*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect the G&A specs are wrong. It's likely run on 10440....

Yes, please let that be it. Or let it have a usb port or something that makes this easy for me. I've been surefire free since 2013.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the video I thought the Titan Plus is going to be titanium and I was so excited until I read nickel plated brass body. I sure hope the nickel plating is tough enough to resist all the scratches in my pocket.

The UM2 is bloody nice looking though. I hope it comes to fruition.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brass, wow. Mind linking any of these sources you guys are reading titan plus info from, or seeing other pics like the ones we have here of the Al titan?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brass, wow. Mind linking any of these sources you guys are reading titan plus info from, or seeing other pics like the ones we have here of the Al titan?
It's in the video link above posted by Casun. Go watch it. Interesting. There's also a P3X Fury replacement that takes 3 CR123 or 2 AA and its designated the PMX. Design looks similar to P3X though.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
What grabbed me in that video (besides all the other neat lights) was the Titan Plus using a detachable keyring endcap, which would sure be handy. I wonder if they're getting that 300 lumen high on the Plus version by using a 10440? Maybe I'm wrong, but seems to me that nickle-plated brass would be an excellent material for getting rid of heat for the Plus version, certainly better than titanium.

If the past is any indication, we will have a LONG time to ponder these new lights before their actual release, but I must admit, both of these AAA beauties have certainly caught my attention.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Titan Plus will need to be run on an Eneloop to hit full output. The weapon light will hit its mark with lithium or Alkaline AAAs. It seems that the Eneloops don't hold up as well under recoil (at least for now)

The run times won't be directly comparable between the Titan-A and Titan Plus. In addition to the difference in high output, they use different electronics and will have different types of discharge curves.

The Titan-A should be out pretty quick.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
In terms of the aesthetics, the Titan A did not catch my attention as much as the Titan Plus. I don't need the added lumens, just give me the output and runtime of the Titan A built on the Titan Plus design and I am all sold. However, I will still wait for the Titan Plus just because I like the looks of it.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Titan Plus will need to be run on an Eneloop to hit full output. The weapon light will hit its mark with lithium or Alkaline AAAs. It seems that the Eneloops don't hold up as well under recoil (at least for now)

The run times won't be directly comparable between the Titan-A and Titan Plus. In addition to the difference in high output, they use different electronics and will have different types of discharge curves.

300 lumens out of one AAA eneloop is wow! Wonder if it can run on a 10440...
Can't wait for Titan-A!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ha! New it. Any confirmation of Lithium Primary on the titan?

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any news as to whether or not it will feature a glass lens?

Any CPF members attending SHOT show, do they have this light on display? If so, can you post some real-life photos of it?

Aperture

Newly Enlightened
Ok, more confusing specs from Surefire in the 2015 catalogue:
http://www.surefire.com/media/wysiwyg/main_site_pdfs/2015_Full_Line_Catalog_ps.pdf

Both models do 2 hours on 15 lumen which makes sense, on high however things get weird as the Titan (product code Titan-A) does 125 lumen for 30 minutes and the Titan Plus (product code Titan-B) does 300 lumen for 1 hour so more than twice the output with twice the runtime?!?!?

Last edited:

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both models do 2 hours on 15 lumen which makes sense, on high however things get weird as the Titan (product code Titan-A) does 125 lumen for 30 minutes and the Titan Plus (product code Titan-B) does 300 lumen for 1 hour so more than twice the output with twice the runtime?!?!?
Step-down regulation.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
For anyone who is attending SHOT, could you confirm the UI. Is it twist for low and twist farther for high or is it twist then off then twist again for high.

Also, at least for me personally the Prometheus Beta QR is going to be direct competition for this light. Currently one holds a spot on my Keychain and this may knock it off if the Ultra version is priced at a figure I am willing to pay.

Last edited:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Step-down regulation.

Exactly. The 125 lumen will have a fairly flat discharge curve and drop fast at the end. The 300 lumen version will step down earlier.

Someone asked for a photo. Here's a shot of the two new Titans alongside one of my T1A Titans. (From here)

DSCF3730-800x543.jpg

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly. The 125 lumen will have a fairly flat discharge curve and drop fast at the end. The 300 lumen version will step down earlier.

Someone asked for a photo. Here's a shot of the two new Titans alongside one of my T1A Titans. (From here)

DSCF3730-800x543.jpg

Nice! So umm what is the price on the Titan Plus?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, more confusing specs from Surefire in the 2015 catalogue:
http://www.surefire.com/media/wysiwyg/main_site_pdfs/2015_Full_Line_Catalog_ps.pdf

The info about it being brass, nickel plated is here above btw.

Weird about 300l & what's obvious.y a misprint about run times Vs the normal non plus Titan in the pdf, but I don't care. Re progressive twist vs. twist on twist off cycle thru, it could be interpreted either way. The way they STATE it, sounds mor like cycle through, "repeatedly", but could go either way. I hope progressive.

Latest posts