*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the pics. I dont see any obvious tint difference in the reflector

If possible could you repost the beamshot with Both the TiS and the TPlus on HIGH
You have come through like no one else in this thread, much appreciated, despite the ridiculous number of Trolls in this thread. Ignore the Haters.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long can it actually hold the 300 lumen output? Another member posted a 30 min steady decline to the 75 lumen middle mode. I have a 125 lumen Titan on order. If the T plus can do the 300 for atleast 5-10 min I may get it too.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
120 lumens on the left, 300 lumens on the right
Thanks!

How long can it actually hold the 300 lumen output?

Im waiting for independent confirmation that the light actually makes 300 lumens. Im not sure the beam on the right look 2.5 times Brighterthan the one on the left.

The Surefire does have a much more diffused beam, and warmer tint than the XP-G2 Thrunite.

Last edited:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will not look 2.5 times brighter.
You need quadruple the lumens to make a light appear twice as bright.
So, 300 lumens appears twice as bright as 75 lumens, assuming same beam characteristics.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my replacement Titan-A after having mode switching issues, flicker and then later failing to stay on. Got the replacemnt in a new package nd new battery. So far mode switching seems fine. No issues like previous unit.

Have not tested waterproofing yet. Maybe later if I can find the courage to do so :p

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
A key chain light is going to get dropped in snow and puddles.

Did you pay for shipping or SF cover that?

These details will add up IMO, part and parcel.
They weigh on me and my decision on it.

If none can answer that clear or find it offensive, I will edit it.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
A key chain light is going to get dropped in snow and puddles.

Did you pay for shipping or SF cover that?

These details will add up IMO, part and parcel.
They weigh on me and my decision on it.

If none can answer that clear or find it offensive, I will edit it.

Just tested it in a big bowl of water for about 10 minutes. No water ingress though. Whew! That's a relief. If it fails again I will be depressed. :p

I did not pay anything actually. My local dealer sent a runner to my place to take the defective unit. They helped me get a new one from SureFire since they do not have any in store. They will only bring it in upon customer order. After more than a month of waiting they got their runner to deliver it to me today. I did not pay a single cent. Had to wait a long time though.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers for the service from your dealer.
Thank you for the informal dunk test as well, courageous.
+1
Though, that shouldn't be nail biting honestly, it should just be.

Edit good grief, I'm sorry, this is same light but wrong model, same o ring emitter thing though.
Scuse me.

Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers for the service from your dealer.
Thank you for the informal dunk test as well, courageous.
+1
Though, that shouldn't be nail biting honestly, it should just be.

Edit good grief, I'm sorry, this is same light but wrong model, same o ring emitter thing though.
Scuse me.

Haha, no problem. :)

Design should be somewhat similar to Titan Plus I think.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Titan today. As far as I can tell, I got a good one. No issues. No flickering. Well centered led. No battery fitment problems. Nice cool tint. No pinched o-ring or sealant issues. The beam seems to have a somewhat defined hotspot in the flood beam. It has a little more throw than the other two Titans I handled. Not alot but noticeable. No complaints with this Titan.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Titan survived a very wet day today. I spent around 8 hours in the woods and it rained on me several times. My clothes were completely soaked along with the pocket my Titan/keys were in. No problems or any sign of water ingress. Even when when it was not raining, the cloth pockets held a lot of wetness in close proximity to the light. I don't know if it can handle being totally submersed or not, but Im not gonna find out on purpose. The level of waterproofness is impressive to say the least.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
My Titan survived a very wet day today. I spent around 8 hours in the woods and it rained on me several times. My clothes were completely soaked along with the pocket my Titan/keys were in. No problems or any sign of water ingress. Even when when it was not raining, the cloth pockets held a lot of wetness in close proximity to the light. I don't know if it can handle being totally submersed or not, but Im not gonna find out on purpose. The level of waterproofness is impressive to say the least.

That is good to hear. Thanks for the field use report.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, an update on my two Titan-A's. Now the earlier purchased light with the battery tube insert will almost never go to low mode, just like the other one. I haven't used these lights much, kept one on the nightstand and another in a jacket pocket. I've detailed my earlier problems with the second light ad nauseum on this thread.

These lights continue to work fine on high, they just don't seem to want to go to low mode unless you really fiddle with them and get lucky.

At least now they both work the same I suppose...:shakehead

Hopefully the later production units are working better.

Not bashing SF, just reporting my user experience with a sample size of only two.

Latest posts