Novatac with a different badge. (Cheap for LEO's)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Places that sell their flashlights only to LEO, as if the general public isn't capable of owning such things, really tick me off....

I agree with you. It's one thing for a business to sell certain items to LEOs only, but flashlights?? Why not sell those to everybody, but offer LEOs a discount instead.

I found a B&M store near my old job that caters to LEOs. Despite the "LEOs Only" sign in the window, I called ahead. I was told that they'd sell me any light in the store. But I'd have to produce the proper permit if I wanted to buy a weapon-light. Now that's a place where common sense is alive & well.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked about the tan color,"...are there two colored bodies on the SPL-120 model? On the product page (not the order page) it shows two distinctly different colored bodies, one a natural or tan, and the other black."

And here's the response: "That is designed for military orders over 1500 units."
I'm still torn on whether I want a Novatac or if I should wait until spring to see what the SHOT show reveals, and for prices to come down.

Shot Show is just around the corner. :buddies: I would wait.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Not necessarily. I do know from past experience that major announcements and lots of test stuff abound there.

Only reason why I have gone in the past - I've got an FFL.

-Steve

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Well, I'm ticked. Here's the latest letter.

Anyone else get this today?

-Steve
----------
Date: Jan 3, 2008 7:05 AM
Subject: Refund
To: Steve Yee

Good Morning Mr. Yee:

My name is Benny J. Nesbitt,Jr., I am the Finance Director for SPA Defense.

At this time we were unable to process your order for the SPL-120, flashlight.

Therefore we have issued your credit card a refund immediately in the amount of $ 125.06.

Sorry for any inconvenience to you.

Thank You,

Benny J. Nesbitt, Jr.
Finance Director
S.P.A.- Defense
954-568-7690 (Office)
954-630-4159 (Fax)

Beastmaster

Enlightened
No kidding. I am just slightly torqued that they didn't offer me a 120T. Supposedly, they have 120T's in stock. It's bad customer service. I might go say something to them when I go to SHOT....they are going to have a booth there.

Either way, I'll take the refund. Then I'll buy something else. Since I just got some Sandwich Shoppe bodies that I pretty much have fallen in love with, I might just Lego some more of my own that have variable output tactical tailcaps.

-Steve

I guess that took care of the question as to whether they would sell it to you or not.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad I didn't bother with them. For what it's worth, Novatac never got back to me about whether these were legit lights and if they were covered under warrenty. I wrote them about 2 weeks ago.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
I look at it this way - now I can take the money and get more bodies and tailcaps.

Ironically, my recent Lego conversion does 80% of what I need an EDC to do anyways. Admittedly, the Novatac has a certain cool factor to it though.

-Steve

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... that really sucks.

Last week, I was told by the CEO (Tony Giorgio) that I "just missed" the last SPL-120P during my inquiry to change from the 120T to the 120P, and that he'd process it with the next batch coming in about 2 weeks. I haven't gotten this letter from the "CFO" yet (they're such a small outfit--silly that there'd be anybody in an executive position other than 'president'), but I guess it's just a matter of time.

Dammit, I was looking forward to this light... but then, I have to believe the resale won't be as good as a Novatac, because of the missing Novatac brand name. So perhaps it was a good thing not to get it after all... unless I feell head-over-heels with the light and would never give it up. ;)

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Well, I'm just a little miffed at the principle of the thing. If they had 120T's, they should offer it - even though I wouldn't have taken it (or I might have - who knows?).

What order number were you? I was #6, MCMC was #7.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just think they are too much money. What are they nowadays, an off-center average binned Cree with a plastic lens and a really nice finish. Whooptey doo that $190 just about flew out of my wallet. :rolleyes:

Latest posts