Oklahoma full auto machine gun shoot!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never shot one, but the full auto 9mm handguns are supposed to be a handful to shoot to say the least... Beretta made one and Glock makes one. There are a number of easier to shoot Soviet Block models that use smaller and 'less powerful' cartridges but I guess if someone gets shot with enough BBs, he's done for!
icon12.gif

Actually, I have an article from about a year ago on about 8 different full auto and select fire handguns.

InfidelCastro

Banned
nemul said:
i want the 2 full auto hand gun that guy had!

Glock 18's I think. I don't know where he got them, because I didn't think there were anything other than just post-dealer samples available, but maybe there are some transferable ones, I really don't know for sure.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
As far as the C-130 gunships go, I'ver heard both "Spectre" and "Spooky," but "Puff the magic Dragon" sounds like a winner to me.

I've heard some stories about the guys that used to operate them during the Vietnam War - they were playing "video games" with live ammo long befre the "first person shooter" was ever invented ... and having competitions! Who can nail the most ammo trucks, who can kill a truck with the fewest rounds of ammo, which attack pattern causes the most chaos in the convoy, and other more sinister games.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a Glock 18 at a major police-type dealership in southern Indiana... along with that $8,500 MP5... And I talked with a guy that owns another gunshop that said he had shot one... very uncontrollable after about the first three shots or so. Either the Glock or the Beretta had a select fire 3-round burst mode version available plus the Beretta has the little forward assist to help keep the muzzle down.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old HK VP-70M was another full-auto pistol. But they did it the smart way--the included hard holster was also a detachable buttstock. Once it was snapped on you could do 3-round bursts.

InfidelCastro

Banned
cratz2 said:
I saw a Glock 18 at a major police-type dealership in southern Indiana... along with that $8,500 MP5... And I talked with a guy that owns another gunshop that said he had shot one... very uncontrollable after about the first three shots or so. Either the Glock or the Beretta had a select fire 3-round burst mode version available plus the Beretta has the little forward assist to help keep the muzzle down.

The Beretta 93R had a type of muzzle break. I'm sure one is available for the Glock as well.

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
cratz2 said:
I've never shot one, but the full auto 9mm handguns are supposed to be a handful to shoot to say the least... Beretta made one and Glock makes one. There are a number of easier to shoot Soviet Block models that use smaller and 'less powerful' cartridges but I guess if someone gets shot with enough BBs, he's done for!
icon12.gif

Actually, I have an article from about a year ago on about 8 different full auto and select fire handguns.

I shot a friend's micro Uzi several years ago-quite a handful at 1300 RPM.After a little practice I could keep all shots in a 12 inch group at 50ft but that was about it.

edison

Enlightened
ABTOMAT said:
The old HK VP-70M was another full-auto pistol. But they did it the smart way--the included hard holster was also a detachable buttstock. Once it was snapped on you could do 3-round bursts.

Not trying to step on your toes; however, I know my HKs.

When the buttstock was attached you could select between tri-burst and semi-auto fire. There was no "full-giggle" setting.

The Germans have always made superior/practical small arms.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I'm aware of that. Although not correct, I mentally count burst capability as an auto weapon. Didn't express myself properly.

That reminds me, every now and then a VP-70Z (civvie version) comes up for sale. I've heard folks say that they're a pain to shoot because of the action. How does the DA mechanism in these work?

cslinger

Enlightened
VP70 triggers are, well, ummm, heavy. Lemmee see. Take your average industrial staple gun you find at Home Depot. You know one of those old silver sqeeze ones. That is about what the trigger on a VP70 feels like........................after a trigger job. :D

Actually it's not that bad but it is extremely heavy and one of the worst triggers I have felt.

Knob Creek is awe inspiring to say the least. As for full auto firearms once you shoot enough of them they are basically a nice way to turn money into noise. All things considered I have more fun on semi-auto. I do like SBR and SBS though.

Chris

Latest posts