Yogibo Yogi Max vs. CordaRoy's Full or Queen...

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
After relocating several thousand miles, I am in the market for a new sleeping surface.
I like a firm mattress with lots of support, and will gladly sleep on a carpeted floor instead of a "mushy" mattress.

I've been intrigued by two companies that offer mattress alternatives, Yogibo and CordaRoy's.

Both have lounge/sleeping platforms oriented around filling some kind of fabric with small flexible pieces of artificial goodness.

Yogibo uses polystyrene, like packing peanuts, and offers a 12 month warranty.
From my research, polystyrene is highly flammable, and has a lower "R" (insulation) value than polyurethane.

The CordaRoy's products use polyurethane as the filler, and offer a lifetime warranty.
From my research, polyurethane is less flammable, and has a higher "R" (insulation) value than polystyrene.

1) Has anybody tried either of these products?
2) Has anybody used either of these products for the express purpose of sleeping?

The Yogibo products are cheaper vs. the area they cover, but the lifetime warranty of the CordaRoy's is certainly a big plus.

The Yogibo products appear to be stiffer at first, but then you need to buy replacement filler to restore the support.
That doesn't sit well with me.
I do not know if the CordaRoy's products would require the same (yearly?) maintenance.

I know firsthand that polystyrene packing peanuts compress easily.
I've never played with polyurethane "peanuts".

What do you guys think?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Can't say I've tried those, but I can say that just finding a big enough sleep store can be very helpful; some of the furniture places out here in Cali are the size of small shopping malls, so the mattress section allows you to try out many dozens of models in one place. That's how I found my own preference, firm mattress with medium pillow top - you sink into the top just an inch or so then are supported by a firm surface beneath, very similar to floating.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in favor of floating.

I wonder if we will see technologies that let us do that, one day...

Yes, you are absolutely right in that some of those mattress stores are just massive.

I can't state with a straight face that I am considering an alternative to a spring mattress for reasons other than coolness,
but I am okay with that. :)

Price vs. square footage is roughly comparable, but of course, some of those high-end spring mattresses
go for astronomical sums.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I can't state with a straight face that I am considering an alternative to a spring mattress for reasons other than coolness,
but I am okay with that. :)

Price vs. square footage is roughly comparable, but of course, some of those high-end spring mattresses
go for astronomical sums.

Well it's been a few years since I last shopped, but at least one of the places we went to had the alternative memory foam Temperpedic bed; too soft. And I've spent a few nights on a Sleep Number bed, but being a guy, I set it to the dead-middle 50 setting and fell asleep promptly per usual, so then never bothered to change it afterwards.

I'm a big fan of Sheraton Hotel's Sweet Sleeper mattress, but at ~$1,200 they know how much it's worth..