NewBeam regulated LED for Mini-Mag

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
Darell,

Check this link to NewBeams support page. It has a diagram of the "old" vs "new"

Support
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that certainly clears it up - thanks! I must have missed that obvious "support" link the first time. The good news: I won't be spending money on this goodie right now. The bad news: I can't use this goodie right now
frown.gif

As suspected, all my Minimags are "old" style.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
uh-oh. What's the "old style?" I haven't bought a Minimag in years. I had no idea they'd changed...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somewhere along the line, Mag INstruments decided they wanted to be funny so they changed part of the Mini-Mag's switch. I don't know exactly when this change took place, but I'm guessing it was within the last few years.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
An article about you on a major technology news site like slashdot.org also helps.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Craig,

Slashdot is a big site. How do I find your article?

Brightnorm

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Craig, thanks for the 33,100 mcd reading. Yes, it is a tad low, was hoping for more. They may need to install narrower beam leds. It probably doesn't compete with other 3-leds like the PT models. BTW, if it takes 6+ hours/day at 365/year for goodies to show up at the door, it goes to show that nothing is really free after all. Thanks for your work!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carl:
Dear Craig, thanks for the 33,100 mcd reading. Yes, it is a tad low, was hoping for more. BTW, if it takes 6+ hours/day at 365/year for goodies to show up at the door, it goes to show that nothing is really free after all. Thanks for your work!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right - I was hoping for a bit more brightness with 3 LEDs. An Attitude with a fresh refill will kick this light's butt, but not for all that long.

As far as my LED Museum related work goes, 6 hours a day is pretty much a minimum value. Average here is 12 to 17 hours a day. I've pretty much gotten it down to a science. Start at 9am, take a couple hours off at 3pm, then start again around 5 or 6pm until 1 or 2 the next morning. Somewhere in this mess is a shower, a trip to the store, a spin around the neighborhood (flea markets, etc.), a few small meals, and some time in front of the TV with houserats running loose. Housework tends to take a back seat until it must be done. Thank goodness I don't have a wife - I'd never get anything done around here.
blush.gif

The work itself consists of such things as picking up and/or receiving packages, typing up web material, setting up for & taking product photos, processing the photos (yup, the protracted floppy transfer method), taking measurements, reading product documentation, transferring more data with floppies, updating existing web material, uploading all the new crap via dial-up connection and FTP, writing & answering e-mails (this is time consuming in and of itself), checking in on & responding to CPF postings, beating the **** out of flashlights, disassembling & reassembling flashlights, and getting into situations that allow for real-world testing of flashlights. This sometimes requires forced road trips; while at other times I simply carry the flashlight(s) and allow things to happen naturally.

And I've got more work on the way, scheduled to arrive starting early tomorrow morning with a UPS Red shipment. 7 flashlights from one outfit (requested immediate attention so they can make the catalogue in time), and 3 more from two other sources perhaps a day or two later. I took a break tonight to do a photo shoot for a magazine, but I'm back to work bright and early tomorrow as usual.
smile.gif

I've still got about an hour or hour and a half of "up time" left before the night watch, so I'd better go start another pot of coffee. (Don't even ask how many cans of coffee I buy a month).
blush.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these little gems on the way as well. I'll post a review ASAP after I receive it (probably this weekend or early next week).

Latest posts