New Zebralight H600, just received -- not working

mellowhead

Enlightened
I just got my brand new H600w in the mail the other day. I also ordered some NCR18650B's (unprotected) to go in it from DX. Now, I haven't done any discharge tests to check if they are actual genuine Panasonic 3400's, but I measured the length and they are precisely 65mm long. Tried it in the light and the tailcap screws on nice and tight, no problems whatsoever - light works great. Looking at the tailcap on the H600 though, it's quite obvious that if the tailcap is not completely screwed on, it will not make electrical contact. This is because the threads are not what carry the electrical current; it's the copper ring around the inside base of the tailcap that makes contact with the non-anodized surface at the end of the battery tube. Seems pretty straight forward to me - if the tailcap can't make electrical contact (not fully tightened), the light won't turn on.
Jahna - as Bribo mentioned above, you won't need the protection circuit for the discharge side, as the low cutoff built into the light is higher than the NCR18650B's are rated to discharge to anyways.

Lightcycle1: Virtually all manufacturers who add the protection circuits add different protection circuits. Different protection circuits have different components, varying electrical specifications, and, yes, different dimensions as well. The circuits will ALWAYS add some length to the completed cell, but that can be anywhere from 2(?) to 5mm or so. Obviously, smaller is better for fitment & compatibility but tradeoffs come with a small size. Smaller can mean less current capability, and often means more expensive to produce.

LGT

Enlightened
ZL's usual QC looking after their buyers.
this is what stops me buying ZL.
thanks.
You have every right to state your opinion NW. But I think the many positive responses towards ZL lights, QC and CS should carry more weight then the few that have had less than satisfactory results. I have three headlamps, H31, H51Fw, H600 NW and a SC600. I've never had a problem with any of these lights. I've also bought a few lights that I just didn't think suited my needs, and they took them back with no problems. With all of the positive respone towards ZL, I'd take a chance and buy one. See for yourself what these lights really are, and how good their QC and CS can be.:twothumbs

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi hey and thanks, & yes, im on the way to finding just that all out, as I have ordered a SC600MkII, and will be ordering the SC52wMkII too.
so far,.............................................very good!.
ditched my fenix after all that you know!.
shame on me!. ZL really isn't as bad as it really seems, so worth some shots at it.
I cant beat you all, so im joining you all!.
thanks.

You have every right to state your opinion NW. But I think the many positive responses towards ZL lights, QC and CS should carry more weight then the few that have had less than satisfactory results. I have three headlamps, H31, H51Fw, H600 NW and a SC600. I've never had a problem with any of these lights. I've also bought a few lights that I just didn't think suited my needs, and they took them back with no problems. With all of the positive respone towards ZL, I'd take a chance and buy one. See for yourself what these lights really are, and how good their QC and CS can be.:twothumbs

speedsix

Enlightened
If you have had bad experiences with Zebralight and voice them, you are a troll. We don't want to hear about ZL being defective and breaking. All we want to know is how great they are and any negative comments will be deemed trolling.

Zebralights are the best lights ever! Sure they cost four times what they are worth and you have to immediately send them back to China for a replacement or repair when you get a bad one. People complain about the short warrenty period for a premium priced light but those people are silly. Those people who complain about ZL are ignoring the fact that they tend to work more than half the time.

LGT

Enlightened
If you have had bad experiences with Zebralight and voice them, you are a troll. We don't want to hear about ZL being defective and breaking. All we want to know is how great they are and any negative comments will be deemed trolling.

Zebralights are the best lights ever! Sure they cost four times what they are worth and you have to immediately send them back to China for a replacement or repair when you get a bad one. People complain about the short warrenty period for a premium priced light but those people are silly. Those people who complain about ZL are ignoring the fact that they tend to work more than half the time.
And you're bad experience with ZL was......... I also think if one voices their displeasure with a light in a sensible way, it's doubtful that it would be considered trolling. I tend to think one of the main reasons members come here is to find out the good and bad aspects of lights they may consider buying. Disregarding either pro or con statements seems a little foolish.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1. yes. good to know both sides, and make your own mind up.

And you're bad experience with ZL was......... I also think if one voices their displeasure with a light in a sensible way, it's doubtful that it would be considered trolling. I tend to think one of the main reasons members come here is to find out the good and bad aspects of lights they may consider buying. Disregarding either pro or con statements seems a little foolish.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just measured my protected Panasonic 18650B 3400 cells and they are 70mm long, 18.69 mm at the widest part. They work fine in some lights, won't work at all in others. Try an AW 18650 or Redilast 18650 or Callie's Kustom 18650 and you should be good to go.