Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO +

Wiking

Newly Enlightened
Re: Another question about search&rescue...

I believe the latter is the third version. It is the version I have which is suppose to be the third version. I have had no problems and am very happy with it.

"v1.12-1111 is version 3. i got sent v1 11-1110 which is version 2 and still this years model. so far, it is working perfectly. was in a roof yesterday and accidentally had it on turbo. it didnt cycle down at all (was on for about 5-10mins) but honestly, it gets hot to touch by this time, so you are more likely to cycle it down yourself if you are holding it. on high, it hardly gets hot at all even after about 30 mins or so."

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...xXM-L)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO/page13

Yes, "v1.12-1111 is version 3' is the third version! :thumbsup:

Thank's guys.

So that means the TW11 version 3 is not so picky on batteries, the length of them, as the earlier versions?

I have read that there are two different versions, one with neutral and one other. I'll guess that is the "tint" of the whitebalance, but whitch gives the strongest beam, or most light?

When the youngsters put Xenon bulbs with higher color temp in their cars headlights they want them to give a more blueish tint of the light, whitch appears to be brighter cooler for the eye, but a lower more normal color temp seems to give a bit more white/yellow tint, but also when mesured actually gives more light on the rad for the eyes. So is it the same with the TM11? That the neutral gives the best light but not the cool blueish as the other version?

brightnorm

Flashaholic

Well, it certainly sets a record for the number of replies to any of my reviews (22 pages and counting). :eek:oo: But I am afraid the lowly ITP A3 out-ranks it for raw views (at over 100K and counting). ;)
Just goes to show that "mine is smaller than yours" is a much more positive statement on CPF than it usually is in "real life" :grin2:

Brightnorm

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Technical question. The max output ("2000lm") .. is it possible to achieve it with 2x 18650, or are at least 3 cells necessary? Since the cells are in parallel, i guess that the 1 cell isnt sufficient to provide the current for the 2000lm output?

If i can generate all brightness levels with <4 cells, why wouldnt i want to run the light with <4 cells? :)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

Technical question. The max output ("2000lm") .. is it possible to achieve it with 2x 18650, or are at least 3 cells necessary? Since the cells are in parallel, i guess that the 1 cell isnt sufficient to provide the current for the 2000lm output?

If i can generate all brightness levels with <4 cells, why wouldnt i want to run the light with <4 cells? :)

This is why if I go in the field I carry for back up at least 12 18650's and at least 24 Surefire CR123's. :thumbsup:

NetGod3Com

Newly Enlightened

Two words..... Longer Runtime.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Haha.. funny guys. That doesnt answer my original technical question ;)

So how many cells are really needed for producing the 2000 lumens?

drsgbriggs

Newly Enlightened

FWIW I've had a couple of these for 6 months now and I just love them. Best value torches, I'd say. I recently got an Olight X6 Marauder 5000 lumen torch, and can see why 2 TMs are better...here's what I posted on that torch's review page...

I've had this light for several weeks now. It does everything Olight said it would, and is very bright and illuminates a wide area when walking. I've been careful to not blind my dogs when they look back at me in the woods.

My only gripe is that I'd like to be able to tail-stand it inside a tent trailer to provide room illumination. I'll make some sort of workaround to do this, but IMHO if the cord came out the side of the casing rather than the "back", tail-standing it would be very easy. For camping, I'll use two TM-11's for interior illumination, these give me about 4000 lumens in total, and a longer run time on high, and they are so much more easily transported. Also, I'm really looking forward to Olight making a magnetic mount for this torch. I managed to pick this up for $465 CAD, but honestly I'd say getting 2 Tiny Monsters might be a better way to go. For fishermen who want dock boats at night, this thing rocks! And it would be even better with a boat-side or car-side mount that is easily detachable.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast

Selfbuilt, would you have any tests of the TM11's younger brother, the 2450 lumen longer and deeper reflectored 380 meter throwing, but narrower spill updated TM15 in the pipeline?

Wiking

Newly Enlightened

Selfbuilt, would you have any tests of the TM11's younger brother, the 2450 lumen longer and deeper reflectored 380 meter throwing, but narrower spill updated TM15 in the pipeline?

Just for information.

10 hours ago I send an email to HK-Equipment with some questions about TM11 and for some minutes ago I got an answer back. They wrote that the TM11 was sold out and not in stock, but that the new TM15 will arrive in 1-2 days.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

I do plan to review the TM15, but I don't have a clear timeline yet.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do plan to review the TM15, but I don't have a clear timeline yet.

selfbuilt

If you have Nitecore's ear or attention, please tell them to still make and improve the original TM11. :thumbsup:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

It's been mentioned here before (but probably lost in the 15 pages now :rolleyes:), the screw-on bezel diffuser from the Eagletac M2 and M3 series lights (e.g., M3C4) is a perfect fit. Just unscrew the metal bezel on the TM11, and screw on the ET diffuser, et voila. :)

Frosted films are always an inexpensive choice to diffuse light beams. FYI, the screw-on diffuser from the Eagletac M3C4 lights is a perfect fit for the TM11.

good info, thanks!!
please feel free to share photos of this setup, and thanks anyway if you cant! :)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

I have two the Eagletac M2 & M3 screw on diffusers for my two version 3 TM11 lights. :thumbsup:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have two the Eagletac M2 & M3 screw on diffusers for my two version 3 TM11 lights. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

wanna show us a photo? ;)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thumbsup:

wanna show us a photo? ;)

shelm

I have no smart phone or any other way to make digital images.

Having a three year old Dell Studio xps with a dsl connection is as high tech I am. ;)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Having a three year old Dell Studio xps with a dsl connection is as high tech I am. ;)
Then i guess i have to order the screw-on white diffuser filter lens without having seen visual demonstration of the setup prior to purchase. ;)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

Then i guess i have to order the screw-on white diffuser filter lens without having seen visual demonstration of the setup prior to purchase. ;)

I think you will be pleased with the Eagletac threaded diffuser lens. ;)

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast

Or buy some Pillsbury Orange Sweet Rolls for $3 from your local grocery store, enjoy the sweet rolls, and cut a diffuser from the bottom of the icing canister. Sizing on the bottom part of the canister is already an exact to fit the TM11 bezel, so there's very little work or trimming calculation involved. And there's no yellow hue associated with the plastic as with many other self-make plastic cutouts (as with milk jug plastic and the like).

Free Diffuser for NiteCore TM11 with Purchase of Pillsbury Orange Sweet Rolls

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

Or buy some Pillsbury Orange Sweet Rolls for $3 from your local grocery store, enjoy the sweet rolls, and cut a diffuser from the bottom of the icing canister. Sizing on the bottom part of the canister is already an exact to fit the TM11 bezel, so there's very little work or trimming calculation involved. And there's no yellow hue associated with the plastic as with many other self-make plastic cutouts (as with milk jug plastic and the like).

Free Diffuser for NiteCore TM11 with Purchase of Pillsbury Orange Sweet Rolls

Great idea, as Albert Einstein said "imagination is as imprortant as knowledge".

RedSquirrel

Newly Enlightened

Just took delivery of my TM11. Very happy to see that it's the newest version V1.12! However I have some brand new 18700 3.7V 2600 mAh XTAR batteries and they don't seem to work in the flashlight! The flashlight appears to close properly but it just doesn't illuminate in any way.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for the usual excellent standard of review! They are always great reading.

EDIT 2: I know it says 18650s but I was under the impression the only difference between 18650 and 18700 is the length.

Last edited: