NEW PD30 R2!!!!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they look way better. The originals are good, but they are plain Jayne. These remind me more of a surefire kind of look, plus the clip is removable so im fine with that.

I have a P3D CE i gave away, a P3D Q5, PD30 Q5 and when these PD30+ come out im going to get one of those, extra lumens is always welcome and a new design is really nice too.

Any word if this light will have the more durable square threading?

All valid points! :thumbsup:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they are taking some ideas from the Quark series. Looks like a nice light, will look forward to the reviews.

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I have a PD20 and like it, but wanted a light which could take a 18650. I ended up getting a Trustfire TR-801, which I'm planning to mod a bit.

Winford

Newly Enlightened
New PD30+ you bet and I am the guy who just got the regular 30 3 weeks ago. Did the pre-order thing on Tuesday from Sevens with no regretts. Size, weight, power... don,t get me wrong, I have several high end tacticals but usage per gram they are tough to beat.

I would rather get it right than be right.

kurni

Enlightened
Seems like Fenix is usually an emitter behind the other guys.

R2 for the others, Q5 for Fenix. XP-G for the others, R2 for Fenix.
They must have pretty thorough testing procedures, or something.

I'm a sceptic - I'm guessing Fenix is waiting for the emitters to get cheaper :p

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
As i recall, they did not wait too long to get Q5 did they?

Yeh I think your right and they really have not been that behind I don't think, of my two Jetbeam light's an R2 and Q5 the Q5 actually appears brighter. Then their is also the tint which I have always liked Q5 better than R2.

So I don't think their really behind in emitter technology especially in the PD30 size lights. As long as they don't wait to long for the next upgrade after some of these other brands release new emitters anyway.

BaldOldWhiteGuy

Newly Enlightened
I feel kind of sorry for the guys who just got the old PD30 in the last few weeks lol this happens every time. glad i have had mine for some time now. time for an upgrade! now i will have three P3D Rebel,PD30 Q5,PD30 R2 i sure hope the power goes out again soon.

Guys like me...(heavy sigh). That's OK, I still love it. Now I want the new one though!