Old School E2E with MN03 & Z52

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Not really. LF measures bulb lumens while SF measures actual output. Multiply the LF measurements by 0.65 to compare to surefire ratings. So its more like 60 lumens for 70 minutes or about the same output and runtime as the surefire lamp assemble but using a rechargeable battery.

I would agree with this but it is great to get that kind of output with a rechargeable.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps with these lamps being so small, we will experience a focusing difference between lamps.

I can't speak for others, but my MN02 stays whiter and brighter, noticeably longer than the MN03, which starts out brighter. The MN03 is a more difficult load and the cells can't supply the required current to maintain equal brightness after, say, ~20 minutes or so. The MN02 will appear brighter after the MN03's, initial, brighter start, and run longer.

da.gee

Enlightened
If that incan amazes you, wait for the day when get your hands on an a2's beautifil incan beam. I've wanted an E2D for a while now and think I'll pick one up soon.

-Evan

Unfortunately that's what I was thinking. If this beam is so cool what would a brighter incan beam look like? I'm doomed.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Unfortunately that's what I was thinking. If this beam is so cool what would a brighter incan beam look like? I'm doomed.

It isnt just that it is brighter, it is, but also that it is regulated like a lot of LED lights. So it stays at the same brightness until the battery is really about gone, then it starts to rapidly get yellow.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Firing up an E2e for the first time back then ... that was a WOW-factor that shook some old beliefs and foundations. Back when incans ruled the illumination world.

The M6 later was just mad giggles ... :D

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast

This way lies madness! Incredibly thrilling madness, delicious madness, giggle-inducing madness!

Once you start down the hotwire path it's pretty hard to stop...

Latest posts