*new* Olight SR52 - 1200lumens max.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please be aware that the SR Mini's turbo is only momentary!! That means that one has too keep pressing the button to activate turbo, so when you let go I guess it would return to either 1200 lumens or some other modes.

I hope our members realise that Turbo is only available on the Olight Mini whilst holding the button down before they buy this light.

I imagine they have done that to stop too much heat building up in such a small package.

I wonder if it has any sort of stepdown or thermal controls in that tiny body.

CHEERS

kj2

Flashaholic
Please be aware that the SR Mini's turbo is only momentary!! That means that one has too keep pressing the button to activate turbo, so when you let go I guess it would return to either 1200 lumens or some other modes.

I hope our members realise that Turbo is only available on the Olight Mini whilst holding the button down before they buy this light.

I imagine they have done that to stop too much heat building up in such a small package.

I wonder if it has any sort of stepdown or thermal controls in that tiny body.

CHEERS

Please discuss this in Olight SR Mini thread, and not in SR52 thread.

Mozzielight

Newly Enlightened
got two pictures from my friend

7ca50071c853bdcb5364a06ec629078a

aafcd0662398a4b5c5937ff9716c7fc7

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope Olight change the bezel on the Olight Mini from two prongs to at least three so that it can stand on it's head if need be.

What were they thinking?

CHEERS

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope Olight change the bezel on the Olight Mini from two prongs to at least three so that it can stand on it's head if need be.

What were they thinking?

CHEERS

To save costs maybe? Or for the sake being unique? Design a bit impractical I think.

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: *new* Olight SR52 - sneak peek

I noticed that Olight has changed the switch(-cover). Also the power indicator is now located next to the charging-port.

e9ahp4.png

(From Olight 2014 catalog)
huj2ur.jpg
308z32v.jpg

(From Olight website)

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
6yhadara.jpg

Received mine, modded by Vinh, yesterday. I noticed on my sample, the battery-tube isn't the same thickness on all places. You can see here at the left, it's thinner than on the right.

ven

Flashaholic
Not actually checked mine, tbh i think it effects all brands like fenix/nitecore etc ..........well pretty much most Chinese lights QC is a little hit/miss at times. However i have noticed its button top only(i know this was from the off) but another member had an sr52 with higher + contacts for flat top also. No biggie to me as already had some efest 3400 button tops at the ready;)

ven

Flashaholic
Looked at my pics.........:laughing: exactly the same

Some other pics
Beam pic

De-domed as with kj2:D

Great SR couple:D

Overall its an awesome light,love the size/form factor,USB charge option,user friendly UI .............just a superb flashlight. Then made better by de-doming and boost for around 255kcd.

kj2

Flashaholic
Yeah, from what I could see yesterday-evening, I like this SR52vn :D -hope I can compare it with my TK61, tonight. Maybe shoot photos, don't know for sure at the moment.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried my new SR52 against my stock Fenix TK75 and my stock Thrunite TN31.

The SR52 definitely threw further with less spill than the TK75.

The SR52 has the same throw as the TN31 but the SR52 has a little bit bigger spot diameter to cover more area at the end of the beam.

Both are cool white.

I am waiting for Vin's SR52VN as it will probably throw a lot better again with de-doming and a current boost.

I really like the "no fuss" battery charging done with the USB connection although I like the Supbeam magnetic connector in some ways too.

I will probably take the batteries out occasionally and check the charge voltage in my Soshine SC-S7 universal charger as it displays the charge condition on a LCD screen.

CHEERS

Last edited: