New Zebralight 4 AA Q50!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid87

Enlightened
low said:
Or longer.

True this has all the hallmarks of a "we have a few issues that need to be straightened out before production" type scenario. Although I hold out hope for a better outcome.

Scubie67

Enlightened
I got my fingers crossed that it does come out this month.They changed the schedule on the spreadsheet for the other products that were coming out this month.So far the Q50 is still listed for 3rd quarter so I guess its still on time for release

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my. I continue to see this thread pop up to the top thinking there is new info or pictures but again nothing :ohgeez:

low

Enlightened
There ain't gonna be any pictures until they get the emitters they are after. Everything with a neutral has been delayed. Zebralight said they were going to introduce the Q50 cool and neutral at the same time. It will indeed be a waiting game.

Danielsan

Enlightened
because its the first time non Li/ion-CR123 users get 800 Lumen in a small package. I like ZL because they have 1xAA lights with 200 Lumen. Great to see more Eneloop lights coming. I have to say that i dont like the Fenix TK41 because its too big, thats why i never carried my mag lites with me in the 80s. I even had a special grip for them, looked like a police baton :) but the big D-Cells were always empty or weak.

Ian2381

Enlightened
319430_286949971320451_141186002563516_1362267_640260376_n.jpg

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
whoa.

edit: looking at this pic- at some point in this thread wasn't length shortened? Op reads 3.8 inches. Either way this looks better than I imagined. Good job zl!

Last edited:

NickBose

Enlightened
Not sure if it's real or rendered but it looks good, except that Zebralight has explicitly said that there's no line between the head and the body, in other words the Q50 is a monolithic block of aluminium

Yes, exactly.

The head and body are not 'connected', they are in one piece.

And this is the 3D version which Zebralight has admitted as "very, very close"

Last one for some time just to put all what we know in picture (unibody, wire on the screw)
icKlyQ.png

A side note: on ZL facebook page there are 2 photos of the SC80 as well which is also a very interesting and highly anticipated light - in that it's the first one in the world that can use both AA and 123 batteries without the need of an extender! It uses XP-G and gives 220 lumen for 0.9 hrs but not sure on AA or 123

Last edited:

stp

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if it's real or rendered but it looks good, except that Zebralight has explicitly said that there's no line between the head and the body, in other words the Q50 is a monolithic block of aluminium

It looks real to me. This line may be just decorative. To be honest the light is looking good but I was hoping for more hmm slick look - the line and fins makes it little to messy for my liking. But it's not that important.

More important thing is that it looks like the reflector usable diameter is much smaller then it could be (it looks like quite a thick outer silver bezel of the reflector is under the glass) - I wonder why. Maybe ZL didn't have the correct one at this prototyping stage? Or maybe they are reusing reflector from SC600 with bigger bezel to cover bigger diameter of the Q50?

Anyway I can't wait to touch it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.