Shot Show 2014 video, thanks to Going Gear

0:00-0:39 - cute girl
2:53-4:17 - SR52
4:18-6:00 - SR Mini
8:27-8:58 - cute girl part 2

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
She just said the SR Mini is using 3 xp-g2... that can't be right can it? 2600 lumens with 3 xp-g2 would be about 866 lumens per xp-g2. Can a single xp-g2 even output that much? She must have meant 3 xm-l2 right? That's what it says on that pic above (scroll up).

And I'm honestly wondering if it will truly get past 200 meters as listed. The light doesn't really even have a reflector to speak of and they are putting more diffusion right over the leds.

I'm wondering about step down too. It's close to 300 grams which means it is decently thick but 2600 lumens is still going to heat it up pretty quickly if it isn't really cold outside or with no air movement.

I REALLY want to see good quality outdoor beamshots of that light. I wonder what angle of spill it has. It has a crazy bezel on it now too apparently. I don't understand why they can't put a mode in between 500 and 2600 either. If they could have a 1000 lumen mode that doesn't step down that would be amazing. I guess you can't have everything though.

---- All the lights they showed are pretty awesome. There is some really cool stuff coming from Fenix and Olight from what I've seen. Not everything is super generic either with just more output. Fenix is finally getting a crazy thrower/self contained bike lights and Olight is getting stuff like these including super stubby pocket monsters.

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah shes alright, at least she would understand where all the money was going !

lovin that srmini even more now.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah like I said above the SR Mini is definitely one of the most unique offerings from any company in the near future. I wonder if that crazy steel bezel will reflect too much light back into the users eyes though. I assume a lot of light is going to come out of that thing at a crazy wide angle since there really is no reflector.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
These new lights look nice. I also like the style of the chargers and the blue battery wrappers. The SR52 and SRmini look like they would have a nice size/feel in hand.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I think so far olight have me the most interested with their new lights,being honest there is only the fenik tk61 and nitecore tm36 of other brands i will probably get.The business end of that sr52 looks very nice,as said looks a great size in the hand similar to the tk51 size.The SRmini looks really appealing too:D

Thanks for the vid gopagti:D

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how easy it would be to mod the SR52 or have an educated guess? I ask because I really dig the style and size of it but can't stand cool white. In addition, I wonder how easy it would be to access the emitter to swap it out for a de-domed XM-L2 on copper Noctigon or Sinkpad and then to increase the current to 6 or 6.5 amps. If that type of mod is doable this thing would be comparable in throw and lumens to a stock TN32.

Lumenhead

Newly Enlightened
I think there is a mistake in there in regards to the R26 Falcon. It lists 129,600 candela but only 210 meters of throw. The SR95 has the same listed candela and 720 meters of throw. These numbers are repeated in the summery spreadsheet grid at the end as well. I'd like to see what the deal is here.

-- Adam
I was wondering the same thing! Can't be possible.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how easy it would be to mod the SR52 or have an educated guess? I ask because I really dig the style and size of it but can't stand cool white. In addition, I wonder how easy it would be to access the emitter to swap it out for a de-domed XM-L2 on copper Noctigon or Sinkpad and then to increase the current to 6 or 6.5 amps. If that type of mod is doable this thing would be comparable in throw and lumens to a stock TN32.

As I mentioned, I swapped in an XM-L2, de-domed, into my SR51. It was a dream to work with. The only problem i had, was after i put in the thermal paste and pill, its a *$&% to get the pill hot enough to wet the solder. I didn't try to up the current so i don't know how difficult that would be or how accessible the driver is.

[EDIT] I swapped the LED several times as i tried to nail down a tint i liked, so the pill didn't end up what i'd call "pretty." Interestingly its a square pill and has screw brackets holding it in.
-- Adam

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I mentioned, I swapped in an XM-L2, de-domed, into my SR51. It was a dream to work with. The only problem i had, was after i put in the thermal paste and pill, its a *$&% to get the pill hot enough to wet the solder. I didn't try to up the current so i don't know how difficult that would be or how accessible the driver is.

[EDIT] I swapped the LED several times as i tried to nail down a tint i liked, so the pill didn't end up what i'd call "pretty." Interestingly its a square pill and has screw brackets holding it in.
-- Adam

Ok, thanks for the info. Eagletac's MCPCB is square on their bigger lights, too.

tonkem

Enlightened
Fenix TK75 or Olight SR52? Wanting a throw light, but not sure I want such a large light in the Fenix and not sure of the "quality of Fenix" versus Olight. I currently have Surefires, Elzetta, Zebralight and Lupine lights. Any comments? I know the SR52 is not out yet, but I have been looking at the TK75 for a while. But I wonder if I would just get the SR52 when it comes out and release the TK75 in the used market? might be worth just waiting for the SR52.....

ven

Flashaholic
Fenix TK75 or Olight SR52? Wanting a throw light, but not sure I want such a large light in the Fenix and not sure of the "quality of Fenix" versus Olight. I currently have Surefires, Elzetta, Zebralight and Lupine lights. Any comments? I know the SR52 is not out yet, but I have been looking at the TK75 for a while. But I wonder if I would just get the SR52 when it comes out and release the TK75 in the used market? might be worth just waiting for the SR52.....

Hi there tonkem,tbh i dont think its a case of fenix tk75 or olight sr52 as completely different lights,as you know the fenix is a good all-round light for throw/flood and with 2900lm compared to 1200lm of the sr52.
The tk61 which will be out over the next month maybe another "throw" alternative to throw into the mix:D

I think you need both:D

tonkem

Enlightened
Being that I have the Lupine Betty TL-S at 2600 lumens but all flood as well as the Zebralight S6330 as well lots of flood. I was looking at a light that would throw a bit better then those above, but don't want a large light like the Sr95 and prefer smaller lights. Seems the SR52 would be a good for for those criteria. I have the near field flood handled with the Lupine. :)

380long

Newly Enlightened
Any word on the SR Mini release date? I "NEED" a new flashlight and this one has my name on it.

Chenery88

Newly Enlightened
Looking forward to this release....and the first review to confirm the manufacturers claims...if I hadn't just pulled the trigger on the SX25L2 I would be very tempted...love my SR51 but with the 3.5 hour runtime at max it would be a worthy upgrade
:popcorn:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please be aware that the SR Mini's turbo is only momentary!! That means that one has too keep pressing the button to activate turbo, so when you let go I guess it would return to either 1200 lumens or some other modes.

Latest posts