New Professional's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candlepower Spotlight

liteitup

Newly Enlightened
+1 about what an excellent and highly useful light the Stanley is. :) I was just stating my opinions on the two lights since I own both of them, and if I could only have one or the other I would go with the Pro's Favorite and probably wouldn't really miss the Stanley due to how I prefer extreme throw. It is very true that the Stanley has a wider corona and more light output than the Pro's Favorite, which can make it a much more useful and practical light for closer range use. Its small size is another big plus in its favor. I love my Stanley HID, and do highly recommend it. Glad to hear you are happy with yours, liteitup.

love my stanley :) just not the 8k color so much...

And dont get me wrong about the PF light. I am seriously just trying to hold myself back right now from buying one and throwing a 55watt hid to it... with a lipo pack and an led back lit voltmeter... Some of those lights look just so good modded... J

ust because the stanley is more useful for what i use it for doesnt mean i dont want something that throws like a laser just to impress ppl with... lol

Like i said, 2 awesome lights, two different uses. Can a CPF member ever truly be happy???? the answer is no haha..

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey BlueBeam22 I've recently located this light of yours in our local Repco Auto Spares store, I was in an awful hurry so I didn't notice either the branding nor price... nevertheless it's now available downunder for anyone who's interested! :thumbsup:

ledspotlighthybrid.jpg

Last edited:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey BlueBeam22-I have a question as well.I was at a Cabelas sporting goods store yesterday and saw a twin beam 100 watt spotlight rated at 20M CP.

It had a very shallow reflector and didn't look like it would throw very well but I'm sure it would put out a lot of spill.Are you (or anyone else) familiar with this light???

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Hey BlueBeam22-I have a question as well.I was at a Cabelas sporting goods store yesterday and saw a twin beam 100 watt spotlight rated at 20M CP.

It had a very shallow reflector and didn't look like it would throw very well but I'm sure it would put out a lot of spill.Are you (or anyone else) familiar with this light???

I know of that light, but I have never had experience with one. It's one that I have often considered getting, though. It is likely that it will have tremendous light output and very good throw, however it won't throw as well as large reflectored lights like the Pro's Favorite and certainly won't compete with the big HIDs like the SunForce 25MCP and Ti Mega Illuminator. It does however look like a nice light.

RBH

Newly Enlightened
BlueBeam

How long will the stanley hid,and the pro's favorite run on a full charge? Will they stay charged during periods of non use?

thanks, Bruce

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
BlueBeam

How long will the stanley hid,and the pro's favorite run on a full charge? Will they stay charged during periods of non use?

thanks, Bruce

Thanks for your question!

The Stanley HID will run for 30 minutes or a little less at full brightness, and then abruptly shut off. The Pro's Favorite should give around 15-20 minutes at full brightness, and will then gradually dim for another 20 or 30 minutes before going out. So the Stanley HID has a longer runtime at 100% brightness, whereas the Pro's Favorite has an overall longer runtime but dims.

Out of these two, I prefer the Pro's Favorite 20+MCP for its incredible throw.

Both lights use sealed lead acid batteries, and will lose charge over time. All you have to do is fully charge them every few weeks and that will keep their batteries nearly full at all times.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both lights use sealed lead acid batteries, and will lose charge over time. All you have to do is fully charge them every few weeks and that will keep their batteries nearly full at all times.

Both of the big Pro's Favourites make great 12v standby power sources too, last power outage whilst everybody else was staring at candles (OR running around with $2 torches) we were watching a new release on the portable DVD player :D

bocky75

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone..Just joined today after searching for some info on my professionals Favorite 17.5 mcp spotlight.Its about 1-2 years old.I bought it at an Advance Auto store.I used it mostly for hunting and work.I really havent used it alot,and now it seems I cannot charge it.I bought a charger at radio Shack but it doesnt seem to want to charge either.I think I lost my Truck charger for it.Any ideas?..could the battery have gone bad?...Anyone know how to contact Professionals Favorite?...Thanks for any help..Bocky.

PS..this looks like a pretty cool forum

Kubbie

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone..Just joined today after searching for some info on my professionals Favorite 17.5 mcp spotlight.Its about 1-2 years old.I bought it at an Advance Auto store.I used it mostly for hunting and work.I really havent used it alot,and now it seems I cannot charge it.I bought a charger at radio Shack but it doesnt seem to want to charge either.I think I lost my Truck charger for it.Any ideas?..could the battery have gone bad?...Anyone know how to contact Professionals Favorite?...Thanks for any help..Bocky.

PS..this looks like a pretty cool forum

Since you mentioned you don't use it much, your probably let it discharge and let it sit discharged for some time. It has a sealed lead acid battery, and will get sulfation build-up without a periodic maintenance charging.

Learn some more here on SLA's

I don't have info where to find a specific replacement battery though.

mataobhz

Newly Enlightened
I just bought this light from Advance Auto Parts. It is one of the most powerful spotlights I have ever held, and to my knowledge is very likely to be the new longest throwing Incandescent spotlight on the market. I am very pleased with it!

