**NEW** Nitecore TM26

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
8 rapidly switchable levels to choose from

I wonder if that is accurate...if so I'd avoid it. Eight is just too many, in my opinion. Too many presses required to find the right one, and if you should go too far, forget about it.

I'd be curious to know what the spacing is, too. 3 to 95 lumens is a pretty big jump, but I think the others are already well spaced with only 5 modes.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if that is accurate...if so I'd avoid it. Eight is just too many, in my opinion. Too many presses required to find the right one, and if you should go too far, forget about it.

I'd be curious to know what the spacing is, too. 3 to 95 lumens is a pretty big jump, but I think the others are already well spaced with only 5 modes.

Agree

MrWonderful1961

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, well at least right now, Going Gear has it on 'Black Friday' sale for $250! That is $30 less than I got mine for on ebay and it's the 3800lm version. Happy Thanksgiving. ;-)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Level 4
Level 5
Strobe
SOS
Beacon

There are your 8 levels. No change from the previous version. Also just tested on my TM26-XML-2.

So the issue is marketing, once again. Four of the eight "levels" are all exactly the same brightness, making that a dubious claim.

Calling it eight "modes" would have been better (five constant and three special modes even better). But I'm glad they stuck with the same setup in any case.

carpecervisi

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, well at least right now, Going Gear has it on 'Black Friday' sale for $250! That is $30 less than I got mine for on ebay and it's the 3800lm version. Happy Thanksgiving. ;-)

Why not go with Illumination Supply for $195? Mine will be here tomorrow, can't wait!!

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to myself...but am no longer on their mail list and cannot find the discount code anywhere..Anyone??

Hi Verndog,

I tried to reply to your PM earlier this morning, but your mailbox was full.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
But it sounds like there is a white display readout. IS has not been shipping those, have they? Is GoingGear offering the new display models?

Looks like GoingGear is going to be shipping with the white display. My light from IS has a blue display but still has the XM-L2's... but it was also $30 cheaper (for me, because I live in CA and had to pay tax), so I wasn't really bothered by having a white or blue screen.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Got it straightened out...sorry about that. I got the needed info but looks like they are now on backorder with IS.

Ah. Well, if you can't wait, GoingGear is still selling them for $250, which is still a killer deal.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know what that little piece of string that comes with the accessories is for? I'm sure it's something obvious and I'm going to look like a moron for asking, but I can't figure it out. lol.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what that little piece of string that comes with the accessories is for? I'm sure it's something obvious and I'm going to look like a moron for asking, but I can't figure it out. lol.
It's for the lanyard. I honestly wonder how strong it would be.

JB

Enlightened
Got it straightened out...sorry about that. I got the needed info but looks like they are now on backorder with IS.
I placed my order with IS yesterday and did notice it said "backordered". However, today I received a shipping notice from IS.