New Wildcat vs the V6 Wildcat differences?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I don't have a V5. That's the one with the huge emitter and nothing but a wall of light right?

CHNeal

Enlightened
@thermal guy
Have you run your wildcat with the diffuser from the hound dog yet? If not give it a shot. Keeps the same amount ( or very close) to the throw as without any film but really cleans up the beam and enlarges the hotspot.
It's either super floody Hound Dog or a real throwy Wildcat. It's also what I think will be the perfect trail light for me. I liked it so much I just ordered another wildcat head ( my wife wants hers back) and both the 1 and 5 degree diffusers from Gene. I ordered both because I'm not sure what Hound Dog shipped with. I'm guessing the 5 but for 6 bucks why not…
I was also very pleased with the 20 degree form the wildcat on my Hound Dog as a back yard lighter for the Mrs until I give her the Wildcat back.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I haven't tried that no. To be honest just Plain no defused at all on my wildcat is perfect for me. Absolutely love it.

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
I haven't tried that no. To be honest just Plain no defused at all on my wildcat is perfect for me. Absolutely love it.

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. I tried all the diffusers from both my hound dog and wildcat and swapped them all around, but I still prefer both the hound dog and wildcat with no diffusers.

I originally bought the wildcat to put in my truck but after I took out the diffuser and put it on the 21700 body, it goes with me everywhere now.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya same here it like a M91T on steroids. I have other Malkoff's for really floody stuff And use this for my walks and car duty.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a Wildcat V4 on Ebay. But looks like Vinh got a hold of it and turned it into a triple. lol

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Really? Huh didn't see that😂😂😂 ya that's a V4. I actually use one for my bedside light. The low is great for getting around the house with. The 3 reflector one with no diffuser is V2. V3 is same as 4 but not as bright, but not by much

CHNeal

Enlightened
Ya same here it like a M91T on steroids.
That's what I like about it. It bridges the gap between the M91T and the Hound Dog and the lighter diffuser just cleans it up a bit. New one inbound to me now and sold the Hound Dog last night. Probably going to off load a M91T or two as well after a week or two shaking this light down. I see it as the perfect meet all my needs light and will standardize on the wildcat/diffuser/MD3 combo as my walk and utility light. My Bodyguard V2 handles my SD needs and the Eiger fills the pocket slot. All wrapped up nice and tidy!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
A8FC67A8-9A91-4126-8A03-519283C7E22A.jpeg

Got my neutral 18650 WC yest. I like it!! This is with diffuser on. I tried it with no diffuser, agree with M91T on steroids lol.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Nothing sneaking up on you when you got that in your hands😁 how far is that fence?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Nothing sneaking up on you when you got that in your hands😁 how far is that fence?
The back fence is approx 200ft give it take 10ft. I'm liking this WC. It has perfect reach for my yard. Love this flooder! Great tint too. I also appreciate the 50ish lumen low too. It's actually useful outside and not too dim.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The back fence is approx 200ft give it take 10ft. I'm liking this WC. It has perfect reach for my yard. Love this flooder! Great tint too. I also appreciate the 50ish lumen low too. It's actually useful outside and not too dim.
I've been using an M91BN (5000K) for my night time dog walking light these days. I tried it with an 18650 and I was underwhelmed with the low beam (it's usually in an MD3 with 3x123's). The wildcat sounds like a viable alternative, although I really like the MD3 length.

CHNeal

Enlightened
I r
I've been using an M91BN (5000K) for my night time dog walking light these days. I tried it with an 18650 and I was underwhelmed with the low beam (it's usually in an MD3 with 3x123's). The wildcat sounds like a viable alternative, although I really like the MD3 length.
I run our Wildcats on MD3 w/ tricap and 2300mah 18500 cells. Simply awesome!