This light uses a 12V 120W/60W H4 Halogen bulb, and a 12V 7ah SLA battery. It comes with both AC and DC adaptors. It also has LED lights on the bezel that can be activated with a different switch than the one that controls the main beam.

I will post beamshots of it tonight if it is not raining. Here are some pictures I took of the light itself.

8newi.jpg

8newiii.jpg

10newi.jpg

10newii.jpg

8newii-1.jpg

10newiii.jpg

buckykattnj

Newly Enlightened
Good to see some enthusiasts for this flashlight. I bought the 17.5 mil version about a year ago... and while I didn't use it much, it looks like the AC adapter died.

I'd like to assume that I was using the proper AC adapter, but even so, if someone can read me the specs off the back of the adapter, I'd be deeply in your debt, so I can purchase a proper replacement adapter.

What makes things odder is that the plug in says AC adapter, so I' not even certain if it takes DC in or AC... though I'm fairly sure its DC. I can't imagine they would expect us to carry around a transformer unnecessarily.

So, any specs will be great... or even a photo of the back of the adapter. Thanks.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
if someone can read me the specs off the back of the adapter, I'd be deeply in your debt, so I can purchase a proper replacement adapter.

While I don't have the Professional's Favorite spotlight, I do have a peak PKCOTH 10 million CP halogen spotlight that has the exact same body and battery. The only differences are the bezel, reflector, and bulb. The charge port is labeled as "Charging Port" on mine though, not "AC Adapter."

The AC adapter that came with my light has 12 V-DC output at 300 mA. You might want to do what I did and just buy a simple peak detecting 12 V-DC SLA battery charger and then adapt the plug to fit the socket on your spotlight. I use this one to charge all my SLA batteries in my spotlights and in my home audio system:

http://www.batteryspace.com/leadacidsmartcharger08afor12vleadacidbatterywith3stagesfloating.aspx

As I wrote in my review on the above page, I've been using that charger for about two years now without any problems whatsoever. For your spotlight, you'll just have to replace the stock alligator plugs with a size M female plug. I bought mine from Radio Shack, part number 274-1569:

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=274-1569&origkw=274-1569&sr=1

That same size plug works for my Sunforce 2996HID spotlight's charge socket too.

Last edited:

Auzivision

Newly Enlightened
Autocraft 20 Million Candle Power Spotlight@$40

Advance Auto Parts has the Autocraft 20 Million Candle Power Spotlight (which appears to be exaclty the same as the PF) for $60 - $20 off with coupon code ES123 = $40 with free in-store pickup or $12 shipping. I odered mine online and when I went to the store it ended up being a PF exactly like the one in the OP.

[link removed - DM51]

Not for sale in CA. Features high beam, low beam, LED area light, and 12V + USB outlet sockets to function as a portable power supply.

Last edited by a moderator:

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: Autocraft 20 Million Candle Power Spotlight@$40

Welcome to CPF, Auzivision.

We have a sub-forum in CPFMarketPlace called Good Deals, where offers such as that can be posted. Please by all means post it there. Here, it looks too much like advertising, so I'm removing the link from your post.

Auzivision

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the inapropriate link. I don't have any affiliation with Advanced Auto Parts... and it's pretty much a given that they are the ones who sell these lights.

I don't know if $40 is a good deal or not and really these online AA coupons are on again off again all the time.

Anyhow, I tried posting to CPF market place and it appears like I need to register again? Thanks for the tip!

DM51

Flashaholic
Yes, I'm afraid you''l need to register there too. It's a nuisance for everyone, but it helps keep spammers out. If you saw how many spammers we catch this way, you'd be amazed!

Back on topic, it's always worth posting a good deal there - you never know, it may be just what someone is looking for.

Auzivision

Newly Enlightened
I thought i regesisterd correctly but I'm still getting denied access. No biggie, but I would like to mention the deal is even beter now.

Using coupon code: BIG25 you can get $25 off of $60. The light is $59.99 so you'll need a filler. I typiclly add a cotter pin for around a quarter to push me over the hump.

Tuchmajic

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Professional's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candle Power Spotlight at Advance Auto Parts, and have since misplaced the AC Charger cord. The owners manual said that replacement parts are available at my local Advance Auto Parts store. I called the store, and they said they didn't carry replacement parts. I searched for Professional's Favorite's web site, and it seems to no longer exsist. Where can I get an AC Charger cord ? Any help would be deeply appreciated. [email protected]

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I get an AC Charger cord ?

If this light uses a typical 12 volt sealed lead acid battery like almost all spotlights do, then I'd suggest just getting a regular 12 volt battery charger and adapting its plug to fit the socket on your spotlight. That's what I did and thus I never use the chargers that came with any of my lights.

This is the charger that I use for all my spotlights and any other 12 volt SLA battery that I have:

http://www.batteryspace.com/leadacidsmartcharger08afor12vleadacidbatterywith3stagesfloating.aspx

Unlike the chargers that come with most spotlights, the one above will not overcharge the battery.