Last edited:

tonkem

Enlightened
Grabbing some fresh sells and checking

Wow, thanks. Also, how do you like the light compared to other lights you have and have owned. On the fence on this light, since I have Lupine Betty TLS and Wilma TL lights, that are smaller but not quite as bright. As well, I have the Zebralight S6330 which is also smaller but not quite as bright.

Sorry for the repost. Making sure you saw it :)

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
Grabbing some fresh sells and checking

Orbtronic 3400mAh. Tested 4.14 V on Cottenpickers charger.
G8wgovQ.jpg

3 lumens level 1: >999 hours
150 lumens level 2: > 46 hours
600 lumens level 3: >7.8 hours
1850 lumens level 4: >2.1 hours
3800 lumens level 5: > 50 min

tonkem

Enlightened
Looks like a bit more runtime on max, and little to no improvement on the lower modes. I guess you really like this light to have purchased 2 of them?

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thanks. Also, how do you like the light compared to other lights you have and have owned. On the fence on this light, since I have Lupine Betty TLS and Wilma TL lights, that are smaller but not quite as bright. As well, I have the Zebralight S6330 which is also smaller but not quite as bright.

Sorry for the repost. Making sure you saw it :)

I love this light compared to a lot of other lights I own. The floody nature of this light is really pleasant and IMO it is an incredibly usable combination of flood/throw. After I got this light my TK75 has been sitting idle. I use the TM26 all the time, on a tripod working on the car, around the house, out for walks etc. The user interface is top notch as well, I fell madly in love with the UI.

For frequent utility use this light is my favorite. When I want to have a throw war I will go with something else, but in terms of practicality this light wins in the high lumen class.

tonkem

Enlightened
Awesome. Glad you found the "perfect" light :) I may have to pick one up from IS as well, on that awesome deal. Thanks for all the information.

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a bit more runtime on max, and little to no improvement on the lower modes. I guess you really like this light to have purchased 2 of them?

Quite true :D I was going to send my new one to Vinh to be modded with warm white 90+CRIs ... now I think I will have to send the old one for modification.

riccardo

Enlightened
Quite true :D I was going to send my new one to Vinh to be modded with warm white 90+CRIs ... now I think I will have to send the old one for modification.

Send both....
One with 90+ CRIs and the other with something in the 4500K range and higher efficiency.
I believe that lights of that price range should not have CW temperatures, I really like mine but I find myself unable to use it with real pleasure just because of the tint.. NW is the way..

apierce

Newly Enlightened
Greetings from South Africa

Very slow on the uptake and only starting to see the immense value of this forum! I noted that there was a fantastic deal on the TM26 which is almost $600 here in South Africa.

I unfortunately have not posted here before and hence cannot use the PM yet. Would some kind individual mind sharing the coupon via email if it is still valid. (Found it on CPF Marketplace)

Many thanks for a fantastic forum and to all the contributors who freely give of their knowledge.

Regards

Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

apierce

Newly Enlightened
My apologies for the previous post. I have found the coupon code for the IS TM26 special. Ordered and I look forward to giving feedback once it arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
interesting StiFTW! i believe i also have the newer model but lumen levels for me are not like yours.

as i mentioned in my post (#1229) earlier the first copy i received from amazon has the newer silver circuit board LEDs (two wires) compared to the ones i've been receiving from IS.

the serial number with the green circuit boards (three wires) begin with 308##########. the new one is 310##########.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send both....
One with 90+ CRIs and the other with something in the 4500K range and higher efficiency.
I believe that lights of that price range should not have CW temperatures...

Just because you don't like cool tints, you say no lights at this price should be offered in cool white?

To each his own...I think the more options available, the better. Instead of restricting choice to what you personally feel is the best, why not offer both, and make everyone happy?

Just saying...I have no problem with people who prefer neutral or warm tints, but when they start telling me what I should prefer, that's a different story.

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
interesting StiFTW! i believe i also have the newer model but lumen levels for me are not like yours.

as i mentioned in my post (#1229) earlier the first copy i received from amazon has the newer silver circuit board LEDs (two wires) compared to the ones i've been receiving from IS.

the serial number with the green circuit boards (three wires) begin with 308##########. the new one is 310##########.

My new light starts 311 ### ### ###

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I e-mailed Illumination Supply asking about the new version, and if all the new purchases will have XM-L2 emitters. I'll let you guys know how they respond, when they get back to me.

Michael88

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I had started this as a new post, but it seems like it should go here ... preview: I just got a new TM26 and it appears it may have an XML-2 upgrade from the factory ... there may be a upgraded version in town.

Awesome post, thanks for the detail and photos. Just received mine from IS and . . . it has the silver emitters! Awesome! Unfortunately the batteries have not arrived yet, so will have to wait to try it out.

riccardo

Enlightened
Just because you don't like cool tints, you say no lights at this price should be offered in cool white?

A flashlight it's basically just a tool to make light.. so I believe that the quality of the emitted light should be among its most important qualities. But just a few manufacturer has understood it while most of them are still in the lumen race..

Anyway I bought it for the full price and now I'm at this point:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63fddr9bpv6dtpi/Photo 08-11-13 14 16 29.jpg

Hope to finish soon, but LEDs did not arrive yet.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cool white tint on my TM26 is fine. It will be interesting to see what comes with a swap in emitters. Just because I am not looking for superior color rendering in a high lumen hand torch doesn't mean someone else can. It seems like the person making the comment that flashlights of that price range should not come with CW emitters is speaking 'off the cuff' and the words should not be taken for "fightin' words". It is an opinion and yet, many of us agree with thedoc007. No big deal.