Nitecore TM15 and TM20

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought I'd bump this to see if anyone has heard any news from other forums around the world about the TM20

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the picture of the TM-20 it looks like there are multiple yellow batteries under the led and the plastic around it. Is the light only a mockup?
Also I gues it will probbaly be using the SBT-90. I don't see hw it will do 2000+ Lumens.

Bwolcott

Enlightened
In the picture of the TM-20 it looks like there are multiple yellow batteries under the led and the plastic around it. Is the light only a mockup?
Also I gues it will probbaly be using the SBT-90. I don't see hw it will do 2000+ Lumens.

wheres a pic of the tm20 Ive only seen the one of the tm15

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Max-input power is 50W
That host will never be able to dissipate that much heat.
The SR-95 only does 30W.
My Varapower Turbo does around 40W and gets insanely hot (led soldered directly to dopper heatsink).
You also have to factor in lens- and reflector losses (~20% with ar-coated lens).
2000 otf lumens is what Olight manages with the normal SST-90 which is more efficient.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad to see that manufacturers are starting to come out with some high lumen, single emitter long throwers versus the ever growing list of trriple+ xml lights. I have the Jetbeam RRT-3 and it's a great area illuminator, but not very strong on throw. As to the Skilhunt K30 and K30 GT: I contacted the manufacturer and they told me these wouldn't be ready until at least October or later and that they have no U.S. distrubutors at this time. I'm rather reluctant ordering through another country. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for the TM20... My TN-31 needs a big brother!

diggy64

Newly Enlightened
I love the flood on the TM11. I'm afraid the new recessed head will diminish that to some degree, although throw will likely be even better. Also adding charging ports always scares me, although Nitecore still claims IPX-8. We'll have to wait and see. Sexy as always though.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the flood on the TM11. I'm afraid the new recessed head will diminish that to some degree, although throw will likely be even better. Also adding charging ports always scares me, although Nitecore still claims IPX-8. We'll have to wait and see. Sexy as always though.

I feel the same way, Nitecore should still make and sell the TM11 for people who need a good flood light! :thumbsup:

bazguitarman

Newly Enlightened
I think I want a TM15. But I'll wait until the initial production bugs and feeding frenzy are over. I would also like to see the real world run times from some of our review masters. See what the lights will actually do. And not just what Nitecore's marketing tells us it will do. Although their numbers are usually pretty close. Looks like an exciting torch for sure.

Eric

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
I think I want a TM15. But I'll wait until the initial production bugs and feeding frenzy are over. I would also like to see the real world run times from some of our review masters. See what the lights will actually do. And not just what Nitecore's marketing tells us it will do. Although their numbers are usually pretty close. Looks like an exciting torch for sure.

Eric

I would hope all the bugs were already worked out from what they learned on the TM11.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would hope all the bugs were already worked out from what they learned on the TM11.

I will repeat again that I hope Nitecore still keeps in production the TM11.

There is no other light that I know of that can match the TM11 for a small but poweful flood light.