Nitecore TM15 and TM20

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because there is no first optics (dome lens) on the emitter, so the visual luminance (surface brightness) is increase to n^2 times of the emitter with lens, where n is the refractive index of the lens.

That's incredible.
It's also so simple.
I wonder why they didn't think about de-doming it before???

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh hell. I tried to watch the video but this dude's been watching too many american movies. He's doing the Cali thing but in German where he finishes EVERYTHING as a question.

Damn that's irritating but I like the idea of the TM20 as I don't think my TM11 has enough throw.

Interesting news indeed...too bad lights go down in price so fast. Can't get your money back :(

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought an LED without the dome meant brighter but shorter life span. If I recall, a fellow member had a DIY home-made Mag SST-90 in the custom section and found this out the hard way - burned out the expensive SST-90 LED rather quickly.

On the other hand, I doubt that a company would risk doing such a thing and getting a bunch of lights returned for repair either. There must be some info missing in this interesting story...

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure would like to see the two-button electronic controls from the nitecore EC1 to be put on the TM series.

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
t9z5zp.jpg

14buudh.jpg

Kletsou

Newly Enlightened
I would love to get my hands on the TM20. The TM11 just lack that bit of through!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what retail will be on these. The only way I justified my tm 11 was the gun safari promo

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Ragnar66

Enlightened
I hear that....but the 11 has been so amazing......I think I would actually bite early......

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear that....but the 11 has been so amazing......I think I would actually bite early......

i wonder if the tm15/20 will use a similar driver as the tm11.... if so they probably got all the 'bugs' out of it during the tm11s run

kj2

Flashaholic
Hope that those new lights, will hit the stores soon- and reviews will come quick :)
Think I will go for the TM20 ;)

Last edited:

Sberri

Newly Enlightened
Really hope that Nitecore will make an easy to use diffuser for the TM 20, imagine that throw with the ability to use a good diffuser... great combo

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been holding out for a while now waiting for the TM20, really hope Nitecore will have updates soon

Latest posts