New Surefire E2DL 200 LUMENS?!?!

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
Not sure. I'm just hoping a "new" E1B comes out soon with the 110 OTF lumens.

Yes, that would be great, but if we can figure this out NOW I can unload my current E1B before the not-so-smart-shoppers figure out what's coming down the pike!

Hero

Newly Enlightened
Is there a resource anywhere that would tell me the manufacture date of my E2DL by its serial number? I just bought it, but it was a display model at the store so I'm curious as to how old it is.

With this potentially new lumen output E2DL model out, I'm considering returning the one I just bought while it's still within the return policy.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a resource anywhere that would tell me the manufacture date of my E2DL by its serial number?

SureFire serial numbers are generally not very useful for establishing a date of manufacture, or any kind of chronology.

Regards,
Tempest

samalw

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone confirmed that Surefire actually increased the output or just remeasured and relabeled the E2DL? What changed? Marketing ploy or physical change of LED? :candle:

xpawel18x

Newly Enlightened
Is there a resource anywhere that would tell me the manufacture date of my E2DL by its serial number? I just bought it, but it was a display model at the store so I'm curious as to how old it is.

With this potentially new lumen output E2DL model out, I'm considering returning the one I just bought while it's still within the return policy.

I believe the manufacture date of the light is on the front page of the little manual that comes with the light.

MKLight

Enlightened
Not sure. I'm just hoping a "new" E1B comes out soon with the 110 OTF lumens.

Yes, that would be great, but if we can figure this out NOW I can unload my current E1B before the not-so-smart-shoppers figure out what's coming down the pike!

I just got an e1b on sale for $99.99 at lapolicegear.com...haven't opened it yet. Do you think I should send it back and wait for the new model. I am interested in the LX1...and probably the new e1b. Its not like I have to have the e1b right now...BTW, I got the silver one.

Thanks!
MK

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Anyway, I kinda feel this is not fair. All the folks who bought a 120 lumen E2DL for $149 and now there's a new one with 200 lumens for the same price.:thumbsdow

It's just like Apple computer, I remember when I got my iphone... "oh sweet, an iphone, it does this, that, and the other thing. What? The iphone 3g came out the next week??? DAMN YOU APPLE!!!!!!!"

Dan FO

Enlightened

MKLight

Enlightened
To the best of my knowledge the E2DL has always put out over 200 lumens, somewhere on CPF someone with an IS tested one about a year ago and it put out 208-209 lumens.

OK, found it from last February in an actual Integrating Sphere https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2849490&postcount=62

E1B was tested over a year ago at 113 lumens in an actual Integrating Sphere https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2572733&postcount=1

Don't waste your money buying new lights, they are already there. ;)

Thanks for the info and link Dan! :twothumbs!

pomiata95

Newly Enlightened
I just got an e1b on sale for $99.99 at lapolicegear.com...haven't opened it yet. Do you think I should send it back and wait for the new model. I am interested in the LX1...and probably the new e1b. Its not like I have to have the e1b right now...BTW, I got the silver one.

Thanks!
MK
then you 'll pay for restocking free.i have don it before .

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been about three posts that explain the increase of claimed lumens. And to a large part these have been ignored while the incorrect ones have been taken as fact.
The increse in the spec is due to the recent CONSISTANT availability of higher bin LEDs. SF was likely still getting a mix of a few Q2's and maybe even P4's in the initial production of the E2DL - it HAS been out for a while! I had one myself (not 200L!) a long time ago. Lately they have confirmed (to themselves) that they are RELIABLY getting higher bins through testing that they all now meet 200L. The one tested by MrGman in his IS was over 200L, but even he later said it was brighter than others he saw, and other people tested E2DLs at 160-ish lumens. Lately they are testing higher on AVERAGE, and it is due to better bins in ALL of them, not just a few anamalous ones.

It is more likely than not that a new E2DL will be brighter than an old (more than several months old) E2DL.

You CAN NOT rely on what a random SF customer service person tells you. If they were always right, the new KX3 has a P60 module and SF would release product as promised instead of 9 months to 2 years later.
Has anyone confirmed that Surefire actually increased the output or just remeasured and relabeled the E2DL? What changed? Marketing ploy or physical change of LED?

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened
so, is the simple sum-up here true--you can get LX2 Lumamax equivalent performance from the new E2DL for $50 cheaper?

xpawel18x

Newly Enlightened
and you could have got it maybe 6 months before the LX2 came out..

This is true, I first had a "120 lumen" E2DL. But then the LX2 came out claiming 200L, so I was like "hmm...i have to get it because its even brighter than my e2dl", and then i got the lx2 and i was like "hmm...my e2dl seems to be just as bright, oh well" :twothumbs