Nitecore

sm101

Newly Enlightened
Are nitecore flashlights reliable as Fenix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
i cant really compare but i can tell u have a nitecore ea4 and its a very impresive light for wat it is. hasnt missed a beet. i have dropped it in water, and on the ground and its fine. alot cheaper then fenix too i might add.

Since I bought my First Nitecore light I've been very impressed with them. I was in the market for a good "AA" light for work (I like having a power source I can find anywhere), but something that wasn't rediculously priced. I setteld on the MT2a and was so impressed with it I bought a few for friends and Christmas gifts. I've also bought the MT21a and I got an EA8 that was on sale as well. The EA8 is awesome to say the least. They're great quality lights from what I've seen and have impressive stats and run times that compete with all the other name brands. A lot of them do have a "step down" from the turbo mode but from what I've seen even after the step down they're still brighter than the "high" setting. Haven't had any issues yet with any of them.

Everybody I''ve shown my lights to have been very impressed with them and a couple people have even bought their own after seeing mine.

I'm hoping to find a good deal on some EA8's before Christmas and plan on getting 4 of them for gifts.

IMO you can't go wrong with Nitecore.

ven

Flashaholic
Touch wood no issue yet with my p25,ea4 and ea8 which i got good deals on.Do like the overall presentation from the nice quality feel,holsters,O rings etc etc supplied.Only early days yet still as none have been used with anger.Dont have the experience as the guys here.Great beam,well made and to me a high standard for a decent price.So far i would say go for it as after my 1st purchase i bought 2 more within weeks..........

RiCu

Newly Enlightened
I love my EA8, gets used everyday for walking my dog around the peaks, am still not bored of the amount of throw it chucks out.

ven

Flashaholic
I love my EA8, gets used everyday for walking my dog around the peaks, am still not bored of the amount of throw it chucks out.

Its great with the 60mm diffuser too (apart from if not careful fitting it will pop the front out) but gives a great spread.

Agree a cracking flashlight,feels solid in the hand and a nice weight.Got some eneloops on order x12 for the ea4 too

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
I'm a fan of Fenix lights and own several of them, never owned a NiteCore flashlight before so I'm thinking on getting the EA8 as my first but are they as good as Fenix when it comes to Warranty repairs, Customer Service and availability of parts and accessories?

ven

Flashaholic
Cant comment on actual experience but from what i have read the simple answer would be possibly not.Bare in mind though it only takes a few negative reports even though they maybe 5 out of 1000.

ea8 wise i dont think you will be disappointed.........i am not anyway,nice solid feel,quality feel too.Great beam,nice flood too from the 60mm head.
I am the other way,dont own a fenix however that will change within a month as the new tk51 looks very nice to name one,also like the tk22 as well.

Is there a nitecore importer your way(shop that stocks them who you trust),if so try them out..........i would if uncertain.Try email,if not by phone,could just invent a fault and see what kind of reply you get,if part required is in stock,should be free as its within warranty.That way you have 1st hand experience,just a thought.

I have read some negative reports,but i am sure you can with most...........well maybe not surefire as they seem fantastic.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
Cant comment on actual experience but from what i have read the simple answer would be possibly not.Bare in mind though it only takes a few negative reports even though they maybe 5 out of 1000.

ea8 wise i dont think you will be disappointed.........i am not anyway,nice solid feel,quality feel too.Great beam,nice flood too from the 60mm head.
I am the other way,dont own a fenix however that will change within a month as the new tk51 looks very nice to name one,also like the tk22 as well.

Is there a nitecore importer your way(shop that stocks them who you trust),if so try them out..........i would if uncertain.Try email,if not by phone,could just invent a fault and see what kind of reply you get,if part required is in stock,should be free as its within warranty.That way you have 1st hand experience,just a thought.

I have read some negative reports,but i am sure you can with most...........well maybe not surefire as they seem fantastic.

After doing some research I found this post on the CPF Market Place website regarding Olight dealers, which are just CPF authorized dealers but not sure if they will take care of Warranty repairs or maybe unless I purchase the light direct from them?.... Anyhow, I sent an email and waiting for their response.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?249329-Olight-Authorized-CPF-Dealers

I also receive an email from Fenix and the expected release date for the Fenix TK51 is Oct 30th and for the New Special Edition LED TK22 XM-L2 in Military Grey color, is Oct 22nd, so I probably end up buying this model instead of the EA8 since I'm already familiar with Fenix reputation when it comes to Warranty and CS.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own both Fenix and Nitecore brands and would recommend either and ironically only logged in tonight to order a new Nitecore light.I am ordering the twin fuel SRT3.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
...so what about NiteCore Customer Service and Warranty repairs or replacement? That's what I'm concerned.

I'm sorry but I can't speak to that. The only company I've had to deal with in that regard is Crelant. Had a brand new light fail on me and they replaced it for just the cost of shipping.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
...so what about NiteCore Customer Service and Warranty repairs or replacement? That's what I'm concerned.

Not sure what the law is in the US&A but in the UK your contract is with the seller so therefore the seller sorts your problem and as i pick a decent supplier in the first place and i own several brands i feel ok with any make and lets be honest most decent makes should be ok to buy.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
After doing some research I found this post on the CPF Market Place website regarding Olight dealers, which are just CPF authorized dealers but not sure if they will take care of Warranty repairs or maybe unless I purchase the light direct from them?.... Anyhow, I sent an email and waiting for their response.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?249329-Olight-Authorized-CPF-Dealers

I also receive an email from Fenix and the expected release date for the Fenix TK51 is Oct 30th and for the New Special Edition LED TK22 XM-L2 in Military Grey color, is Oct 22nd, so I probably end up buying this model instead of the EA8 since I'm already familiar with Fenix reputation when it comes to Warranty and CS.

Update- Received a response to my email from GoingGear.com, an authorized dealer for NiteCore and other manufacturers of flashlights:

"We act as a middle man between NiteCore and the customer as far as repairs and warranty issues. Now, if the light is defective or broken on delivery we have a store police of a 30 day return"

Well, I guess I'll be covered by the warranty as long as I purchase the light from them or any other authorized dealer.

Last edited:

ravens70

Newly Enlightened
I have used Nitecore for a few years now. The SRT6 on my belt and SRT5 in my cargo pocket along with the TM11 stashed in the vehicle they have not failed me. I also use Jetbeam and Fenix lights as well (with a few Streamlight and Surefire lights in the mix). All of them great performers and well builds. Coming from a 17 year LEO with the past 4 years on a CSI midnight shift so lighting is very important to me.

Latest posts